What is your DREAM car?

Tomato

So pretty...

There's a '67 Stang for sale for three grand not too far away from my house. I mean, I hate Mustangs, but it's a '67 for Christ's sake ... And it's actually in good condition, except, no paint at all. With the tiny bit of body work it looks like it needs, the whole thing might be six grand. Which really isn't bad.

But ... It's a 'Stang, dammit. I have principles.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon guys, get to posting! I like this thread.

I actually might be buying my first car tomorrow, if my dad can wheedle the guy down to eight hundred. It's a '90 Wrangler, not in terrible condition - but the transmission needs rebuilt. It's a standard, got a soft-top in good condition, and has the spare tire. My dad says they need almost constant maintenance, and I reckon that'd be good - I know very little about cars to be honest, and I don't wanna be the guy that has to go to a mechanic for every damned little thing. Supposedly had the engine rebuilt at 170,000 miles (I think 190k now), so that isn't too bad.

Seems to be a pretty good car. Trying not to get my hopes up, since the guy's saying he's got offers in the thousands, but he said he won't take payments. Hopefully these people want to do payments, since we have cash on-hand right now.

Sweet. My first car was a Jeep Cherokee, i always wanted a jeep....was lucky enough to get a like new one for my first car. Still running strong.

What does everyone think about the new 2010 Camaro? It should definitely be affordable for what you get, probably a little above the Challenger if not on par with it and above the Mustang GT models performance wise. I'm not sure I like the look though. Looks way to much like a comic book spaceship. Its got a mean look to it, but it almost looks to....caddilacish or luxury for me. Doesn't have a rough tough look to it like i see with the challenger. It seems more like a car someone who would buy a lambo or ferrari would get, not one of the good ol boy muscle car types ya know? I guess its just gotta grow on me. I tend to like it in black more then other colors, but its still no Challenger IMO. Its slowly starting to grow on me. I'll need to see it in person/test drive to see though.

[hide=2010 Camaro]camaro.jpg

25654d1207846701-2010-camaro-nurburgring-camaro.jpg

0903gmhtp_04_z+how_to_custom_order_a_2010_chevy_camaro+black_2010_chevy_camaro_with_vzp_21_inch_wheels.jpg

2010-Chevy-Camaro-Swede.jpg

camaroblack_edit.jpg[/hide]

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

That Camaro has an [wagon] the size of my house. :|

My dream car, as I've said earlier in this topic, is the Aston Martin DB9. Best looking car ever made, under-stated, suave, stylish, effortless. It's gentle and sophisticated, but has a beast under the bonnet to really make it threatening.

[hide=]astonmartin01.jpg[/hide]

My ideal car is an Afla Romeo 159. Another equisitly good looking car. Alfa Romeo know how to make a car with style and feeling.

[hide=]picture-alfa-romeo-159.jpg[/hide]

The Alfa 8C Competizione is also incredibly pretty.

I'd also love a BMW 3-5-7 series, a Jaguar XK or a Mercedes E-class.

spacescenev24.jpg

Not my dream cars, but i wouldn't complain about owning them. A few new ones unveiled just recently. They seem to be right up everyone else's spaceship alley. ;)

[hide=Matte Black Mansory Bentley Continental GT]IMG_5082.JPG

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=29908[/hide]

[hide=Aston Martin One-77]main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=28615

aston-martin-one-77.jpg

IMG_4876.JPG

Aston_Martin_ONE-77_LR3.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Infiniti Essence Concept]2009_infiniti_essence_concept_small-0303.jpg

infiniti_essence_concept_01.jpg

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=28235

IMG_4834.JPG

IMG_5282.JPG[/hide]

[hide=Giugiaro Vamir]IMG_4703.JPG

IMG_4711.JPG

IMG_4707.JPG[/hide]

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Meh, me and my dad have pretty much decided to sweeten up our '97 Dodge Ram 2500. Try and fix the rust and one or two dents, clean her up a little, and maybe a nice stereo system on it for my 16th birthday. I'll try to find a picture to capture the gist of it...

7-C474B.jpg

Pretty much that. I like it, but V10 might be a little strong for a starting vehicle. Plus I'd really rather a standard, but hopefully I'll still be able to learn how to drive one.

I should try and find that other car thread - the actual ones you have. Bah, can't be bothered.

Pretty much that. I like it, but V10 might be a little strong for a starting vehicle.

Please turn in your man card. ;)

I feel i should lose my man card if i buy a V6. So V10 is great. You definitely can't be a hippie or tree huger and drive a Dodge, i love dodges. :) Literally as you can see i am obsessed with the Challenger.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Just seems kinda a waste of strength that I'll be driving, what, a quarter mile to school every day, instead of hauling around an elephant. :lol:

Still pretty cool, though. And it does make me feel like a man all over again. All VROOM VROOM and BEEP BEEP.

Seriously though, I've been reading the manual for the past hour. Hehe, pretty ridiculous;

• 3 weeks later...

Dream cars I'll never own...

[hide=Panoz Esperante GTLM]esp_gtlm_lg03.jpg[/hide][hide=McLaren SLR]mansory-mclaren-slr-renovatio1.jpg[/hide][hide=Panoz Esperante GTR]1_Panoz_Esperante_GTR-1_Road-03.jpg[/hide][hide=Cadillac Sixteen]cadillacsixteen03_01_1024.jpg[/hide]Dream bike I'll never own...

[hide=Dodge Tomahawk]Dodge-Tomahawk-Spotlight.jpg

Dodge%20Tomahawk%201024x768_42.jpg[/hide]As for what kind of car I wish to own someday (realistically), I have no idea. I'll wait to make that decision once I have the money.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Tomb_Raider_90.JPG

Land Rover Defender with tomb raider upgrade and survival kit.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

[hide=Panoz Esperante GTR]1_Panoz_Esperante_GTR-1_Road-03.jpg[/hide]

I lol'd when I realized that was a toy car.

Was either that or a bunch of race car pictures. ;)

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

• 3 months later...

Bump. What happened to this thread. I want to see more cars!

Tell me this isn't a sick looking ride. Pretty mean looking.

[hide=Dodge Challenger R/T]3627614406_23868c14d2_b.jpg

3627612650_f5c8507db8_b.jpg

3626798579_f05319ce1a_b.jpg

web.jpg?ver=12455438630001

SRT but who cares, its sick.

web.jpg?ver=12455440510001[/hide]

[hide=Other]1973 and 2009 Challengers side by side

PICT6461.jpg

carlislechallengersfron.jpg

United States Air Force Dodge Challenger "Vapor"

GetImage.aspx?imgId=37498&fmtId=38

vapor_800x600_02.jpg[/hide]

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Being a car guy, and working around cars everyday, makes it hard to narrow it down. But here's the list. The first two are pretty much it, the others is basically something I would drive around in just because I could, just to tick people off :D .

The car to take the old lady out in:

The ORIGINAL 'Vette, '53 Corvette...God it's beautiful.

[hide=]93f83626abeff6bab4934a6e3339d6f8-orig[/hide][hide=]interior.jpg[/hide][hide=]1311_53corvette_f34.jpg[/hide]

The speeding ticket:

Bugatti Veyron 16.4

[hide=]veyron06_06.jpg[/hide][hide=]new-2008-bugatti-veyron-164-8547-3522399-1-400.jpg[/hide][hide=]Bugatti%20Veyron%20interior.preview.jpg[/hide]

1.3 Million price tag gets you: 16 Cylinders,4 Turbos, 1001 horsepower, 0-150 in 9.8 seconds with a max speed of 250 mph in 42.3 seconds, which it can hold for 12 minutes (since it will burn all the fuel in the tank in 12 minutes). All I can really say with this one is, damn. :shock:

Some Truckin'

[hide=]f650sdep2.jpg[/hide][hide=]f-650.jpg[/hide]

Finally a bike for the Twisties:

[hide=]Honda%20CBR1000RR%2006%20%205.jpg[/hide]

Jusaplaya.png

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."

-Gen. George S. Patton

If I could have any car..

I'd have the Koenigsegg CCX.

[hide=]Koenigsegg_CCX_parked.jpg[/hide]

Image and Correct spelling both taken off wikipedia. Shamelessly.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Being a car guy, and working around cars everyday, makes it hard to narrow it down. But here's the list. The first two are pretty much it, the others is basically something I would drive around in just because I could, just to tick people off :D .

The car to take the old lady out in:

The ORIGINAL 'Vette, '53 Corvette...God it's beautiful.

[hide=]93f83626abeff6bab4934a6e3339d6f8-orig[/hide][hide=]interior.jpg[/hide][hide=]1311_53corvette_f34.jpg[/hide]

My Uncle had a 57 Vette, nice car.

The speeding ticket:

Bugatti Veyron 16.4

[hide=]veyron06_06.jpg[/hide][hide=]new-2008-bugatti-veyron-164-8547-3522399-1-400.jpg[/hide][hide=]Bugatti%20Veyron%20interior.preview.jpg[/hide]

1.3 Million price tag gets you: 16 Cylinders,4 Turbos, 1001 horsepower, 0-150 in 9.8 seconds with a max speed of 250 mph in 42.3 seconds, which it can hold for 12 minutes (since it will burn all the fuel in the tank in 12 minutes). All I can really say with this one is, damn. :shock:

A speeding ticket? You plan on getting caught in that thing? ;)

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg