Chins, ranged slay and MAGE

Deathmath

1) Olaf's Quest: Keep on slippingon the barrels, any advice (answered)

2) I haven't finished hte quest can i get assigned brine rats; (answered)

3) bronze or iron knives at yaks,(answered) should i use sc headgear, or robin hood hat

4)could i use grey chins to chinchompa and get better exp or would i be better off to sell them (while training hunt)

5) Got a robin hood hat from a clue: sell or keep (answered)

6) What is a good ranged slaying setup/what tasks are good to do with a xbow. and what tasks are worth cannoning

7) What are good non-grinding monsters to range/get charms from. I know of fire giants. @ What level are black demons decent.

8) I can't believe i forgot. I want either 65,66,or 70 mage, which one should i get AND how should i get them

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

1) Olaf's Quest: Keep on slippingon the barrels, any advice

2) I haven't finished hte quest can i get assigned brine rats; (I WANT them for their drops :P)

3) bronze or iron knives at yaks, should i use sc headgear, or robin hood hat

4)could i use grey chins to chinchompa and get better exp or would i be better off to sell them

5) Got a robin hood hat from a clue: sell or keep

1:keep trying, took me a lot of tries

2:i guess, but you could camp them also ::'

3: bronze,robin i guess

4:from 85 range onwards use the chins, sell them otherwise

5:sell it and invest the money in skills?

2) I haven't finished hte quest can i get assigned brine rats; (I WANT them for their drops :P)

4)could i use grey chins to chinchompa and get better exp or would i be better off to sell them

1) You fail a ton always. You don't lose any health, so it's just annoying. However, according to the guide you are less likely to fail a SECOND time, so just keep trying. I fell on every square the first time but never on that square after that.

2) sorry, no clue, I'd say that you have to finish the quest though

3) Bronze, the iron isn't worth the cost. I'd say to use the SC headgear if you've got a ton of points and don't mind banking lots and lots to get more hats.

4) can't advise you there

5) keep it, you may want one later.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

just keep trying, you should be getting better & better the more times you slip on it.

yup, you can get brine rats for slayer. think you can get them even without starting the quest. anw what so good about brine rats? i dont really get any good drops from them. =X

I got this from the Runescape Wikia site, hope it helps.

"You may fail, especially if you tread too quickly. If this happens, you will appear a bit north of Olaf and will have to go through again. However, each time you fail a step, the bigger the chance of making that step the next time. This can still become frustrating for those with low agility. Even some players with a high level agility have been known to take up to 100 attempts before crossing! It also helps to take it one step at a time, just click one space a head of yourself each time. Since the new update after the glitch, you'll learn from your fail, so the next crossing should be easier.

The secret to getting across is fairly simple: take off your weapon and shield. It also may help if you cross the bridge one step at a time - covering more than one square per move seems to increase your chances of slipping. Also note what Olaf said about the map being cursed; destroying the map seems to make the bridge easier AND TAKE OFF YOUR ARMOR. Although, these are just rumours, but whether or not this helps, more people have seemed to complete the quest when this has been done.

Though the bridge automatically turns run off after taking a step, if you turn it on each time before you take each step you will not fall off. You must be sure to turn it back on every time the game turns it off or this will not work -this trick will only work for the more stable parts of the bridge;the wooden parts, when you are on a barrel you can still fall even with the run option."

1. Keep trying. Takes a while.

2. Assignment is after quests usually and you won't get them that often. Nice drops but not worth camping there.

3. I'd use addy or mith. Not sure on range stats but Archer Helm is what I have when I do range. Get the acumulator from that quest too.

4. I heard greys are pointless and to stick to reds. I'd do that.

5. Sell

I got from 70-82 range purely on cannoning slayer tasks. The loss is minimal as you will profit from other tasks. For example today I cashed in my slayer points for runes and got 6k deaths. 1.8mil. That's a lot of cannonballs. I dislike range though.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

1) Keep on trying, each time you fail your chance of succeed increases.

2)I have no idea, as i never got these as an assignment, but i guess you should need to finish quest.

3)Either will be fine, although bronze are cheaper and only a bit weaker, sc helm is better by far, just get all the 10 and keep them in the inventory to stay there for quite a while.

4)Never though chins as a training method, i think they're a waste! If you want fast exp though, go to the regular red chins spot and stay there for as long as the chins last. I suggest you sell them though.

5)Sell, just not worth it anymore. Save fro a armadyl helm if you wish, however a archers helm/god coif will suffice.

Hope i helped

I dont see why people think its virtually impossible to train slayer with range.

-.-

It isn't impossible, just slower.

Thats just stupid.

People tell people to train slayer when they want x melee level, when it comes to range its automatically go grind at yaks

Gratz. Hypocritical.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I dont see why people think its virtually impossible to train slayer with range.

-.-

It isn't impossible, just slower.

Thats just stupid.

People tell people to train slayer when they want x melee level, when it comes to range its automatically go grind at yaks

Gratz. Hypocritical.

Not all slayer monsters have safespots so the range gear leaves you open to high attacks.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I got 99 range off slayer by tanking in void with unicorn and sgs.

It was nice exp most tasks( 60k ranged an hour) with broad bolts and 5% range pray. With safe spots its ALOT slower and not really worth it imo. without void Its far slower. I bested 50k exp on dusties with dhide and they have low defense. im sure its not always that bad but yeah, range slaying is more worth it at very high melee and summon when tanking is an easy option.

I didnt range nechs or dark beasts or waterfiends

Cannon is your friend on slayer tasks

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning