Dragon scimi Versus Dragon long

eias

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I have compared training with Dragon Scimitar to Dragon Longsword and I got more exp with the longsword...

You're correct, but only if you do Specials.

Your best bet is using a Scimitar for normal then once Special has been restored use the Longsword.

I bring a dragon long with me on every task. But just for the spec. The d scim and whip specs are useless on npcs.
Why not bring a DDS instead?

Anyone who uses a DDS in training is a complete idiot, fact. You should never use poisoned weapons for training as you don't get the xp for the poison damage.

[hide=]
i would rather hit more often and harder than faster...but thats just me...

Ok, but your going to do less damage and get less XP and drops. Most RS players would rather get faster XP\drops then hit more often and harder.

its a phycalogical thing though, if it seems that i am doing very little damage i start waning to train less and less, but if i see myslef doing 30's i will be like "wow cool this is fun! i shold do it more" ...see my point

Not really, a quick glance at the XP\hour will show that your getting significantly less XP, something that usually turns off most people.

i prefer dds to dlong specials.

With full void/fury/zerker/dboots/defender 78 att/85 str (combat potted).

I can rip through 90 defence easily.

dclaws are trash :roll: ...

Yes, dds is far superior to d long. D claws is far better then them and significantly better then AGS, though.

claws aren't that great, brunokiller can own people with his blitz/ags madness. I have seen plenty of specials to know that it is overrated. a cheap dds can easily do high damage. gmauls can do high damage.

[/hide]

I've done 16 hours with claws, or about 600 specs, and at least 8 times that with AGS. I've spent literally dozens of hours with blitz\ags spec combos. D claws are superior to AGS; they are more accurate, have a higher max (and thus a higher average hit), and hit twice as fast.

But did you test them before, or after they were nerfed? Because their accuracy is not what it used to be when they came out. There is a reason people are trying to sell them with party hats to get rid of them you know..

On topic:

Ignoring any weapons aside from the scim and long and negating specials, scim is going to be faster on a xp/hr, but PvP a long is going to be a better option. The dragon long special doesn't always do major damage, but when it does, it hurts. Ive seen them hit 40+ before, and they can prove to be useful in certain situations. Scim spec is ALMOST uselss in PvP, and PvP ko's are pretty much all about specials(Unless you have a godsword of course).

Of course whip and dds reign supreme, but the OP didnt include those, so they arnt really part of the discussion.

They have never been nerfed, and people have always been trying to sell them with p hats now that most junk\3rd age is used. I've tested about 50\50 before and after the 'nerf' doing hundreds of specs in various PVP areas. They haven't been nerfed.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Anyone who uses a DDS in training is a complete idiot, fact. You should never use poisoned weapons for training as you don't get the xp for the poison damage.

Slayer, DDS is far better as the poison damage gives you faster kills equalling faster slayer exp. \'

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The Scimmy Should Be Stronger Cause You Have To Do Monkey Maddness Which Is 100x Harder Than Lost City

I used more money for Lost City than I used for Monkey Madness. About 5k for 100 Fire Strikes to do Lost City. And I did Monkey Madness with a zero gp budget. (I spent about 1-2 hours getting all items, and traded items I found in my bank, like food, for prayer pots ;D) :thumbsup: Monkey Madness is actually not that hard (but not very easy either) if you have 43+ prayer. Of course Lost City is still much easier.

[hide=]
i would rather hit more often and harder than faster...but thats just me...

Ok, but your going to do less damage and get less XP and drops. Most RS players would rather get faster XP\drops then hit more often and harder.

its a phycalogical thing though, if it seems that i am doing very little damage i start waning to train less and less, but if i see myslef doing 30's i will be like "wow cool this is fun! i shold do it more" ...see my point

Not really, a quick glance at the XP\hour will show that your getting significantly less XP, something that usually turns off most people.

i prefer dds to dlong specials.

With full void/fury/zerker/dboots/defender 78 att/85 str (combat potted).

I can rip through 90 defence easily.

dclaws are trash :roll: ...

Yes, dds is far superior to d long. D claws is far better then them and significantly better then AGS, though.

claws aren't that great, brunokiller can own people with his blitz/ags madness. I have seen plenty of specials to know that it is overrated. a cheap dds can easily do high damage. gmauls can do high damage.

[/hide]

I've done 16 hours with claws, or about 600 specs, and at least 8 times that with AGS. I've spent literally dozens of hours with blitz\ags spec combos. D claws are superior to AGS; they are more accurate, have a higher max (and thus a higher average hit), and hit twice as fast.

But did you test them before, or after they were nerfed? Because their accuracy is not what it used to be when they came out. There is a reason people are trying to sell them with party hats to get rid of them you know..

Wouldn't Jagex have made an official comment if they had been nerfed?

When I was fighting some guy with attack cape in clan wars both his specs all hit 0 on 1 defence so I can't exactly say you're mistaken, but surely Jagex would've posted on the official forums explaining their decision? If they did can you post the quick find thingy.

Zerker_jane.png

Ive always used dragon scimitar because I love speed. :P

I did recently switch to Sara Sword and I enjoy slaying with that alot more then I ever did with a D Scim. 8-)

The Scimmy Should Be Stronger Cause You Have To Do Monkey Maddness Which Is 100x Harder Than Lost City

I used more money for Lost City than I used for Monkey Madness. About 5k for 100 Fire Strikes to do Lost City. And I did Monkey Madness with a zero gp budget. (I spent about 1-2 hours getting all items, and traded items I found in my bank, like food, for prayer pots ;D) :thumbsup: Monkey Madness is actually not that hard (but not very easy either) if you have 43+ prayer. Of course Lost City is still much easier.

Totally off topic, but you are mistaking. You didnt do it on a zero budget. You traded stuff in your bank for prayer pots, which means you did spend whatever that food was worth.

Also, you spent 1-2 hours collecting the stuff, while you could as well have made 200-1M gp in the mean time. (dont wanna start the whole efficiency debate, just pointing out

I have compared training with Dragon Scimitar to Dragon Longsword and I got more exp with the longsword...

Then you didn't test it very accuratly.

Bottom line:

Dragon scimitar has been tested thousands of times in hundreds of different places, and has been conclusively proven to deal more damage per minute then the d long. DD++ spec requires the same quest and is cheaper then the d long yet far outdoes it. End of argument.

Actually, I've compared about 10 time to date, D long won everytime. I was using the specs of both weapons in the testing.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Bottom line:

Dragon scimitar has been tested thousands of times in hundreds of different places, and has been conclusively proven to deal more damage per minute then the d long. DD++ spec requires the same quest and is cheaper then the d long yet far outdoes it. End of argument.

Actually, I've compared about 10 time to date, D long won everytime. I was using the specs of both weapons in the testing.

Do you train using specs constantly? No? Then you didn't test it very accurately. If you want to do that sort of test, watch dragon claws take all :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Bottom line:

Do you train using specs constantly? No? Then you didn't test it very accurately. If you want to do that sort of test, watch dragon claws take all :roll:

*facepaml* he didn't sya he trained with specs, he said he used the specs while training. two compleatly different things

Y_Z.png

Bottom line:

*facepaml* he didn't sya he trained with specs, he said he used the specs while training. two compleatly different things

:-w

DeviledEgg24.png