And that concludes the buyables...

You can buy 50k Mage logs, and 50k bowstrings, therefore you bought the 99 for the skill. All you have to do now is fletch them.

You can buy 50k addy bars, therefore you have bought the 99 for that skill. All you do is smith them.

You can buy 100k nats, and 100k yew longs. You just bought 99 mage. All you do is alch them.

You can buy 16k sharks. You just bought 99 cooking. You just cook them.

YOU CAN BUY 2M ESS. YOU JUST BOUGHT 99 RUNECRAFT. ALL YOU DO NOW IS RUNECRAFT INTO YOUR RUNES.

Therefore runecrafting is a buyable stat.

ncmxv.png

rex made you pregnet? well with child support he have to give you more axes

Best Music Video Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXQ7nv_FzgA

Thanks everyone, and to those saying RC is a buyable: No its not. A buyable concludes, as far as I have EVER heard:

A training method that needs vast money ressources to work. Runecrafting needs maybe 5K pure essence (750K) and 10 glory amulets (500K), which means less than 1.5M cash to be trained efficiently, and from there on, its 100% self suffient - makes the money to buy the new items itself. If runecrafting is buyable because of that, then what about woodcutting? To train it most efficiently, you need a axe which costs 1.8M - thats more than runecrafting needs to be trained efficiently, and not even 1M more than 99 firemaking costs (which is a buyable, right?) in willows from lv 1.

Also, to me, a buyable goes fast - it isn't slow as hell.

[hide=]

Buyable Skills (As accepted by the most Runescape players) are skills that:

...usually can be trained fastest by buying the materials to train it.

...usually cause you to lose tons of cash in the process. (Meaning nothing that you profit from.)

...you can usually gain 1,000,000 - 3,000,0000 experience in one day by training.

...are usually easy to train and there is usually no threat of dying while doing it.

Using this criteria, the following are Buyable skills:

Cooking

Prayer

Fletching

Construction

Herblore

Smithing

Firemaking

Farming

Crafting

Ranged and Magic can also be considered buyable depending on if you use Chinchompas for Ranged and Ice Burst or Barrage for Magic.

Is there some forum or a survey that gets given out where you collect all this information? if not don't make stuff up, IMO RC is buyable, i think this because to get 99 con you could turn all your logs into planks yourself or just buy the planks, and with RC you could mine all your essence and run it yourself or you could buy the essence and use runner worlds.

But no one really cares about each others oppinions on her so it doesn't matter.

Grats on maxing construction. Nice cape \'

Maybe when you have more than 2 or 3 99s you'll understand more. Until then, I'm just going to say this, which I know you'll then flame me for, but whatever, I'm a risk taker:

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. It just so happens yours is wrong and impulsive. It is widely known and accepted by not only high, but low players as well, that Runecrafting is one of the, if not the, hardest skills to train to 99. NEVER when someone explains a "buyable" skill are there EVER the words "hard to train," in the sentence. That is, unless the words "it is NOT" are put before them. ;)

[/hide]

The number of 99's i have will have nothing to do with me understanding your arguement, firstly because i disagree with it and you say most high levels and low levels agree RC isn't buyable and i would like to know how you know this . . .

And secondly just because i do not have 99 in a skill doesn't mean i have gained 0 experience in that skill and doesn't mean that i've done some welfare way of training it i actually hate non buyables for the sole reason that there is no easier alternative therefore when i come to a buyable skill i train it the most efficient expenisve way i can which is "buying" it.

Please don't see this as a flame i'm just trying to get my point across as you are trying to get your's across

capesn.png

My capes in the order they were achieved

[hide=]
Buyable Skills (As accepted by the most Runescape players) are skills that:

...usually can be trained fastest by buying the materials to train it.

...usually cause you to lose tons of cash in the process. (Meaning nothing that you profit from.)

...you can usually gain 1,000,000 - 3,000,0000 experience in one day by training.

...are usually easy to train and there is usually no threat of dying while doing it.

Using this criteria, the following are Buyable skills:

Cooking

Prayer

Fletching

Construction

Herblore

Smithing

Firemaking

Farming

Crafting

Ranged and Magic can also be considered buyable depending on if you use Chinchompas for Ranged and Ice Burst or Barrage for Magic.

Is there some forum or a survey that gets given out where you collect all this information? if not don't make stuff up, IMO RC is buyable, i think this because to get 99 con you could turn all your logs into planks yourself or just buy the planks, and with RC you could mine all your essence and run it yourself or you could buy the essence and use runner worlds.

But no one really cares about each others oppinions on her so it doesn't matter.

Grats on maxing construction. Nice cape \'

Maybe when you have more than 2 or 3 99s you'll understand more. Until then, I'm just going to say this, which I know you'll then flame me for, but whatever, I'm a risk taker:

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. It just so happens yours is wrong and impulsive. It is widely known and accepted by not only high, but low players as well, that Runecrafting is one of the, if not the, hardest skills to train to 99. NEVER when someone explains a "buyable" skill are there EVER the words "hard to train," in the sentence. That is, unless the words "it is NOT" are put before them. ;)

[/hide]

The number of 99's i have will have nothing to do with me understanding your arguement, firstly because i disagree with it and you say most high levels and low levels agree RC isn't buyable and i would like to know how you know this . . .

And secondly just because i do not have 99 in a skill doesn't mean i have gained 0 experience in that skill and doesn't mean that i've done some welfare way of training it i actually hate non buyables for the sole reason that there is no easier alternative therefore when i come to a buyable skill i train it the most efficient expenisve way i can which is "buying" it.

Please don't see this as a flame i'm just trying to get my point across as you are trying to get your's across

Well, I may not have a census of all the entirety of the RS population, but I've been around this game without quitting for 4 years. I happen to have met a LOT of players along the way and have seen the game develope, new skills come, and old skills improved. Also, I have been around Tip.It just as long, and I read these forums almost every single day. I read people's reactions to skills and what they consider easy or "buyable," and what they consider hard.

You may not agree with me, but I know a lot of the Tip.It forums would telll you that the skill is not buyable. It's just too damn hard to train. If a skill is hard to train, and you can only make, say, 30-40k an hour doing it, it is NOT a buyable skill. Period, end of story.

Edit - Oh, and one thing I would like to add to finish up this conversation. Talismans are not much faster than The ZMI for experience. Even if you managed to buy thousands upon thousands of Blood Talismans off the ge and made nothing but blood tiaras at the blood altar, it still would not yeild you more than perhaps 100-200 experience more than a trip to the ZMI would. I happened to test this with nature Talismans. I bought 100 of them along with 100 Regular Tiaras, brought my war tortoise with me and made 23 of them per trip. Not only did it take the usual time to get to the altar via the abyss but I also had to make each tiara individually. There is no "make-x" option. It is incredibly slow. Maybe tiara making (body tiaras) is the best exp for FREE-TO-PLAY, but for members, the ZMI is still number 1, and you still make a slight profit doing it, as opposed to losing millions (probably hundreds of millions or even billions) on training Runecrafting via tiaras for maybe only 1,000 more RC exp per hour.

In a final example to get you to understand what I'm talking about:

Put your home in Yanille. Bring cash, the best axe you have, a saw and a hammer. Cut the oak tree right outside your house. Get a full load of logs. Go into your house and get your butler to make your logs into planks. Use those for training. This is a cheap method to training Construction but it is slow as hell. Luckily, with the Sacred hammer we now have cut the cost of Construction exp in half as you get twice the exp per plank, but alas, this is one of the cheaper ways to train Construction while still maintaining decent exp per hour. (Maybe 20-30k exp per hour as I see it)

However, if you have tons of money (We'll say, without the Sacred Hammer, about 140M with using Mahogany Planks) you can buy all the planks for 99, simply teleport to your house, and make 5.5k exp per trip (using a war tortoise. It'd be even more with a pack yak) in a matter of only a minute to two minutes. This method you can gain over 300k experience an hour with. That's over 10 times faster than cutting your own oaks into planks. This method is also about 5 times more expensive or more.

So there. That is what "buying a skill" is. It's not buying the essence to 99 Runecrafting and crafting them. No. That is not what buyable means. Buyable means buying the best materials needed to train the skill faster than the conventional ways. Yes, you can make, as I said, perhaps 1k more experience an hour doing blood tiaras over the ZMI, but the amount of cash you spend and the simple fact that it's hard to get blood talismans means that the ZMI is still the fastest way to train runecrafting. That being said, the fastest way to train runecrafting is still only 30-40k exp an hour at MAX.

These are approximations of how much experience you can make an hour using a "buyable method" at a semi-fast pace (without SC tools):

Fletching - 250k+ exp an hour doing magic bows.

Cooking - 300k+ exp an hour doing sharks.

Prayer - 350k+ exp an hour doing Dragon Bones on a Gilded Altar.

Crafting - 350k+ exp an hour doing blue d'hide bodies.

Firemaking - 350k+ an hour doing yews.

Herblore - 200k+ exp an hour doing saradomin brews.

Construction - 300k+ exp an hour doing Mahogany Tables.

Smithing - 100k+ exp an hour doing Adamant Platebodies.

Magic - 150k+ an hour ice bursting/barraging rock lobsters.

Ranged - 300k+ an hour Chinning Skeletal Monkeys.

Some people consider Farming a buyable skill. This I think is the only skill REALLY up for grabs. While you can buy Magic, Palm, Calquat, Torstol, Watermelon and Poison Ivy seeds to train the skill a lot faster than "normally," it is still only abut 350k experience per DAY with these methods. I say it's buyable because little to no work is really involved AND you can train other skills while you wait for plants to grow, but if someone argued it isn't buyable I would respect that and not trump the thought, since it's actually legitimate as the exp is still slow.

Sorry to make this so long winded, but I felt the need to get the point across. It may not sway you, which is fine, but I will say that you could probably ask anyone with 2,376 total which skills they considered buyable and their list would be very similar, if not identical to the one I listed above.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

You are a noob at barbarian minigame =P :thumbup:

haha nah jking but im still better :D

grats on completing these goal

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

Proud owner of these capes + quest cape

99 cooking achieved 26/06/06

99 fletch achieved 22/07/08

99 firemaking achieved 22/07/08

99 magic achieved 25/12/08

99 crafting achieved 25/12/08

99 attack achieved 25/12/08

99 strenght achieved 01/03/09

99 hitpoints achieved 23/10/09

99 ranged achieved 23/11/09

Congrats 8/10 since you're missing the other two buyables - runecrafting and agility (yes, buying agility tickets or super energy pots). :^o

nice job :lol:

Funihead.png

I eat fruits and nuts. 2376/2475 total

Congrats 8/10 since you're missing the other two buyables - runecrafting and agility (yes, buying agility tickets or super energy pots). :^o

nice job :lol:

Don't forget the other "buyables":

Woodcutting: He needs to buy the dragon axe. (-1)

Fishing: He needs to buy the harpoon, fly fishing rod + feathers, or whatever else he uses to train. (-1)

Mining: He needs to buy the pickaxe. (-1)

Thieving: He needs to buy the food, Pharaoh's Scepters, and whatever else he needs. (-1)

Hunter: He needs to buy the traps. (-1)

Bringing it to a final total of: 3/10

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

lol so many arguements

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

RC is buyable.

Sure, you do need to craft the runes or fuse tallys.

But...

Cooking-You have to cook the food yourself.

Prayer-You have to alter the bones yourself

Fletching-You have to cut and string the bows yourself.

Construction-You have to mage flatpacks for yourself.

Herblore-You have to use the herbs on vials, and U.pots with seconds.

Smithing-You gotta smelt the stuff for yourself.

Firemaking-You gotta burn the logs yourself.

Farming-You gotta plant the seeds yourself.

Crafting-You gotta craft the leather yourself.

So why is RC-You gotta craft the runes yourself any different?

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

RC is buyable.

But...

Because no matter how fast you are, you can't make 100k+ an hour doing it, that's why.

Also, you don't lose cash runecrafting unless you use talismans, and as I have already proven, talismans are almost no faster than the ZMI.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

RC is buyable.

But...

Because no matter how fast you are, you can't make 100k+ an hour doing it, that's why.

Also, you don't lose cash runecrafting unless you use talismans, and as I have already proven, talismans are almost no faster than the ZMI.

Yes, so you would have to be completely idiotic to use talismans to train runecrafting. Calling runecrafting buyable because of talismans is like saying you consider woodcutting a buyable skill for you because you drop 1m cash every time you get a level.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif