What did you get for Christmas?

Skully

New Hard Drive (1TB)

why 1TB? will you computer support it? what do you store on your computer? My brother has 500GB but he has about 200 movies and 20,000 songs.

Because they're so damn cheap, for one. $99 for the one I have. Of course my computer supports it. I needed extra space, and I think I can warrant an extra ~$20 for another 300-500GB of space.

Wow that's cheap :shock:

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three books:

A Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin

Crossroads of Twilight - Robert Jordan

A Briefer History of Time - Stephen Hawking

A very appreciated pair of Bose in-ear headphones. These things are amazing, ridiculously comfortable, and the change of quality was quite noticeable. Also, they don't look too shabby either. Probably been using them for half of the time that has passed since I got them :)

That is the things I care about most, aside from some clothes, which you could say were needed.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

W580i (well no-one could find it in the shops so they gave me the money for it)

sonic unleashed (wii version)

a 2gb memory stick

other stuff

its not alot compared to some of the stuff u guys got, but im happy ::'

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

In ten years, you'll look at that price and think what a peice of crap that was. Only 7200 RPM and one terabytebycicle (Sorry I couldn't resist)- In ten years if not less that will look like 1 GB and 2000 RPM looks like today.

Today's newspaper, tomorrow's toilet paper.

C2b6gs7.png

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

Pure

Lots of clothes

Subscription to computer arts magazine

autobiography of lewis hamilton

a photoshop tutorial & technique book <3:

I enjoyed this Christmas, even though I had a little argument on christmas day :/

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

In ten years, you'll look at that price and think what a peice of crap that was. Only 7200 RPM and one terabytebycicle (Sorry I couldn't resist)- In ten years if not less that will look like 1 GB and 2000 RPM looks like today.

Today's newspaper, tomorrow's toilet paper.

Nah, memory capacity is already peaking with technology. Processors will get more cores, RAM will get more efficient.. Storage will pretty much be the same 10 years from now. 1998-2008 can't be compared like 2008-2018.

Think of it, mp3 compression gets better, video compression gets better, game developers try to squeeze more content into smaller packages (even the biggest games currently take only 6gb to 14gb in installation space, the near-photorealistic game crysis takes merely 7gb).

1-2 terabytes will go as far today as it will 10 years down the road, unless there is a conspiracy to make all files huge & future operating systems will eat up massive amounts of HD space

(Vista takes about 10GB, next gen Windows 7 is estimated to take the same, that's 1% of a hard disk like the one owned by Nadril, but 100% of a typical 10gb hard-drive that was cutting-edge technology in 1998)

FLV compression needs to be better. Although I really shouldn't complain... I've managed to get almost a years work on one 500GB drive (60GB left with 2 months to go till 1 year) :lol: