Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Rated Adult-Only

Mr_Putter

According to IGN, San Andreas is now banned from all sale and rentals in Australia.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/637/637793p1.html

YAY! I saw this coming and have 3 copies of the PAL PC version and 3 of each the X-box and PS2 PAL versions. Sell those in the trading post in about a month lol.

Btw, I saw a vid of this mod in action, and can't really see why people are jumping up and down about it :S It is just not that bad...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY god people overreact to the stupidest things.

MOD stands for Modification wich means its upto the user to unlock that section of the game by reverse engineering.

Type something like "lesbian orgy" or similar into google and see what happens! why dont we ban google.

Who is Hillary Clinton?

Im guessing she's the type who would exclaim

"Oh good hevens!!! (posh snobby voice)" at the wif of a bad smell.

Blames violent video games for everything.

supports Womens rights.

Considers all men sexists.

Well how acurate is my guess?

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I have an email ready to be sent to the OFLC which points them to an AO nudesims mod for The Sims 2 which they must've missed when giving it an M15+ rating.

I don't really want to send it since it'd more than likely get The Sims 2 banned from Australia aswell.

But then again it might make them realise how pathetic it is to ban GTA:SA over one short [wagon] hack which you can't even access without a serious amount of effort.

Who is Hillary Clinton?

Im guessing she's the type who would exclaim

"Oh good hevens!!! (posh snobby voice)" at the wif of a bad smell.

Blames violent video games for everything.

supports Womens rights.

Considers all men sexists.

Well how acurate is my guess?

She's the former president Bill Clinton's wife, and current senator for New York. Other than that, nice guess :wink: .

I personally think it's rather pathetic to be making mountains out of hilltops like this. The fact is, the programmers took it out of the game, it wasn't meant to be found. Even that is besides the point. There are tons of PG-13 movies out there that show explicit content (real content mind you), nudity, senseuality, and actual sexual intercourse. If the MPAA can rate Vanilla Sky PG-13, then the ESRB can sure as hell rate Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas M, Hot Coffee Mod or not.

The Sims being a prime example, Mods and reverse engineering are possible with any game, be it console or pc. As far as I know, EA Games aren't getting any major attention for the way their game can be manipulated to suit the need of pervs, it could happen to any game, given there's someone out there who can and wants to do so.

One solution I think should suit fine with The Man, is to just put additional warnings on games. If you play a game on Xbox Live, it'll tell you ESRB Notice: Game Experience May Change During Online Play. A simple "Game Experience May Change If Modified" should suit just fine.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Can anyone recall the simpsons episode were Homer becomes MrBurns Prank Monkey?

While Homers rolling on the floor of the Mens room a woman in Pink enters and see homer on the floor in a diper "Oh good hevens!" *faints*

Thats how I would imagine Hillary Clinton to be 8)

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

if they seriously think 1 year older in the ratings will make a difference they are idiots. I have bought all the resident evil games with 17+ ratings on all of them, and never needed a parent, I am 14 years old... some 15 year old that look a little bit older could go and buy it, ive never seen somebody at a game store ask for id :roll: thats all i have to say about stupid esrb

rangesig.gif

Hillary's hubby and his problems sexualized more kids than gfa, that is for sure.

And this whole reaction has just caused people who would have had to buy the game, and modify it, to now just look up the video on the internet.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind some legislation aimed at desexualiizing a lot of society. But this is more for posturing for upcoming elections than anything. The dems were beat by the values vote again, and they want to get a piece of the action. So now Hillary is pro-war (though critical of the presidents handling), pro family, pro God, anything that polls well.

Hot Coffee=========>comes from Holland :lol:

Should have known it would be a dirty dutchman ^_^

Now where's Daan? :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I've seen more graphic (and obviously more real) simulated sex scenes in movies that are rated 15, really don't see what all the fuss is about.

Parents are buying their kids a game that is solely based on killing, stealing, and basically being rewarded by breaking laws, and they complain when their kid downloads a mod that allows them to see pixelated sex?

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Hot Coffee=========>comes from Holland :lol:

Should have known it would be a dirty dutchman ^_^

Now where's Daan? :D

Hahahaa :lol: If you guys think about Holland you prolly think ..... Amsterdam :mrgreen:

Hahahaa :lol: If you guys think about Holland you prolly think ..... Amsterdam :mrgreen:

I know i do, it's the only part of Holland i've ever been to (twice).

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

lol Amsterdam is the only place ive ever been to in Holland too.

I'll probably be going there this year too but dunno yet.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Go with some friends and you have alot of fun. :D
I might be kipping at a mates house that lives there :D *hopefully*

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Dunno if this has been posted before but I heard it will be banned in Australia. Not 18+ age but actually banned. Thats just ridiculous.

Whats so terrible about pair of boobs again!?

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Dunno if this has been posted before but I heard it will be banned in Australia. Not 18+ age but actually banned. Thats just ridiculous.

Whats so terrible about pair of boobs again!?

Nothing my friend :wink: