Combat, Slayer and Quests

Junkie_Joe

Hi!

I'm currently a level 3 in RuneScape, and a few things have made me consider combat training:

- Slayer sounds like a fun skill

- So does summoning

- I like doing quests, and I've reached the point where I only have combat-related quests left

- Monster hunting

My only problem is the fact that this might just get too time consuming. Does anyone know how long it would

take from level 3 to say 85 combat?

And does anybody know the xp/h rate for the combat skills? (Attack, Strength, Defence and Hitpoints)

Thanks,

Joe.

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

Personally I would not do it. I would leave the skiller as is and start a melee character. It is awesome that you have the stats that you do on a skiller and combat would diminish the appeal of a level 3 with a construction cape.

I am thinking of starting a new character and leveling combat without any skills to see if that is an easier route for skilling later in the game. If you do start a new account or decide the level this one I would be game to level alongside you.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I'd much rather have one balanced account than two. The fact that a level 3 is 'better' doesn't bother me.

As I said, I fear that it will be hard to train, as I do not know how long it takes to get combat exp.

signature8xy4.gif

Do the combat. Skillers are just attention seekers.

Once you hit 70's in all combats you can be looking at 80-110k exp/hour with Zombie Monkies or Armored Zombies.

Combat opens up much more opportunities and slayer is actually fun. When I quit I hated slayer but then when I started playing again, it was the only skill that appealed to me and helped me get back into the game.

I don't know what Kietaro1 is talking about.. last time I checked anyone with a Con cape was impressive in my book. Level 3 or level 138 what difference does it make?

You could start out by just doing straight slayer (which would take you awhile to get 85 combat but the slayer exp is nice as well)

or

• [*:1i8lch62]Just start your training slow. Chickens until you have about 15-20 in all combats (This should take 2-4 hours MAX) then move up to cows.

[*:1i8lch62]Cows are good exp up to about 40 then it starts slowing down. So 40 all combats. Bury all the bones, should be about 20-30 prayer. Which will give you 48 combat. I don't think that's bad for about 10-13 hours total. If I were you I would even spend some money on some D bones and get 43 prayer (hell if you got enough go all the way to 70, shouldn't cost more than 6 or 7 mil)

[*:1i8lch62]Now that you are 40 all combats and 43 prayer (maybe 70) do some of the easier quests and get the free combat exp. Dragon slayer should get you 2 or 3 defence levels.

[*:1i8lch62]When you are done the quests you should start up your slayer. ::'

This would be the best route in my book. I have done this (minus the prayer) on about 3 or 4 pures that I never used (because I always come back to my main)

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Quality post there, thanks Ultimatballr ::'

I've been thinking about getting combat levels through slayer 'til level 30-40.

Then move on to the quests, and regular training. Once the combat level's

decent, I'd move back to slayer and collect charms.

Prayer shouldn't be a problem at all, dragon bones and a gilded altar should

do the trick :)

signature8xy4.gif

I understand the lack of motivation for starting a new account but at the same time a level 3 skiller is quite an accomplishment as well. Specifically with those stats. I am a skiller and though my combats are decent at best I have always leaned towards skill goals instead of combat. If I could exchange my combat with skill levels I would.

On the other hand Ultimateballr has a point as well. Balanced characters are much more fun in respect to the mulititude of activities you can do. Just in my opinion I would much rather keep the level 3 a skiller instead of leveling it. I guess though I should have answered your question instead of giving my opinion that was not asked for.

As it seems money is no problem, I would level prayer to at least 47 before starting combat. I would also buy a stock of regular attack and strength potions. At lower levels I think that they are more benifical than the supers per gold spent. Burying bones is up to you as you should already have the prayer level. While leveling, level your attack to the next weapon first, then defense to the next armor set, then strength to match the others. Use 5% prayers until you run out and pot as often as is smart.

Ultimate also gave you a good way of leveling though chickens have low hitpoints and I think that Varrock sewer is an excellent way to progress your levels. Fight the giant rats till you can use mith in both armor and weapon, then move to the zombies until halfway to adamant, then move up to the skeletons or thieves in the wilderness, once you get the use of adamant, move up to the Hill Giants making sure to get the muddy key.

I think once you get 40 in each combat stat quests would be a great idea. A quest, though I cannot remember which does not require a slayer level to complete and gives you 5k experience giving you quite a boost to that stat. There are several others that give 5k and a few that give small amounts, I would complete them as well. From there I would take tasks from the highest slayer master availiable until you can complete Smoking Kills (85 combat and 35 slayer). This unlocks the slayer point system and is very helpful. While slaying make sure to make use of the Black Mask or Slayer helm.

And from there it is really up to you. Good luck sir.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I think you should go for it, I only have one advice, start with slayer as soon as possible.

I'm not a big slayer fan but if I had the chance, i'd start really early with it because I made that mistake, starting too late and now i'm 116 combat with 65 slayer '-_-

Goodluck!

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8