Adamant is NOT better than Torso

The_dmt1234

well i've been reading in a lot of places that people believe the adamant chain body is better than torso, so i went and got them to see which one is statistically better. I also got an adamant plate and here's the results..

addph3.pngtorzk7.png

banjn1.png

So unless you're versing someone with a stab weapon (plate), or mage the adamant is better but only just by +3 stab, +4-+7 mage

]ac_s_dc.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks cool though (torso).

Scary how you have to work for hours to get a torso when you can just get a rune platebody. O_O

EDIT: I think the stats should be slightly upped like five points.

Arisaka, the Japanese rifle. O_o

Tell me, did any of you happen to kill a red spy on the way here? No? Then we still have a problem.

#1 Nobody cares about the def bonuses of low leveled armor

#2 Bandos platebody is way better and not that expensive.

#2 bull [cabbage]

yea for the average scaper, bandos chest is a distant dream. it is hella expensive. anything over 6m+ for a piece of armor, no matter the bonuses, is expensive and only worth it if u can afford many other things.

back on topic: i would rather work for a torso than buy a rune plate...torso gives str bonus which is great for str training (for obvious reasons)

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

The point of the argument in question was that the fighter torso's small +4 strength is not enough to justify the hours it takes to earn it, because the increase in training speed you get from the strength bonus requires giving up like 8 hours of training where you could have gotten x experience, but you only get y more experience per hour with the torso, so it would take z hours before you break even on the time lost...or something.

For reference, the original post being referred to:

Because the barrows plate surpasses it in any area that requires defence, and proslyte top surpasses it in any place that requires offense (+10% prayer). Even at the best training spot, Armored Zombies, proslyte is actually better due to the less frequent prayer charging required.

Even hypothetically assuming that we ignore the defence and prayer bonus shortcomings, torso provides roughly (120/4)*2)/100 = .6% faster XP. Assuming it takes 8 hours to learn BH, find a team, and actually get the torso (conservative; I've found that it usually takes over 10 in total time), your spending 8 hours to get .6% faster XP. Therefore, the 99.4% of full XP you would normally get from training for those 8 hours is the equivalent of 7.95 hours of training with a torso; because torso boosts XP by .6%, we can divide 7.95 by .006 for 1325 hours, the amount of training required to make torso worth getting over adamant chainbody (most monsters, including armored zombies, use a crush attack where chainbody is superior). 1325 hours = 132,500,000 XP training at Armored Zombies, along with 251,750,000 GP of profit.

So, if you plan on camping for more then 132.5 million XP, torso is worth getting over adamant chainbody. Of course, proslyte plate would blow it right out of the water, and to a lesser extent, bandos - the +1 prayer would by far make up for the cost over the millions of XP, and it can be resold, unlike the figher torso. The torso is entirely unsuitable for PVP, or indeed, any activity besides training, so those need not be considered.

Bottom line: Adamant Chainbody is superior to Fighter Torso unless you intend to train for over 132,500,000 XP (132.5 million) XP; if you include rune\bandos\proslyte in that order, they will all by FAR trump the torso.

Any other questions?

(Yet another campaign against stupidity and endless parroting of incorrect hearsay. I swear, I could keep a template of my top 10 posts, and copy and paste it into 90% of the threads I post on.)

Hey pi =)

You're right. The stats are low for a platebody that takes hours to earn. O_O

Bandos is kinda expensive though.

Arisaka, the Japanese rifle. O_o

Tell me, did any of you happen to kill a red spy on the way here? No? Then we still have a problem.

Some people actually enjoy playing Barbarian Assualt, I did while getting my first torso.. And with a good team you can get torso very fast. Fighter Torso is better stat wise, which is what this is about.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

ok, so if that IS correct it is better for training, but for duels,pvp boss hunting then torso is better?

and wouldn't you need less food and less time running back and forward from banks to refill than adamant

]ac_s_dc.png

this is just 1 recent one i found in help and advice

I bolded a part so you can see

Helmet- Helmet of Netiznoit

Necklace- Amulet of Fury

Chest-Fighter torso

Legs- Dragon Platelegs

Boots-Dragon Boots

Cape- Obsidian Cape

Weapon- Abyssal Whip

Shield- Rune Defender

Ring- Berserker Ring (if you just make a bit more moneyO

Hand- Recipe for Disaster Gloves (preferably barrow's gloves)

Oh please. If you insist on posting the same thing as above posters, I will too :|

Fury - OK, probably overkill for his budget

Fighter torso - Please. Adamant chainbody is better.

Legs - Dragon skirt is lighter and cheaper, verac's skirt is far better

Dragon boots - Good

Cape - Legends is cheaper with virtually the same stats

Shield - Good

Ring - Berserker? Not. Stick with wealth\life at your budget

Dark gloves.

]ac_s_dc.png

Am i the only one who is utterly confused?

One to one, Torso IS better than addy chain (wtf addy chain? lol)

People really are going too far in the whole 'efficiency' argument, who cares if item A is 0.9% more efficient than item B? Item B probably looks better and is probably 67.39% more fun to use?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Am i the only one who is utterly confused?

One to one, Torso IS better than addy chain (wtf addy chain? lol)

People really are going too far in the whole 'efficiency' argument, who cares if item A is 0.9% more efficient than item B? Item B probably looks better and is probably 67.39% more fun to use?

haha you're a funny one by 33.333333% than other people but yeah it's fun to hit 30 over 29

]ac_s_dc.png

Hmmm, so I shouldn't have been using this adamant chain this whole time? God, I'm soooo stupid!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The Adamant Chain is better than a Fighters Torso. The 6 hours(and it usually takes around 10) it takes to get the Torso would've gotten a LOT more exp than a measly +4 strength would've saved. 6 hours at a 100k expierience average would be 600k exp. You can't tell me that +4 strength would equal to 600k more exp than usual. Personally, I can't wait until Compfreak gets a hold of this thread.

[hide=]Please don't say I worship the guy and side with him all the time. Personally, I hate his attitude and if this were real life, I'd stay away from him. But the guy is one of the smartest I've ever seen, and he opened my eyes to the world of efficiency.[/hide]

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Another tip if anyone's interested:

Godswords are better than bronze daggers... I'll post some evidence later, but I'm quite sure on this one.

Nope. If you are being really efficient you should use the bronze daggers, cause like it takes time to get godsword. Bronze daggers are obviously better.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff