Masters Achievement Diary

[1] Introduction

[2] Experience Rewards

[3] Item Rewards

[4] Task Lists

[5] FAQ & Criticism

[6] Support List

[1] Introduction

I have been a fan of the Achievement Diaries since they came out, but I have seen a fair amount of higher levels complaining they are too easy. The latest diaries (Falador and Relekka) take very little time to complete, and although the rewards are appropriately weighted to the time it takes to obtain them, I feel a more difficult Diary would give players something to aim for in the long run for unique items.

The tasks in the current Diaries are split into Beginner, Easy, Medium and Hard. This Diary would adapt that, instead having three volumes each divided into difficulty categories. Each volume is aimed towards a specific genre of RuneScape (namely combat, skills and minigames), and you strive to achieve these three titles:

*Master of Contest

*Ruler of Talent

*Sovereign of Amusement

Each of these volumes is split into medium, hard and expert tasks. The rewards are as follows:

[2] Experience Rewards

[hide=Master of Contest]Master of Contest

Medium completed = 15k experience lamp

Hard completed = 25k experience lamp

Expert completed = 50k experience lamp[/hide]

[hide=Ruler of Talent]Ruler of Talent

[hide=Sovereign of Amusement]Sovereign of Amusement

Of course, no Achievement Diary is complete without unique items for players to claim is it? Each volume contains an upgradeable reward for medium, hard and expert challenges. Once all three volumes have been completed, the Wise Old Man will recognise your achievement by giving you access to a unique item; which is only available to those that completed the entire task list.

[3] Item Rewards

[hide=Master of Contest Item]Master of Contest Item

Medium Completed:

Crippled Amulet 1

+7 to ALL Attack Bonuses

+7 to ALL Defence Bonuses

+1 Prayer Bonus

+5 Strength Bonus

Gives the wearer the ability to transport five items from their inventory to their bank, per day. (Noted items do not count as a single item, items cannot be transported above level 20 Wilderness and players cannot transport items with a GE mid-value of over 8k.)

Hard Completed:

Crippled Amulet 2

+11 to ALL Attack Bonuses

+11 to ALL Defence Bonuses

+3 Prayer Bonus

+7 Strength Bonus

Gives the wearer the ability to transport twenty items from their inventory to their bank per day.

(Noted items do not count as a single item, items cannot be transported above level 20 Wilderness and players cannot transport items with a GE mid-value of over 8k.)

Gives the wearer the ability to replenish the special bar thrice a day.

(This ability is disabled on PvP Worlds.)

Expert Completed:

Crippled Amulet 3

+15 to ALL Attack Bonuses

+15 to ALL Defence Bonuses

+7 Prayer Bonus

+10 Strength Bonus

Gives the wearer the ability to transport one hundred items from their inventory to their bank per day.

(Noted items do not count as a single item, items cannot be transported above level 20 Wilderness and players cannot transport items with a GE mid-value of over 8k.)

Gives the wearer the ability to replenish the special bar five times a day.

(This ability is disabled on PvP Worlds.)

Gives the wearer the ability to randomly receive a double exp boost when in melee combat. (Approximately doubles exp every 10th hit.)[/hide]

[hide=Ruler of Talent Item]Ruler of Talent Item

Medium Completed:

Tool of Diversity 1

+3 to ALL Defence Bonuses

+1 Prayer Bonus

+1 Strength Bonus

Acts as a complete set of wieldable skilling tools, including needles and hammers. (The hatchet and pickaxe features are equivalent to their rune counterparts.)

Hard Completed:

Tool of Diversity 2

+5 to ALL Defence Bonuses

+2 Prayer Bonus

+2 Strength Bonus

Acts as a complete set of skilling tools, including needles and hammers.

(The hatchet and pickaxe features are equivalent to their rune counterparts.)

Allows the user to receive dragonstones randomly from mining rocks.

Expert Completed:

Tool of Diversity 3

+10 to ALL Defence Bonuses

+3 Prayer Bonus

+3 Strength Bonus

Acts as a complete set of skilling tools, including needles and hammers.

(The hatchet and pickaxe features are equivalent to their rune counterparts.)

Allows the user to receive dragonstones randomly from mining rocks.

Gives the user 20 free teleports to any guild across Gielenor everyday.[/hide]

[hide=Sovereign of Amusement Item]Sovereign of Item

Medium Completed:

Boater of Gestation 1

No offensive/defensive stat bonuses

Increases your maximum hit by 15% when worn within a minigame that allows you to use combat.

Hard Completed:

Boater of Gestation 2

Increases your maximum hit by 15% when worn within a minigame that allows you to use combat.

Gives the user 10 free teleports to any minigame everyday.

Expert Completed:

Boater of Gestation 3

Gives the user 20 free teleports to any minigame everyday.

Randomly gives double ticket/token rewards for every minigame. (Approximately every 5th game)[/hide]

[hide=Orifice of Guthix]This item is only obtainable by showing the Wise Old Man all three of the above rewards at the third level. This item can be lost upon death, but not dropped. Replacing it will cost the user 100k and it can only be bought once a day. The item is wieldable in the weapons slot and has the following characteristic:

*Can autocast spells on normal magic

*Can fire arrows up to rune

*Can use melee with longsword speed

*It is a two handed weapon, and cannot be used in conjunction with an item in the shield slot

Stats:

Offensive:

Stab: +85

Slash: +0

Crush: +0

Ranged: +85

Magic: +30

Defensive

No defensive statistics

Strength: +100

Prayer: +10

Abilities:

The Orifice of Guthix would contain three of its own unique abilities:

*The Orifice gives the user a 10% increase in Range, Magic and Melee experience when used against NPCs for two hours once a day (the user has an option to turn the timer off/on)

*The Orifice gives the user unlimited teleports to the God Wars Dungeon

*The Orifice gives the user a 10% increase in non-combat exp, for two hours once a day (the user has an option to turn the timer off/on)[/hide]

Of course, getting to the illustrious rewards requires the players of RuneScape to undergo an immense amount of tasks. The Orifice of Guthix will not be handed over lightly, and a lot is required to meet the final requirements. You will need high skills, patience and a lot of nerve to succeed. Here are the tasks:

[4] Task List

[hide=Master of Contest Tasks]Medium: Talk to the Lumbridge Guide to claim your rewards

*Slay a Gargoyle

*Summon a Bunyip

*Save yourself from death with the use of a Ring of Life

*Teleport to Edgeville with the aid of an Amulet of Glory

*Fire a shot from a Dark Bow

*Unleash four dragon dagger special attacks on one NPC

*Poison the Giant Mole

Hard: Talk to Juna to claim your rewards

*Kill TzTok-Jad, or allowed Juna to bear witness to your firecape

*Kill the King Black Dragon, without the aid of another warrior or your own Summoned Beast.

*Use ten Dagannoth Bones on the Ectofuntus

*Slay a Nechryael

*Teleport to Karamja with the aid of the Karamja Gloves 3

*Receive a Slayer task from the Shilo Master, and complete it

*Hit an NPC for a damage of 40+

Expert: Talk to the Wise Old Man to claim your rewards

*Kill Commander Zilyana, KreeAra, General Graador and Kril Tsutsaroth without the aid of another warrior or your own Summoned beast. (This can be achieved in multiple trips, if necessary)

*Witness the death of the Corporeal Beast (This task requires you to damage the beast)

*Slay an Abyssal Demon

*Summon an Elemental Titan

*Kill the three Dagannoth Kings, without the aid of another warrior or your own Summoned Beast.

*Teleport somebody to Falador using the Teleother Falador spell

*Kill an NPC, aided with the Obsidian golems scroll boost[/hide]

[hide=Ruler of Talent Tasks]Medium: - Talk to the Lumbridge Guide to claim your rewards

*Pick a Papaya fruit from your own tree

*Steal from the Spice Stall in Ardougne.

*Complete the Yanille Dungeon, including the final pile of rubble

*Use a hot air balloon to travel from Entrana to Castle Wars

*Catch a leaping sturgeon

*Use the caviar from it's eggs to create a fishing mix (2)

*Catch a Black Salamander

Hard: - Talk to Juna to claim your rewards

*Capture an Imp using the Hunter skill

*Create six mind runes with one essence

*Enter an oubliette, in your own POH

*Fletch a Rune Dart

*Smith an adamantite sword

*Mine an adamantite ore

*Cut a Magic log from it's tree, and then burn the Magic log in front of Ignatius Vulcan

*Successfully jump over the [bleep]ed blade jump in the Member's Dungeon

*Check the health of a Magic tree

*Harpoon a shark

*Cook the shark without burning it

*Concoct a Saradomin Brew

*Craft a full set of Black Dragonhide armour[/hide]

[hide=Sovereign of Amusement Tasks]Medium: - Talk to the Lumbridge Guide to claim your rewards

*Win three games of Castle Wars

*Spy on a Penguin

*Complete a level 3 Treasure Trail

*Win three games of Pest Control in a row

*Get 100 Telekinetic Pizazz Points

*Complete a Hard Temple Trekking route, with the Forester as your companion

*Win a game of Fist of Guthix

Hard: - Talk to Juna to claim your rewards

*Light ten of the beacon network, or show Juna your Flame Gloves

*Kill 1000 Chompies, or show Juna your Ogre Expert hat

*Get over 100 tears in the Tears of Guthix chamber

*Perform the Air Guitar emote in front of Juna

*Transform a set of Sacred Clay armour outside of the minigame

*Give Osman five Summer Sqirk Juices

*Repair the Temple and protect the Holy Fire Altar

*Get over 1200 rating in any circus event

*Mine part of a level 8 Star

*Harvest a Class 5 material in the Stealing Creation minigame

*Crack the wall safe in the Rogues Den

*Capture a Pirate Impling

*Win a pair of Navy Slacks and a Navy Shirt and show them to the Wise Old Man

*Complete a Challenge Scroll (if you have already completed one, ask someone in the Champions Guild to write you a letter to the WOM confirming so)[/hide]

[5] FAQ & Criticism

Thank you for considering my idea. I appreciate all the feedback I can get on this, so please mention anything you think should be changed or ask to be added to the supporters list if you think it is a good idea.

FAQ not available.

Thanks to romy for her increased support of this idea, her criticisms have been invaluable in balancing the rewards and task list.

Thanks to ddaanniiellh for criticism on Crippled Amulet's item teleportation

Thanks to caldius for criticism on Crippled Amulet's Godsword exp boost

Thanks to vesuvius27, romy and RSfreak1234 for their criticism on unlimited teleportation

Thanks to Tiigon for criticism on all the task lists/i]

[6] Supporter's List

1. Sindarin00

2. ddaanniiellh

3. 1roddad1

4. Skully_Sc

5. vesuvius27

6. Mylez

7. romy

8. Jenove

9. MmmSyrup

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the most well thought out suggestions I have ever seen. There is no Gimee free stoofs plox!

Great High Level update!

Maybe take the 1000 chompies out... and have that around 250 - 500.... 1000 seems way too much, and would take ages....

I support 99%.... although i could not complete them all! LOL

sindarin00.png

[hide=Drops]Barrows: Ahrim's Robeskirt (2)

Dragon: Plateskirt (3) : Left Halfs (2) : Med Helm (1) : Boots (14) : Spear (3)

Treasure Trails: Sara Platebody (1)

Slayer: Leaf Bladed Sword (9) : Granite Helm (3) : Granite Maul (1) : Black Mask (3) : Abyssal Whip (2)

Other: Obby Cape (1) : Obby Maul (2)

Splits: Shield Left Half (1) : Dragon Med Helm (4)[/hide]

This is one of the most well thought out suggestions I have ever seen. There is no Gimee free stoofs plox!

Great High Level update!

Maybe take the 1000 chompies out... and have that around 250 - 500.... 1000 seems way too much, and would take ages....

Thanks for the reply! The Chompy task was something I ummed and ahhed about for a while, getting the balance right between not being too easy or not being too hard is a tricky thing really. 1000 kills does take a long time, but that is something that you are rewarded for afterwards so I think it is reasonable. If a lot of other people say it is too hard I will change it but at the minute I feel it isn't too demanding. ;)

I really do like this suggestion. I enjoy the achievement diaries, and I would feel an actual achievement to complete all of these tasks. The only 1 reward that I feel is rather overpowered is the Master of Contest amulet, the ability to teleport 100 is quite too much, lower it down to 50 or maybe even less.

I feel everything else is just right and fitting for the requirements.

Support!

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I really do like this suggestion. I enjoy the achievement diaries, and I would feel an actual achievement to complete all of these tasks. The only 1 reward that I feel is rather overpowered is the Master of Contest amulet, the ability to teleport 100 is quite too much, lower it down to 50 or maybe even less.

Support!

~Dan

Thanks for the feedback. Again, the amount of items that the Amulet would transport also made me consider it a lot. Overall, 100 items is less than four inventories worth of items (whether that be coal, yew logs or essence). It may be worth considering a restriction for items such as rune ore, having this Amulet in the Wilderness for example may be overpowered. Maybe saying that it cannot be used over level 20 Wilderness and is restricted to items that are less than 10k GE value? The only problem I could forsee with this is the usefulness the amulet would provide when training, to free up space in the inventory.

Support!

~Dan

Thanks for the feedback. Again, the amount of items that the Amulet would transport also made me consider it a lot. Overall, 100 items is less than four inventories worth of items (whether that be coal, yew logs or essence). It may be worth considering a restriction for items such as rune ore, having this Amulet in the Wilderness for example may be overpowered. Maybe saying that it cannot be used over level 20 Wilderness and is restricted to items that are less than 10k GE value? The only problem I could forsee with this is the usefulness the amulet would provide when training, to free up space in the inventory.

Well, perhaps a limit on the items so that they cannot be banked above level 20 wilderness or if they are above a certain value (That way people can't just bank their most valuable items when they are about to die in PVP situations). <--More or less what you said

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Support!

~Dan

Well, perhaps a limit on the items so that they cannot be banked above level 20 wilderness or if they are above a certain value (That way people can't just bank their most valuable items when they are about to die in PVP situations). <--More or less what you said

~Dan

I'll change it now, I can't believe I forgot about the impact of these items in PvP. :?

This idea is ok. I feel that although the tasks are hard, the reward items are still a little over powered.

Apart from that there are a few specific things I don't really like

I don't like that the crippled amulet 3's xp bonus is linked to god swords, what happens if godswords are replaced as the king of weapons? or what if you don't ever use one? I think its to specific.

The boater of gestation would have limited use since you are ussually wearing a hat for team designation whilst in minigames so perhaps a ring of some sort?

The orifaice of guthix is just horribly over power, no single weapons should allow your to replace all other weapons

Caldius.png

This idea is ok. I feel that although the tasks are hard, the reward items are still a little over powered.

Apart from that there are a few specific things I don't really like

I don't like that the crippled amulet 3's xp bonus is linked to god swords, what happens if godswords are replaced as the king of weapons? or what if you don't ever use one? I think its to specific.

The boater of gestation would have limited use since you are ussually wearing a hat for team designation whilst in minigames so perhaps a ring of some sort?

The orifaice of guthix is just horribly over power, no single weapons should allow your to replace all other weapons

Thanks for the feedback. The Crippled Amulets exp boost I think should remain, as the tasks are combat related, but I agree that they don't have to be lniked specifically to the Godswords. As for the Boater of Gestation, I thought that by making it a hat it would be fairer so it couldn't be used at CastleWars where there are already bracelets for hitting higher.

However, I disagree that the Orifice of Guthix is overpowered. For one thing, it is 2H. I don't think I mentioned that in the item specifications so I will add that in. Also, the speed is longsword speed and it can only attack with stab attacks (as well as rapid and normal magic). It's stats are in between that of the whip and Godswords, and the tasks are hard enough in my opinion to warrant that.

Well, I do not support for the simple reason that some of the rewards are extremly overpowered, though I might support if you add a to-do list, with all the things&requirements you have to have in order to get the items, if they fit the rewards, I might support too :P.

Well, I do not support for the simple reason that some of the rewards are extremly overpowered, though I might support if you add a to-do list, with all the things&requirements you have to have in order to get the items, if they fit the rewards, I might support too :P.

The task lists are already there. :?

If you think the items are over-powered, can you please say why? I did my best to ensure the orifice offered an alternative way to fight as opposed to being an end-all weapon. I have made changes to some of the other items as well but I feel that changing them too much takes away the reward you should get for doing this AD. One of the tasks is to complete a Challenge Scroll...

Very, very well thought out. I like the idea for a high levelled AD.

I tend to agree with those who say that the items are overpowered in respects to teleporting. Free teleports across Guilds is a tad much. I could go to the Mining Guild and tele to the Fishing Guild to dump ores and repeat. I think that the teleports should be limited in some way. Maybe limit it by number so it is more for incidentals as opposed to limitless convenience.

The task lists are already there. :?

If you think the items are over-powered, can you please say why? I did my best to ensure the orifice offered an alternative way to fight as opposed to being an end-all weapon. I have made changes to some of the other items as well but I feel that changing them too much takes away the reward you should get for doing this AD. One of the tasks is to complete a Challenge Scroll...

Oh, sorry, hadn't noticed :oops: .

Well, the goals are pretty impressive, definetly are a long-term goals, as for the challenge scroll, what if someone already beaten the last challenge? (does he simply not have to do this task?).

As for the rewards, the anti fire breath amulet is overpowered, and after a while (when some people complete the rewards), will make many items' prices go down.

All of the teleportions are also overpowered, and should have a limit (of say... the number of guildsXteleports each day (same for minigames)).

The every 5th game is simply not worth it, people would rather not spend so much time and effort for the reward (and in my opinion, there shouldn't be any double reward, at any rate, at all).

Every 20th attack is also not worth it, and should be changed.

If you change it accordingly, I promise to support, for what it's worth :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Edit: ruler of talent's tasks are underpowred, especialy compared to the other diaries' tasks.

P.S.

I would really like to compliment you about that last reward, the weapon is not overpowered, yet can replace many weapons when it comes to diffrent situations (such as slayer for it's Prayer bonus ;) ;) ).

I could have not thought of a better reward myself, =D> =D> =D> .

The amulet gives WAY too much stat boost and wunlimited teleport to every guide/minigame is too much make it like, 1 tele a day

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I really appreciate everyone saying what is good and bad about the idea. ::'

To answer a few:

Romy:

*If someone has already completed a Challenge scroll, I would say they wouldn't have to do this task but it is up for debate. Maybe they could get someone in the Champions Guild to write them a note confirming a completed scroll?

*The antifirebreath could also be changed, maybe it can reduce damage done similar to how the potion works? That way you could either use the potion and the amulet to negate all damage or an anti-shield and the amulet.

*I'll edit all the teleports, maybe 20 a day for each item?

*I think the randomly given double points/tokens should remain, but every 5th game seemed about right for most minigames. If you think about a 20 minute CastleWars game or SC game, you could be getting twice the reward every hour and a half. Maybe every 3rd game is better, I need more feedback on this.

*The every 20th attack could be changed as well, maybe every 10th attack?

*I personally thought the Ruler of Talent tasks were the hardest! 81 Herblore, over 80 Crafting, 80 Thieving? To me that is more difficult that the other task lists. ;)

Vesuvius27:

*I'll change the teleports definitely, in hindsight the unlimited useage does give an overpowered benefit.

RSfreak1234:

*The stat boost is only just above that of a fury, if you take into account the level of skills required to do the tasks then I think the players should be rewarded with useful items they can use on a day-to-day basis. The current AD's don't give items that outweigh other items in their category (i.e Varrock Plate isn't as good as a Rune Plate), but then again those Diaries don't have such difficult and demanding tasks.

*I'll change the teleportation rewards, as this is clearly something people think is overpowered. ;)

Thank you again to everybody, I am really pleased this has been received so well and I appreciate all the feedback I am being given. :)

*The antifirebreath could also be changed, maybe it can reduce damage done similar to how the potion works? That way you could either use the potion and the amulet to negate all damage or an anti-shield and the amulet.

I don't think the amulet should reduce any of the fire damage, the way I see it, it should have a whole different bonus.

15 seems more reasonable to me ;) .

*I think the randomly given double points/tokens should remain, but every 5th game seemed about right for most minigames. If you think about a 20 minute CastleWars game or SC game, you could be getting twice the reward every hour and a half. Maybe every 3rd game is better, I need more feedback on this.

Maybe it should depend on the mini game? I mean, Castle Wars may be alright, but temple trekking? even every 10th game is overpowered, so as for Brimhaven Agility arena, each mini game has different rewards, and thus cannot have the same effect.

No this bonus is not worth it unless it's every 1 or 2 attacks, but then again that would be overpowered, I think you should find a different bonus for that :ohnoes: :ohnoes: .

*I personally thought the Ruler of Talent tasks were the hardest! 81 Herblore, over 80 Crafting, 80 Thieving? To me that is more difficult that the other task lists. ;)

80 Thieving is a joke with Pyramid Plunder.

And both Crafting and Herblore are buyable, which makes it a reward for rich people :shame: :shame: .

I don't think the amulet should reduce any of the fire damage, the way I see it, it should have a whole different bonus.

Maybe it should depend on the mini game? I mean, Castle Wars may be alright, but temple trekking? even every 10th game is overpowered, so as for Brimhaven Agility arena, each mini game has different rewards, and thus cannot have the same effect.

No this bonus is not worth it unless it's every 1 or 2 attacks, but then again that would be overpowered, I think you should find a different bonus for that :ohnoes: :ohnoes: .

And both Crafting and Herblore are buyable, which makes it a reward for rich people :shame: :shame: .

Thanks again for the detailed reply.

*What would you suggest as an alternative bonus? I thought the anti-breath would be a good reward because it would enable you to either negate the cost of potions or add a few additional offensive stats by using a rune defender instead of an anti-dragon shield.

*15 seems like too little, a RoD currently costs just over 1k for 8 teleports. That means that every day you'd be saving just under 2k gp if you used every charge. That seems really minimal to me, I can't see any point in lowering any more.

*I can see your point about the double token/point rewards. I will probably change this, but I don't know what to have as an alternative. You make a valid point about it being overpowered for some games and underpowered for others though. ;)

*I really think this should stay. You say that it being every 1 or 2 hits is overpowered, so why not keep it at 10? I want the rewards to be actively useful, this is a Master AD afterall and it makes no sense to have bonuses that aren't that helpful.

*However you look at it, these skills take some time or money to raise. Raising Herblore takes money if you want it quickly, or it takes a long time if you want it cheap. RS revolves around the coin and the time you put into it.

[hide=]

*What would you suggest as an alternative bonus? I thought the anti-breath would be a good reward because it would enable you to either negate the cost of potions or add a few additional offensive stats by using a rune defender instead of an anti-dragon shield.

*15 seems like too little, a RoD currently costs just over 1k for 8 teleports. That means that every day you'd be saving just under 2k gp if you used every charge. That seems really minimal to me, I can't see any point in lowering any more.

*I can see your point about the double token/point rewards. I will probably change this, but I don't know what to have as an alternative. You make a valid point about it being overpowered for some games and underpowered for others though. ;)

*I really think this should stay. You say that it being every 1 or 2 hits is overpowered, so why not keep it at 10? I want the rewards to be actively useful, this is a Master AD afterall and it makes no sense to have bonuses that aren't that helpful.

*However you look at it, these skills take some time or money to raise. Raising Herblore takes money if you want it quickly, or it takes a long time if you want it cheap. RS revolves around the coin and the time you put into it.

[/hide]

Well, here's what I've got left to say :ohnoes: :

*I really can't seem to think about a different bonus for the amulet, but acting as an antifire shield/potion just does not fit.

*Well, I guess you're right about that, 20 teleports are good ::' .

*That's just it, every 10 hit is underpowered, and there are enough ways to get fast melee experience, another one won't do any good in my opinion...Can't seem to figure out anything alternative for that one too :S.

*And no, any reward that only the rich can have is just dumb (no offence), and I can already see all of the posts about it, the idea of an achievement diary is not ONLY the requirements, but also hard-to-do tasks, so I know you can't slay a monster on a skill-diary, but having only high requirements is rotten from it's base :shame: .

Great High Level update!

Thanks for the reply! The Chompy task was something I ummed and ahhed about for a while, getting the balance right between not being too easy or not being too hard is a tricky thing really. 1000 kills does take a long time, but that is something that you are rewarded for afterwards so I think it is reasonable. If a lot of other people say it is too hard I will change it but at the minute I feel it isn't too demanding. ;)

Sorry for reading these posts only now :oops: :oops: .

I think 1,000 chompies is good, and in my opinion should be 2,000-3,000 too, that's the whole point of a master Achievement diary :shame: .

[hide=]

[/hide]

*I really can't seem to think about a different bonus for the amulet, but acting as an antifire shield/potion just does not fit.

*That's just it, every 10 hit is underpowered, and there are enough ways to get fast melee experience, another one won't do any good in my opinion...Can't seem to figure out anything alternative for that one too :S.

*And no, any reward that only the rich can have is just dumb (no offence), and I can already see all of the posts about it, the idea of an achievement diary is not ONLY the requirements, but also hard-to-do tasks, so I know you can't slay a monster on a skill-diary, but having only high requirements is rotten from it's base :shame: .

I'll leave the Amulet as it is for now, but I'm open to any suggestions.

However, I'm really confused by your last comment. You said that having high requirements is "rotten", but the whole point of having a difficult to complete Diary is having tasks that either take a lot of time to do or require higher skills. You don't have to train any of those skills with expensive methods, but it would be pointless in putting in a 60 Herblore requirement instead of an 81 because everyone and their mum would be running around with supposedly high end rewards. I'm not saying only rich people can achieve the rewards, far from it, but I'm not going to reduce the task list to a ridiculous level just so people don't feel it it caters for lower levels with less cash. This is a high-end suggestion. ;)

[hide=]

[/hide]

However, I'm really confused by your last comment. You said that having high requirements is "rotten", but the whole point of having a difficult to complete Diary is having tasks that either take a lot of time to do or require higher skills. You don't have to train any of those skills with expensive methods, but it would be pointless in putting in a 60 Herblore requirement instead of an 81 because everyone and their mum would be running around with supposedly high end rewards. I'm not saying only rich people can achieve the rewards, far from it, but I'm not going to reduce the task list to a ridiculous level just so people don't feel it it caters for lower levels with less cash. This is a high-end suggestion. ;)

No, no, no, you got me all wrong, the requirements are FINE, just having only these requirements leaves too much room for people to complain, because both Crafting and Herblore can be leveled pretty fast if you have enough money, and Thieving is a real joke with Pyramid Plunder, even people with 50M experience don't impress me anymore :wall: :wall: .

So having these requirements and ONLY these requirements makes this a bad Diary.

Also, as I already stated before, Achievement Diaries should NOT be based purely on skills, but on actual tasks too.

I'm not 100% sure about what I'm going to say now, but I'll leave it for you to think about:

The thing about the Diaries as I said is not only skills, yet I think maybe the only thing this Diary needs is a trimmed skillcape? I mean, it's either that or you're going to have to do some serious thinking about none-combat related tasks, that are hard enough.

And about that amulet...Perhaps you could develop a whole different idea for it? here's some suggestions:

1.Make it a 1 skill related amulet, for example having the ability to light logs if you're wearing it (without the addition on a tinderbox/bow (Barbarian training)), or make it replace the Lunar NPC spell, and use it to talk to slayer masters, just be creative there.

2.instead of an amulet, it could be a sack, (replacing the cape slot), that holds up to X number of items (and thus creating a bigger inventory, but to make sure it's not too powerful, you can't use it for things like potions, food, and ofcours all of the runes and essence, etc).

3.Dunno, can't think of anything else :wall: :lol: :lol: :wall: .

[hide=]

[/hide]

No, no, no, you got me all wrong, the requirements are FINE, just having only these requirements leaves too much room for people to complain, because both Crafting and Herblore can be leveled pretty fast if you have enough money, and Thieving is a real joke with Pyramid Plunder, even people with 50M experience don't impress me anymore :wall: :wall: .

So having these requirements and ONLY these requirements makes this a bad Diary.

Also, as I already stated before, Achievement Diaries should NOT be based purely on skills, but on actual tasks too.

I'm not 100% sure about what I'm going to say now, but I'll leave it for you to think about:

The thing about the Diaries as I said is not only skills, yet I think maybe the only thing this Diary needs is a trimmed skillcape? I mean, it's either that or you're going to have to do some serious thinking about none-combat related tasks, that are hard enough.

And about that amulet...Perhaps you could develop a whole different idea for it? here's some suggestions:

1.Make it a 1 skill related amulet, for example having the ability to light logs if you're wearing it (without the addition on a tinderbox/bow (Barbarian training)), or make it replace the Lunar NPC spell, and use it to talk to slayer masters, just be creative there.

2.instead of an amulet, it could be a sack, (replacing the cape slot), that holds up to X number of items (and thus creating a bigger inventory, but to make sure it's not too powerful, you can't use it for things like potions, food, and ofcours all of the runes and essence, etc).

3.Dunno, can't think of anything else :wall: :lol: :lol: :wall: .

Like I said, I'll fix the amulet up to make it a better reward. So I take it you want more tasks for people to complete, and things that will challenge them not only by having high skills but also in other ways? I'll have a think about it, not really sure how you can make a volume about skills anymore challenging than high level requirements.