4-Day School Weeks?

matrix2613

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you imagine if you had dinner around 5? What would you take to school??

What time do you eat dinner? Dinner for me is always past 7:00!

The only thing I would ever think of supporting is starting 30-60 minutes later, and ending 30-60 minutes later.

I don't know why but I think school should start and end earlier then when it usually does.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

The only thing I would ever think of supporting is starting 30-60 minutes later, and ending 30-60 minutes later.

I don't know why but I think school should start and end earlier then when it usually does.

Well obviously basically all schools start and end at different times.

Some already start fairly late, but end late, like Lenticular's. Some start too early for my liking (7:50 is actually fine for me, but I know people who start at 7:00-7:30...), and could really use a push back.

Of course, starting early means ending early, which is has benefits and consequences, and the same goes for starting late and ending late. Eh.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Haha, admit it OP. You're not at all concerned about kids getting better grades nor the financial costs decreasing if this was to be implemented, you just want another free day so you can play some more Xbox.

2009rb9.jpg

School isnt all that bad i dont see why many people hate it.

I hate school because my classmates are idiots barely hanging on because of easy extra credit like bringing in Kleenex or paper.

Try messing around works 100% of the time :twisted:

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I don't get why people can't see from others' points of view.....

We have a 50 minute lunch in my school; mainly for school clubs and the fact that if it was 30 minutes there would be some people that don't get lunch cause the line is so big. We have a huge delay in between classes; and my school is chock full of time wasting that just makes the day too long (By 8:15 you must be in the first class, or you're late, and school ends at 3:30, and I usually get home at 4:00; people with extracurricular activities stay till pretty late). Maybe I'd enjoy school if we got straight to the point and got to go home early.

Also; some people are just too damn lazy (partly me, but I still get things done :P ) so much that they hate school and the constant stress kills them.

I don't get why people can't see from others' points of view.....

We have a 50 minute lunch in my school; mainly for school clubs and the fact that if it was 30 minutes there would be some people that don't get lunch cause the line is so big. We have a huge delay in between classes; and my school is chock full of time wasting that just makes the day too long (By 8:15 you must be in the first class, or you're late, and school ends at 3:30, and I usually get home at 4:00; people with extracurricular activities stay till pretty late). Maybe I'd enjoy school if we got straight to the point and got to go home early.

Also; some people are just too damn lazy (partly me, but I still get things done :P ) so much that they hate school and the constant stress kills them.

:evil: I hate you an your school I would like it if i went there but I dont so I will hate it.

Btw what is the (about) time between classes?

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

I would just love 7 day school weeks. When the weekends come around I usually waste them, I'd rather just get done with school quicker.

I'm going to support this statement instead. Get school over with in the summer and never have to pay for heating bills. And none of my schools ever had AC, even in Texas.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I hate it because it's pointless and ridiculous right now. Whatever. I'll stick through four years of nothing so I get a piece of paper and a square hat. Whoopee.

Laura, how could you. A Texas summer is not something to be wasted. (Where did you live here, anyways? We're kinda a big state.)

Haha, admit it OP. You're not at all concerned about kids getting better grades nor the financial costs decreasing if this was to be implemented, you just want another free day so you can play some more Xbox.

Hey, good deal for me. The end of my weekend is usually devoted to said fun times. The first part is hanging out with friends.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I hate it because it's pointless and ridiculous right now. Whatever. I'll stick through four years of nothing so I get a piece of paper and a square hat. Whoopee.

Laura, how could you. A Texas summer is not something to be wasted. (Where did you live here, anyways? We're kinda a big state.)

Hey, good deal for me. The end of my weekend is usually devoted to said fun times. The first part is hanging out with friends.

Pointless and ridiculous = my life TO A "T" (or to an L if you want)

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

San Antonio. When I left, they were only just building a new high school with AC. Which is surprising considering the fact that they're getting funding from the state and the military.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

That's funny because I just heard about this today. I think it's a bad idea. Lots of kids have jobs after school and adding time onto the end of the school day will probably either get you fired or make your grades drop.

I live in Florida and we've seen so many budget cuts lately. Teachers are losing their jobs, we're losing out on supplies, they make us pay for everything, and the overall sanitation level is disgusting.

Agreed. I think I learn more important and useful stuff when actually living my life and not being forced to sit down and "learn" about crap that no one cares about. For God's sake I learned more in my one year of posting on TIF. School can be important but after you get past the basics, it's just about learning redundant and irrelevant crap.

[bleep] yes. I hate school (at least most of it)

All that seems to matter to them is test scores. I get pissed off because people think I (or others) are really smart because we get good grades. I know other kids that are much smarter then me but I get better grades so I'm supposedly "better." Ughh, sorry about the weird ranting it just pisses me off. :wall: :lol:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I am glad I am out of school, and Tafe starts in 4 weeks and 5 days, will be going to some thing next week or the week after and will find out if it will be 3 or 4 day weeks for me.... (if is 4 day week then I want Monday off, if a 3 ay week then I want Mon and Friday off.) Man I love being in Aus! <3:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

No, I don't think so.

On the extra day off kids will more than likely be left alone, or if child care is used, it's not a good solution. In Australia, for example, finding a childcare spot at the moment is like finding a needle in a haystack. A flood of the childcare market like this would simply be impossible. Let's not forget how pissed off parents would be if they had to pay for childcare because of such a decision, too. I know I would be.

Another thing I'd argue is that cramming extra material into 4 days rather then spreading it out over 5 makes for a worse education. Kids only have a certain attention span, and I vividly remember mine dwindling as the school day went on. By the end of it, I didn't want to learn any more, I just wanted to go home because I was getting tired. A nice big 3 day weekend sounds like the perfect time to forget all you learnt over the past 4 days, too.

No, I don't think so.

On the extra day off kids will more than likely be left alone, or if child care is used, it's not a good solution. In Australia, for example, finding a childcare spot at the moment is like finding a needle in a haystack. A flood of the childcare market like this would simply be impossible. Let's not forget how pissed off parents would be if they had to pay for childcare because of such a decision, too. I know I would be.

Another thing I'd argue is that cramming extra material into 4 days rather then spreading it out over 5 makes for a worse education. Kids only have a certain attention span, and I vividly remember mine dwindling as the school day went on. By the end of it, I didn't want to learn any more, I just wanted to go home because I was getting tired. A nice big 3 day weekend sounds like the perfect time to forget all you learnt over the past 4 days, too.

Your brain processes stuff when you sleep so if you have 2 days of school 1 day of break 2 days of school and 2 days of break it would work well.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

......Ok. Fine. I admit it. I hate waking up, my mom rolls me off the edge on my bed and empties a half cup of water on my face, and maybe I wake up. I've always been like that, I react different when I'm asleep then when I'm awake. I think this would be good to implement on some schools and save the money rather then layoff some hardworking, and some non-hardworking teachers. My dad got so little bussiness that he had to move to Texas, and he was probably capable to do it only because he had huge cash reserves, something most teachers won't have.

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

woot.

You are one with the matrix.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Petry Amwose if you ask me.

......Ok. Fine. I admit it. I hate waking up, my mom rolls me off the edge on my bed and empties a half cup of water on my face, and maybe I wake up. I've always been like that, I react different when I'm asleep then when I'm awake.

And you think this predicament would be better if you worked harder for two hours a day?

You've yet to learn of the Work-Life balance, my young padawan.

I think this would be good to implement on some schools and save the money rather then layoff some hardworking, and some non-hardworking teachers.

What? Who said anything about teachers being laid off?

My dad got so little bussiness that he had to move to Texas, and he was probably capable to do it only because he had huge cash reserves, something most teachers won't have.

...and?

I'm sorry to grill, but I'm not seeing any relevant points here. It's like the thread a few weeks ago about sleeping patterns. Fine, you can have your idea, and hey, it might be a good one, but it doesn't fit into reality. Most people work from 9-5, five days a week where possible. You're forcing parents to hire a childminder for a day because parents still need to work for a living - I'm not seeing how that's saving anyone money.

Ok, my state Florida has to cut several million dollars from its budget for the 2009-2010 school year. It might be resorting to some very drastic measures to make this money such as cutting most of the after school sport programs and firing many secondary teachers. There would be several thousand jobs lost if there is nothing done about it, which wouldn't help out much right now. It would ultimately cost more money for the parents, but the schools wouldn't have to pay for it. If things aren't done, the already bad Florida school system would only continue to detereorate. I'd rather keep the existing amount of teachers then to cram 40 kids in a space meant for 25, a direct result of fewer teachers. Two extra hours a day will only be hindersome for the first couple of months, after which many people will grow acustomed to the system.

Oh, and about the Work-Life cycle, I've considered this. I've been in the gifted program at school for almost 5 years now, and I am currently taking 5 honors classes and an AP class(only one allowed to freshmen at my school) leaving me with many possibilities for carreers, some less demanding then others. For many, waking up early is not a requirement.

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

matrix2613.png

woot.

You are one with the matrix.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Petry Amwose if you ask me.

At my Charter school we have school from 8-3. On Monday, tuesday, thursday and friday.

We also have saturday school from 8-12 but thats only because were juniors.

ANYWAY!

Wednesday its 8-1.

Our school has a punishment system(wont go into details) but basicly anyone that gets detention has it for 3 hours(1-4) on wednesday will everyone else goes home early.

I like it. :D

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.