Quest 150

Le_Fay

BTS February was a bitter sweet moment for me in terms of my love for quests. Bitter: No 150. Sweet: Anticipation of a quest that is like no other (WGS was a bit of a disappointment for me). I personally will look foward to either the next part of WGS as the storyline is amazing (just the boss and the puzzles were too easy to be called GM). A continuation of the Plague City quest plot would also be amazing. Lathas attacking both Asgania and Misthlain at once? Would be a very interesting idea. (Perhaps this is also when mobilizing army comes into play? Mobilize an army against Lucien or Lathas?)

Speaking of Asgarnia, we still don't know who Asgarnia's King is... But I think the King of Asgarnia is most powerful; if we don't even know the penultimate letter of his middle name, nor do we know where he is, and considering that his castle/army/city is/are very interesting and well-made. Seriously, Lathas has 1 or 2 knights or ardougne next to him, and we know his city is easy to be sneaked into because of the elf that comes at the end of regicide, or something like that. Misthalin? pfft, only has about 5 (which are constantly being clobbered) level 20 guards in his castle courtyard. The duke of lumbridge just has a single lvl 2 man in his room (or is it the one beside him?).

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, speaking of things coming Waaaaaaaaaaay out of left field - how about a new f2p quest?

There has not been a f2p quest release (barring the limited holiday event "semi-quests" that we only got 2 weeks to do) in a [fudge] long time, and as many people are talking and whining about the second grand master quest, wouldn't we all love a mediocre f2p quest to be our 150th? :wall: :wall: :wall:

But seriously. Dragon Slayer 2 anyone? All we did in that quest was get pieces of a map, sail to Crandor, and kill a dragon. Plenty of room for improvement and expansion. Crandor is too isolated imo - there is only one way in and out, and there are only a few monsters. Maybe if they want to introduce a new skill which has a limited amount of usefulness and skills available in f2p, Crandor would be a good idea for this quest (which should definitely be a sequel to Dragon Slayer, and require all f2p quests complete as well as reasonably high levels in many skills, maybe 40s or 50s across the board in f2p non combat stats?.) Members could then use this skill in greater detail, but I think the new skill should be able to be obtained and have limited uses in f2p.

Or maybe they can go in a completely different direction, and finally implement a semi-boss monster into f2p. You know, something around level 140 like the GWD minions (an older Elvarg maybe :thumbsup: ) that many people could gang up on, and finally use all of the redundant lootshare worlds on f2p (seriously, how lame is that -.- .) It doesnt need to drop any new items for non members, just let it drop a random rune item from the full set every 25 kills or so, so you can 2-4 man it and make a semi-decent income boss hunting in f2p.

Or maybe it will just be another exclusively members quest. Sure it will be cool, but it'd be a bit more of the same-old same-old. It's not like members can't access f2p stuff.

This may sound like I have a bias towards f2p, but I have been a member, and intend on being a member again, and I think f2p needs a little bit of a shake-up. Basically, for combat in higher levels, there is only cockroach soldiers, and pking :wall:

Just a few of my ideas...

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Tz-ket-dill (?) has not seen a sequil as of ever, and in my opinion capes are currently the weakest form of armour- possibly unlocking a HARDER fight caves. Jad is outdated and a bit easy :o

also on the discusion of the reward possibly an RFD style quest that unlocks multiple items, once again i would like capes or even amulets to be updated here.. Just my opinion.

Touch Me

man_ov_milk.png

Okay, speaking of things coming Waaaaaaaaaaay out of left field - how about a new f2p quest?

There has not been a f2p quest release (barring the limited holiday event "semi-quests" that we only got 2 weeks to do) in a [fudge] long time, and as many people are talking and whining about the second grand master quest, wouldn't we all love a mediocre f2p quest to be our 150th? :wall: :wall: :wall:

But seriously. Dragon Slayer 2 anyone? All we did in that quest was get pieces of a map, sail to Crandor, and kill a dragon. Plenty of room for improvement and expansion. Crandor is too isolated imo - there is only one way in and out, and there are only a few monsters. Maybe if they want to introduce a new skill which has a limited amount of usefulness and skills available in f2p, Crandor would be a good idea for this quest (which should definitely be a sequel to Dragon Slayer, and require all f2p quests complete as well as reasonably high levels in many skills, maybe 40s or 50s across the board in f2p non combat stats?.) Members could then use this skill in greater detail, but I think the new skill should be able to be obtained and have limited uses in f2p.

Or maybe they can go in a completely different direction, and finally implement a semi-boss monster into f2p. You know, something around level 140 like the GWD minions (an older Elvarg maybe :thumbsup: ) that many people could gang up on, and finally use all of the redundant lootshare worlds on f2p (seriously, how lame is that -.- .) It doesnt need to drop any new items for non members, just let it drop a random rune item from the full set every 25 kills or so, so you can 2-4 man it and make a semi-decent income boss hunting in f2p.

Or maybe it will just be another exclusively members quest. Sure it will be cool, but it'd be a bit more of the same-old same-old. It's not like members can't access f2p stuff.

This may sound like I have a bias towards f2p, but I have been a member, and intend on being a member again, and I think f2p needs a little bit of a shake-up. Basically, for combat in higher levels, there is only cockroach soldiers, and pking :wall:

Just a few of my ideas...

As far as F2P are concerned, they have have a bountiful last year-or-so of updates compared to previous years, FOG, PVP (along with the drops that came with it), BH, gnome copters.. other ones i can't think of XD

Touch Me

man_ov_milk.png

Tz-ket-dill (?) has not seen a sequil as of ever, and in my opinion capes are currently the weakest form of armour- possibly unlocking a HARDER fight caves. Jad is outdated and a bit easy :o

Says mr. 99 ranged. :D

Ever tried to beat the caves with only high melee or magic?

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

Says mr. 99 ranged. :D

Ever tried to beat the caves with only high melee or magic?

*points he has 99 mage too, 99 defence, and 74 str.* Well, who melees jad anyway?

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

Ah, no he is not easy when you are lagging. :x

Reaching Jad was an easy job, but I got tired after i got killed 4 times. :evil:

A quest giving us a new cape would be cool. Maybe Metal Capes (From Bronze up to Rune, or mabye Dragon, or even Crystal).

They could be obtained like the defenders after doing the quest.

When you think, how could a cape made out of metal, just think about the obsidian cape, which is made out of stones.

Or maybe shoulderparts, instead of capes. :thumbsup:

bannerzi.gif

I think the capes would be cloth with bits of metal interwoven into them. Kind of a mesh, or maybe they could be made like chainmail, but only in the shape of a cape.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I think the capes would be cloth with bits of metal interwoven into them. Kind of a mesh, or maybe they could be made like chainmail, but only in the shape of a cape.

Any type of a cape would only protect you better if the attacker attacked from the back, therefore the defence of capes would never be high.

Maybe waist-items as a reward?

New slot for belts, which can hold up to 5 different runes (up to let's say 500 each storage, duplicated stacks allowed) which would be handy for Slayer, Treasure Trails and Quests (law runes without space loss? yes please!)

'Bronze' through 'Barrows' like the gloves from RFD, and giving the same stat bonuses, except the strenght/prayer bonus is swapped (instead of +12 strenght, +12 prayer for barrows or something like that)

What about that?

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

New slot for belts, which can hold up to 5 different runes (up to let's say 500 each storage, duplicated stacks allowed) which would be handy for Slayer, Treasure Trails and Quests (law runes without space loss? yes please!)

'Bronze' through 'Barrows' like the gloves from RFD, and giving the same stat bonuses, except the strenght/prayer bonus is swapped (instead of +12 strenght, +12 prayer for barrows or something like that)

What about that?

Somehow, I doubt that a new equipment slot will be released. While belts are technically legitimate pieces of equipment, I just can't see them being used.

Also, try to imagine how much a steel belt would weigh in real life. Also, a belt to hold up platelegs? :lol:

Game_Proffy.png

What about that?

This belt-talk has been around for a while and I really don't see why people really want them. Seriously: a wing slot would be way more awesome

priest_wiz.png

What about that?

This belt-talk has been around for a while and I really don't see why people really want them. Seriously: a wing slot would be way more awesome

Please no Wings, but shoulderparts (Bronze up to Barrows/Crystal) would be awesome. Thats just more realistic.
bannerzi.gif

What about that?

Please no Wings, but shoulderparts (Bronze up to Barrows/Crystal) would be awesome. Thats just more realistic.

What about boots?

Oh wait we already have those...

Seriously though, I do like the metal plate cape idea, but I don't think they should give prayer bonuses. Currently the best prayer cape in the game are the god cloaks from level 2 clue scrolls and I think that's the way it should stay. Instead of prayer I think a good magic bonus would be good. These could become excellent capes for mages. They could offer good melee defense bonuses without penalizing the magic attack bonus

What about that?

What about boots?

Seriously though, I do like the metal plate cape idea, but I don't think they should give prayer bonuses. Currently the best prayer cape in the game are the god cloaks from level 2 clue scrolls and I think that's the way it should stay. Instead of prayer I think a good magic bonus would be good. These could become excellent capes for mages. They could offer good melee defense bonuses without penalizing the magic attack bonus

1st: God cloaks do not have the best prayer bonus. Trimmed skillcapes even give a prayer bonus of +4, and god claks only +3.

And capes giving magic bonus, mh, I am thinking of the 3 God-Capes (not cloaks) which you get after level 60 magic. A +10 magic attack and other bonuses is good enough.

bannerzi.gif

What about that?

Wings! Just like in God of War 2. Attached to your arms and you can fly over small strokes of water/hills with them. And they'll have a cooldown timer.

priest_wiz.png

What about that?

What about boots?

1st: God cloaks do not have the best prayer bonus. Trimmed skillcapes even give a prayer bonus of +4, and god claks only +3.

And capes giving magic bonus, mh, I am thinking of the 3 God-Capes (not cloaks) which you get after level 60 magic. A +10 magic attack and other bonuses is good enough.

Really, its that low? I coulda sworn it was +6... oh well lol

Anyways, there' no harm for there being a cape that gives more than +10 bonus to magic. Think about the barrow gloves: they give +12 to everything. I think a cape that gave +12 to defenses (except magic since is metal) and +12 to magic attack wouldn't be bad at all

Regarding the Dragon Warhammer: aside from PVP and minigame weapons, the one-handed weapon with the best Crush bonus is the Dragon Battleaxe, followed by Obby and Dragon maces, with the Rune Warhammer in the fourth spot. We have a lack of high-end one-handed Crush weapons.

Valten_1.png

Regarding the Dragon Warhammer: aside from PVP and minigame weapons, the one-handed weapon with the best Crush bonus is the Dragon Battleaxe, followed by Obby and Dragon maces, with the Rune Warhammer in the fourth spot. We have a lack of high-end one-handed Crush weapons.

I assume you are putting Dharok's axe under "PVP" weapons. I agree, we could use a good PVM weapon with decent speed and a nice crush bonus.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

I assume you are putting Dharok's axe under "PVP" weapons. I agree, we could use a good PVM weapon with decent speed and a nice crush bonus.

One-handed weapons.

Valten_1.png

I support the idea of a D Warhammer. It would become one of my favorite weapons.

priest_wiz.png

What about that?

What about boots?

Really, its that low? I coulda sworn it was +6... oh well lol

Anyways, there' no harm for there being a cape that gives more than +10 bonus to magic. Think about the barrow gloves: they give +12 to everything. I think a cape that gave +12 to defenses (except magic since is metal) and +12 to magic attack wouldn't be bad at all

Ah no!!! This would make all the other expensive capes quite useless!

Let's say they have (+1) - (+6) def on everything going from bronze up to rune. A Dragon one having +8 everything (which requires the Legends quest to use, so the the Legends quest won't get useless, becasue the Legends cape has +7). Well, then there comes the obby cape. After the obby cape (with +9 each) there should come a crystal cape with +10 everything. THe Firecape should still be the cape with the best def bonus.

bannerzi.gif