After Christianity: what will be the next big "Religion"?

Eregion2

Islam is the world's fastest growing religion anyway. I mean that even if you take away the fundamentalists. Atheism isn't growing as fast as Islam.

Means nothing to me, I just thought I'd put this here...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're talking soon-to-be in population size, I'd reckon it'll be Islam. But if we're talking about a far-flung thing, I believe it'll be something like Zen and Christianslamdaism.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

All i can say is if it does die, and Athiests run amuk, theres going to be a lot of sorry people sitting in hell while the believers enjoy everlasting salvation. :roll: :lol: ;)

Condemning people to Hell based on their beliefs? You sir, are a GREAT advert for Christianity.

In fact, Christianity could do with less people like you going around making threats to others due to their beliefs. Otherwise, it is a perfectly nice religion.

Blegh, my bad. I tend to speak without thinking occasionally. Guess this time it was extremely rude. Im sorry.

It doesnt help when you have anxiety attacks about the unknown after death :ohnoes:

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

It doesnt help when you have anxiety attacks about the unknown after death :ohnoes:

It's unknown for everyone, and that's not going to change any time soon. Even if it causes problems it's best not to insult other people.

Doesn't really matter if you're a christian, muslim, atheist, hindu or whatever; Of the total 6.5 billion people on this planet, religious adherence between christianity, islam, hinduism, (and atheism which isn't a religion) is roughly 20-25% each, with significant buddhist, taoist and naturalist religious people, and 15 million jews.

That means regardless of your religious stance, 70-75% of the world don't agree with you nor have anything to do with your religion or lack of it. Take those people's beliefs into consideration before condemning or ridiculing them, they can think you're just as equally "wrong".

I can probably see people moving away from worshipping singlular/multiple deities and following set religious practices, and more to a kind of spiritual community.

On the one hand, I can see more education in science highlighting the absurdities of many religious claims. But on the other hand, many scientists and people educated in science have an amazing sense of wonder at the world. It's not religion as most people would define it, but there is something very deep and reflective about it, almost bordering on naturalistic spirituality. At least, that's where I'd like to see the world move towards.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Actually, just saying that it would be very difficult for Christianity to die. If it were to even face a worldwide ban for some terrible reason the devout worshipers would simply take it underground like it was in Rome. Christianity was forged in the crucible, it can survive there. To be honest, we could use something like that to weed out all the Christians "in name only."

Some churches actually do something like that, they get someone to run in with a gun an tell people if they want to live then they must say there is no God, then they can leave. They use this to find out who really are Christians

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Actually, just saying that it would be very difficult for Christianity to die. If it were to even face a worldwide ban for some terrible reason the devout worshipers would simply take it underground like it was in Rome. Christianity was forged in the crucible, it can survive there. To be honest, we could use something like that to weed out all the Christians "in name only."

Some churches actually do something like that, they get someone to run in with a gun an tell people if they want to live then they must say there is no God, then they can leave. They use this to find out who really are Christians

I'm sorry, but I just can't believe that at all.

I'm sorry, but I just can't believe that at all.

It isn't true. It's just a story preachers/priests use. I remember when our preacher told us this. :lol:

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Wow! that is one hell of a tough question.... I don't think it will be atheism though, as trading in one logical fallacy for another isn't very likely. Personally, I have no clue, the world is so unpredictable in the situation could change at any time that there is no way to make an accurate guess. However, if I had to say, I would say it would likely be a universalist branch of a preexisting religion. Or perhaps one like Baha'i, or something like that.

signature.png

If Europe or America falls to Islam, its our own faults. While Islam is becoming more radical and stronger (majority of Islam is still peaceful though, just to clarify this, and avoid getting sued), Christianity is becoming less concrete, lots of Christians no longer truly live by every word of the bible. The problem is that since islam is still a minority, they can bash christianity all they want, but we can barely touch them without getting slapped with lawsuits (take for example Macleans magazine in Canada got sued for publishing an article on why islam will take over america, the case only got dismissed after a year because the judge decided it wasnt in the human rights court's authority to punish them). We are to afraid to be politically incorrect, while over in the middle east they lash people for insulting Mohammad (family Guy has made hundreds of Jesus jokes, and no one cares). I have no prooblem with peacefull islam, but no one can say that the west would be better off under islamic rule

URRRRRRRGH I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND ISLAM.

Islamic nations have always been breeding grounds for greatness. It's just the damn location. It's such a terrible area that Islam is located in - people are spread far and wide over a huge area - that great minds can fall to corruption and use the beliefs against the world. Similar to Christianity in past times.

One thing that would keep people in the West from converting in masses to Islam is the dedication, however. Praying five times a day, Ramadan, that sort of thing. Also, some ideas would have to be different before it'd be accepted - like the general treatment of women or Islamic law in general.

........ I must admit that Islam is a lot worse. Take everything bad about Christianity, multiply it by 10, and you have Islam.

Example of an uneducated poster.

Just to inform you as a muslim my self

I ADMIT muslims are the worst people right now

BUT islam does not preach hatred, or terrorism etc

The only reason why this is happening is because of the invasion

Before that did you ever hear much about Radical islamists?

In my opinion 9/11 was an inside job too but thats my view

And yes islam is the fastest spreading religion in the world before and after 9/11

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

Yes, and this is the other error when following Islam, some people like to only look at it from 2001 onwards because that's the only time where they've actually cared. The media are included in that.

Radical Islam has been going on for centuries before. Hell, you could even argue Muhammad was an advocate of radical Islam in the way he conquered Mecca. What people need to learn is the difference between spiritual religion, and political religion, instead of lazily banding the two together and saying "Spiritual Islam is bad because some aspects of political Islam are bad".

The real debate on Islam is this: Is it Islam that causes some people to strap a belt to them and blow themselves up on a busy London afternoon; or is it some people using a twisted interpretation of Islam to prey on some (mostly young) people's legitimate grievances?

Now, having spent 14 years of my life in two schools where the majority of pupils were Muslims, and also having seen the rise in Islamist extremism post-Iraq invasion, and I'm more obliged to say it's the latter, and that the vast majority of Muslims are no more dangerous to society than the law-abiding Atheists on this board.

Yes, and this is the other error when following Islam, some people like to only look at it from 2001 onwards because that's the only time where they've actually cared. The media are included in that.

Radical Islam has been going on for centuries before. Hell, you could even argue Muhammad was an advocate of radical Islam in the way he conquered Mecca. What people need to learn is the difference between spiritual religion, and political religion, instead of lazily banding the two together and saying "Spiritual Islam is bad because some aspects of political Islam are bad".

The real debate on Islam is this: Is it Islam that causes some people to strap a belt to them and blow themselves up on a busy London afternoon; or is it some people using a twisted interpretation of Islam to prey on some (mostly young) people's legitimate grievances?

Now, having spent 14 years of my life in two schools where the majority of pupils were Muslims, and also having seen the rise in Islamist extremism post-Iraq invasion, and I'm more obliged to say it's the latter, and that the vast majority of Muslims are no more dangerous to society than the law-abiding Atheists on this board.

Finally a mature post

The people blowing themselves up etc are brainwashed in to doing something that is forbidden...Killing innocent people

But on the otherhand so are the troops

I still dont see no "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq

Why are so many people dieing..It makes me sad

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

Finally a mature post

The people blowing themselves up etc are brainwashed in to doing something that is forbidden...Killing innocent people

But on the otherhand so are the troops

I still dont see no "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq

Why are so many people dieing..It makes me sad

The War in Iraq was never about finding so called "wmd" (weapons of mass destrustion for those who dont understand acronyms) I believe it was both personal interest about oil and the fact that Bush did not like Osama Bin Laden/ Saddam Huissan (sp?). This war has turned Christians away from Islamic beliefs. Now, many Christians are convinced that "Allah is evil", "allah sucks", or "Allah is a terrorist" (thank you whoever made this point in an earlier post ;) )

What people dont realize is, that Allah is the same God as the God that Christians and Jewish people believe in, its amazing what the media can do these days.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Such as making people think we went to Iraq for oil (or Osama...what?). If we wanted oil, we'd overthrow Canada's dictator.

Seriously, you can just push a moose and it'll fall over.

Such as making people think we went to Iraq for oil (or Osama...what?). If we wanted oil, we'd overthrow Canada's dictator.

Seriously, you can just push a moose and it'll fall over.

Canada has a dictator? I thought Canada was just the 51st state. :shock:

Honestly, if we wanted oil we would have actually... I don't know, taken it.

signature.png

The next big religion is pastafarianism.

300_36585.jpg

That was so lame I actually chuckled.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

Everyone knows the next big religion is my new religion! I call it Ueriantism.

I've already got the 8 Commandments down!

Thou shalt not disobey the Elders

Thou shalt honor thy life and soul

Thou shalt not cheat nor steal

Thou shalt not do religious papers in ink

Thou shalt be awesome

Thou shalt honor thy parents

Thou shalt honor what one has, not what thou wants

Thou shalt not follow this commandment

The next big religion is pastafarianism.

300_36585.jpg

Yeah. I'd join just to smoke the "Holy weed of wisdom".

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots