Crafting my own nats, what should I alch?

Psycho_Robot

I'm crafting nats and using them to alch all the way to 99 mage. I plan on crafting and alching 10k at a time, to keep myself from killing myself with boredom from either one. I already have all the ess I need, so the price of ess is not a factor. That said, my question is two part:

1.) Is there a calculator around that can sort a large amount of items based on their high alchemy price minus their GE prices? I am aware of the RuneScape Wiki calculator, but this only covers a very small amount of items.

2.) What items have limits on the amount you can buy in a 4 hour period? These limits will have a huge effect on what I am able to feasibly buy and alch. If weapons have, as I remember, a limit of 100 every 4 hours, it would take me 400 hours to buy all that I needed; that's over 2 weeks! I will therefore need to find an item that either has no limit or has one of the 25K limits that I believe applies to runes, arrows, etc. Everyone knows that these limits exist yet for some reason Jagex refuses to put this kind of information in the Knowledge Base :roll:

For question 2 i know you can buy large amounts of rune javelins, and they high alch for more then that of a nature, and since ur crafting the natures you make some more money.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

For question 1: I planned to make one in vb code (i know its noobish but thats all i know) but all I need to know is how to get the prices off the rs website -.- might as well ask in tech and cpus right now!

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Alch some babies.

Got any to sell?

Spam aside...

You might as well make your own stuff. Buy gold bars and craft amulets or bracelets, for example. I would think the limit on gold bars is at the very least 1k per 4 hours, and probably significantly higher than that.

The problem with that is, because of skillcape mania, if I bought gems/gold bars for making bracelets, I'm certain I would lose a huge amount of money, no matter WHAT I actually made.

For question 2 i know you can buy large amounts of rune javelins, and they high alch for more then that of a nature, and since ur crafting the natures you make some more money.

high alch of rune jav 394

ge price of rune jav 340?

pure ess price 140

nature rune price 230

I already have all the ess, so the price of ess isn't an issue... I should probably add that to the main post huh...

well i know i saw a link to a site on another topic like this it had all alch values and w/e telling you the loss of each item an what the best items are....but i don't know the actuall site, it wasn't to long ago so you could search through some of the pat magic related posts...it's wasn't to long ago mabye a couple days at the most

Jesus_Statuz.png

pure ess price 140

nature rune price 230

Isn't he still making a small profit from it? 54 gp an alch and he crafting all the nats.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

pure ess price 140

nature rune price 230

Isn't he still making a small profit from it? 54 gp an alch and he crafting all the nats.

but you also profit more by alching yew longbows...

why something to gain 50gp instead of 100

foukouei.png

Well if you can buy as many yew longs as you can javs off then the ge then do it that way. But if you cant then the ruen javs would be a better choice in being able to get the max amount in 1 day for a certain item.

GWD:

Well if you can buy as many yew longs as you can javs off then the ge then do it that way. But if you cant then the ruen javs would be a better choice in being able to get the max amount in 1 day for a certain item.

javs are junk

yew longbows are made everyday by the millions

you can find a person of rsof or w132 yanille easy

foukouei.png

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I was actually going to make a guide on this, but I don't know the limit on how many you can buy.

Simply put: Buy ruby rings from the salesmen in the lost city trading area.

You need a diamond to get in.

He sells UNLIMITED ruby rings for 1012 each.

They alch for 1215 each.

Total gain per ring - 203 gp.

I'm currently there right now getting rid of some natures. It's great profit if you've made them yourself, especially if you mined your own essence.

Buying 3 green dragonhides, crafting them into a body, then alching it yields a 900 gp loss if I buy tanned, and a 528 gp loss if I buy untanned.

Right now I'm strongly considering buying gold bars (which are 180 gp ea on the GE) then crafting them into gold bracelets (which alch for 330 gp ea), for a profit of 150 gp per nat, while earning some much appreciated crafting xp along the way