Quest 150

Le_Fay

Maybe I'm jumping the gun since the BTS will be released in less than a week. But assuming we get a quest next month, we'll be at quest 150. Most everyone remembers quest 100, Recipe for Disaster. How the quest was, the rewards from it. Quest 50 was Legend's Quest, at the time, and to some extent still today, it was a very very hard quest. To this day it's still a very good quest however the rewards are now a pale shadow of what they once were.

Quest 150 should follow the same procedure. It should be epic for most of the players. There seems to be a general consensus that the sequel to WGS will be a long way out as it was just released. However, The Spirit of Summer was finished up after two quests (Meeting History and All Fired Up) and two quests have been released sine WGS, though to be fair it's a stretch to really call them quests... Myths of the White Lands and In Pyre Need.

Quest 150 is less than a month away, again, assuming we get a quest. Will the events of WGS be resolved? Or will we get something totally different? What are you opinions?

Edit: February first. BTS is expected tomorrow.

kosoffmisthillspx3.jpg

^ Blog

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i think 150 will be a big quest, 50th always been a big quest, and ive been thinking this myself, but i can tell you that its been 12 months since new skill maybe that might happen even though i dont want it to with new quest or maybe its the next mournings end, or some promising release, maybe mobilising armies will be introduced via a quest, theres alot they could do with 150th.. either way i think something will be planned for 150.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

yes i think 150 will be a big quest, 50th always been a big quest, and ive been thinking this myself, but i can tell you that its been 13 months since new skill maybe that might happen with new quest or maybe its the next mournings end since we havent had one of those in a while.. either way i think something will be planned for 150.

TBH I'd rather have another part to Mournings Ends than a new skill.

It also, for some strange reason, seems like it would be to early for a new skill, no matter how many months it's been. (that's just my strange feeling)

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

On the topic of the sequel to WGS, I think that at the end you will be somehow infused with the fist of guthix (stone of Jas) and temporarily become a demigod, and then you you dhave to fight Lucien. Both of you will be hitting triple digits on eachother :thumbsup: And while being a demigod, you'll glow and be on fire. Awesome. I'd love that.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

I've always lazily assumed that WGS was the 150th quest, guess I was wrong.

So here I am, anticipating a huge-r quest with awesome-r rewards and epic-er cutscenes. Yep, Jagex better not let me down.

I'm going to be depressed, aren't I?

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

We're due a new skill so c'mon jagex and bring it out with 150th quest as a kind of tutorial like summoning/herb etc.
We have enough skills for now.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

We're due a new skill so c'mon jagex and bring it out with 150th quest as a kind of tutorial like summoning/herb etc.

Amen to that.

I hope it to be Mourning's End part 3 or a sequel to Rocking Out or a sequel to Legacy of Seergaze.

It's a bit early to release a sequel to While Guthix Sleeps in my opinion.

priest_wiz.png

Who decides that we have enough? Untill your 99 everything? Some people need something new to do as doing same skills can get boring.

X_kaylin_X.png

I am 99% sure that the 150th quest is the WGS sequel. Here's why:

Finally, we'd like to let you in on a little secret we're currently working on our highest level, longest, most exciting quest ever. Not necessarily for launch in '08 (it's not something we want to rush, after all), its already had more development time than the entirety of "Recipe for Disaster"... but youll have to wait to find out more. We're adding secret hints and references all the time about this one, so if you need to know more, just look around! Leave no stone unturned....

From "Future PvP Updates", 15th August 2008.

I would assume that this was NOT referring to WGS, but rather the 150th quest. WGS was released only two months later.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I am 99% sure that the 150th quest is the WGS sequel. Here's why:

Finally, we'd like to let you in on a little secret we're currently working on our highest level, longest, most exciting quest ever. Not necessarily for launch in '08 (it's not something we want to rush, after all), its already had more development time than the entirety of "Recipe for Disaster"... but youll have to wait to find out more. We're adding secret hints and references all the time about this one, so if you need to know more, just look around! Leave no stone unturned....

From "Future PvP Updates", 15th August 2008.

I would assume that this was NOT referring to WGS, but rather the 150th quest. WGS was released only two months later.

"Leave no stone unturned" - Referring to stone of Jas, therefore I'd say WGS.

X_kaylin_X.png

A Jagex Mod (Mark, I think) said rather cryptically on the forums that he was excited for #150.

And yes, I think they certainly could be planning a sequel to WGS already. WGS was a cool quest, but is there anyone who thinks that it was as long or hard as that original news post made it sound?

a sequel to WGS will b kinda cool.. but then im sure there wont b alot of pple who will b able to do it, taking into account the high requirements for WGS. Something more like RFD is nicer, where there's at least something that everyone can do, kinda like diaries eh.. =P Im sure jagex wants their 150th quest to be remembered more than just 'that high level quest i wasnt able to do'

a sequel to WGS will b kinda cool.. but then im sure there wont b alot of pple who will b able to do it, taking into account the high requirements for WGS. Something more like RFD is nicer, where there's at least something that everyone can do, kinda like diaries eh.. =P Im sure jagex wants their 150th quest to be remembered more than just 'that high level quest i wasnt able to do'

Then how about "that high level quest that i'm training hard for to be able to do it".

priest_wiz.png

WGS required high levels, but honestly it wasn't nearly as hard, or long as some other quests. The boss fights were a bit of a joke, and there were no cryptic puzzles that took real complex thought to figure out. I think WGS may have just been the precursor, and Jagex might have something huge in store for us.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Let the baseless speculation begin! \'

(No offense intended, I like baseless speculation ::' )

all your base are belong to me

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

A Jagex Mod (Mark, I think) said rather cryptically on the forums that he was excited for #150.

And yes, I think they certainly could be planning a sequel to WGS already. WGS was a cool quest, but is there anyone who thinks that it was as long or hard as that original news post made it sound?

EXACTLY what I was thinking! They said they worked on it more then RFD. It was a great quest IMO, but did not seem that it took as much work as as RFD (then again, what do I know wrt the programming involved). Maybe that was just a portion of the effort they were speaking of and maybe 150 will be the "rest" of their labor they spoke of.

chris_924.png

Then how about "that high level quest that i'm training hard for to be able to do it".

Amen to that.:twss:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber