What is Jagex's greatest achievement?

Shuri

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the originality of runescape! <3:

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

In your opinion, what is Jagex's greatest achievement? My choice would be either be Farming because it is a fun, simple and doing it requires patience which gets rid of a lot of the immature players. The other would be HD. :thumbsup:

Edit: I meant inside Runescape :lol:

quests :thumbsup:

35hedkh.jpg

I say slayer and farming in my opinion, i knew i'd be hooked on farming when I found out we'd be able to grow our own herbs instead of collecting them from drops :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

Even though I rarely use it, I imagine HD would have been a massive undertaking and really gave the Warcrafters a slap in their stuck-up faces :lol:

Eradicating RWT for the most part is my personal fave though. I'd hate if Jagex had gone out of business :cry:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Not runescape, but rather in the space of 2-3 years, going from making almost 0 profit with like.. 12 staff, max, to making millions and millions of profit a year.

I remember a picture being posted here a few years ago of the Jagex staff on their day out paintballing. Then a few short years later, and there are more staff there than can even know each other, and backing investors. It's no longer a personal thing.

Absolutely astonishing.

This.

I think it was when they went premium version.

That was the decisive step from being a banner click website, to a real company with real employees not working in their moms basement anymore :thumbsup:

Truth is there would be no Runescape or Runescape 2 if it wasn't for the transition. The costs of running the servers and upkeep was too high and nobody clicked banners even though Andrew said we should, threatening to either shut down RS completely or making the game p2p. So he can thank all the lazy buggers of old for now being one of UK's top 100 richest bachelors \'

Also, this. And I rofl'd.

When every man is torn apart

With nightmares and with dreams

Will no one lay the laurel wreath

When silence drowns the screams?

sirstickykey.png

The GE. Hands-down that was the best update they have ever done. It made trading so much easier and is conveniently located. :)

I definetily agree :thumbsup:

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D