Quest 150

Le_Fay

Maybe waist-items as a reward?

New slot for belts, which can hold up to 5 different runes (up to let's say 500 each storage, duplicated stacks allowed) which would be handy for Slayer, Treasure Trails and Quests (law runes without space loss? yes please!)

'Bronze' through 'Barrows' like the gloves from RFD, and giving the same stat bonuses, except the strenght/prayer bonus is swapped (instead of +12 strenght, +12 prayer for barrows or something like that)

What about that?

This belt-talk has been around for a while and I really don't see why people really want them. Seriously: a wing slot would be way more awesome

Please no Wings, but shoulderparts (Bronze up to Barrows/Crystal) would be awesome. Thats just more realistic.

What about boots?

Oh wait we already have those...

Seriously though, I do like the metal plate cape idea, but I don't think they should give prayer bonuses. Currently the best prayer cape in the game are the god cloaks from level 2 clue scrolls and I think that's the way it should stay. Instead of prayer I think a good magic bonus would be good. These could become excellent capes for mages. They could offer good melee defense bonuses without penalizing the magic attack bonus

1st: God cloaks do not have the best prayer bonus. Trimmed skillcapes even give a prayer bonus of +4, and god claks only +3.

And capes giving magic bonus, mh, I am thinking of the 3 God-Capes (not cloaks) which you get after level 60 magic. A +10 magic attack and other bonuses is good enough.

Really, its that low? I coulda sworn it was +6... oh well lol

Anyways, there' no harm for there being a cape that gives more than +10 bonus to magic. Think about the barrow gloves: they give +12 to everything. I think a cape that gave +12 to defenses (except magic since is metal) and +12 to magic attack wouldn't be bad at all

Ah no!!! This would make all the other expensive capes quite useless!

Let's say they have (+1) - (+6) def on everything going from bronze up to rune. A Dragon one having +8 everything (which requires the Legends quest to use, so the the Legends quest won't get useless, becasue the Legends cape has +7). Well, then there comes the obby cape. After the obby cape (with +9 each) there should come a crystal cape with +10 everything. THe Firecape should still be the cape with the best def bonus.

Who cares of the obby cape is obsoleted? :lol:

Its always been criticized because it gave better defense bonuses than the legends cape, yet requires no skills or quests to use.

Also keep in mind that these capes while technically better than many other expensive capes, they will only be available to people who have completed this hypothetical super-hard quests, so they deserve an extremely awesome cape. When RFD came out they released gloves that blew all other gloves (and all other hand equipment, really) completely out of the water, yet no one complained. In fact, everyone loved it.

As for the fire cape, people will still use them because the metal capes would not have a strength bonus. That one fact will make the fire cape still very popular for all the people who just gotta hit as high as possible. Its the same principle as a warrior's ring or whichever one adds to strength. They'll pay 500k+ for a minuscule amount of extra strength when there are so many more useful and cheaper rings to use: ring of wealth, slayer ring, just to name a couple.

As for the discussion about one handed crush weapons, I think that before I get excited about any crush weapon (and believe me I'd like to), Jagex needs to do some serious updates concerning having individual attack/defense stats actually make a difference. For example, a scimitar should suck against a platebody, but a warhammer should do great. Currently however, a scimitar is superior to a warhammer in every situation, save a few rare ones, such as waterfiends.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the Dragon Warhammer: aside from PVP and minigame weapons, the one-handed weapon with the best Crush bonus is the Dragon Battleaxe, followed by Obby and Dragon maces, with the Rune Warhammer in the fourth spot. We have a lack of high-end one-handed Crush weapons.

I assume you are putting Dharok's axe under "PVP" weapons. I agree, we could use a good PVM weapon with decent speed and a nice crush bonus.

One-handed weapons.

Oh sorry, didn't read your post carefully enough. As a one handed weapon, you would be able combine it with a defender and make it even better. It could be sort of a crush-based competitor with the Abyssal Whip.

But after the dissapointment of the D plate, Im really tired of Dragon items right now. It is very annoying to have every quest centered around another dragon item.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Its always been criticized because it gave better defense bonuses than the legends cape, yet requires no skills or quests to use.

Also keep in mind that these capes while technically better than many other expensive capes, they will only be available to people who have completed this hypothetical super-hard quests, so they deserve an extremely awesome cape. When RFD came out they released gloves that blew all other gloves (and all other hand equipment, really) completely out of the water, yet no one complained. In fact, everyone loved it.

That idea of a new cape will interfere with the idea behind the QPs cape. I suggest some sort of enchanted, trimmed QPs cape instead.

priest_wiz.png

That idea of a new cape will interfere with the idea behind the QPs cape. I suggest some sort of enchanted, trimmed QPs cape instead.

There is a suspicion that completing all Achievement Diaries will trim the Quest Cape later (when they are all released).

Game_Proffy.png

There is a suspicion that completing all Achievement Diaries will trim the Quest Cape later (when they are all released).

I was hoping it would be trimmed after WGS, it being a Grandmaster Quest after all. Jagex almost never fails to bash my hopes...

priest_wiz.png

Not sure if anyone pointed this out already, but Hazelmere basically completely gave away the ending to wgs after beating Path of Glouphrie.

[hide=Hazelmere's predictions]hazelmere1nc4.jpg

hazelmere2zm2.jpg[/hide]

The 8 brothers: The men you recruit for wgs to fight Lucien

The deciever: Lucien

You dressed in the ochre robes of the deciever: The Dagon'Hai robes

Remaining true to guthix: self-explanatory, this is a guthix quest after all

Two warriors surviving (slayer and warrior): The two warriors who survived Luciens onslaught. If I'm not mistaken it was Mazchna the Slayer master and Grommel the Warrior guild guard.

The only thing he predicted that hasn't come true? The thing he said at the end. That someone, perhaps the player, would become the guardian of the trees. Perhaps the next quest involves the spirit trees or trees of runescape? I'm going to train my woodcutting...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Not sure if anyone pointed this out already, but Hazelmere basically completely gave away the ending to wgs after beating Path of Glouphrie.

hazelmere2zm2.jpg[/hide]

Two warriors surviving (slayer and warrior): The two warriors who survived Luciens onslaught. If I'm not mistaken it was Mazchna the Slayer master and Grommel the Warrior guild guard.

This has been posted over 9000 times already.

The only thing he predicted that hasn't come true? The thing he said at the end. That someone, perhaps the player, would become the guardian of the trees. Perhaps the next quest involves the spirit trees or trees of runescape? I'm going to train my woodcutting...

How would a guardian of the trees be needing a high woodcutting?

priest_wiz.png

I was hoping it would be trimmed after WGS, it being a Grandmaster Quest after all. Jagex almost never fails to bash my hopes...

But... Since the QC requires all quests completed, letting a new extra hard quest "trim" it would basically just be a graphical update to the cape. No one would be able to wear the untrimmed version ;)

hazelmere2zm2.jpg[/hide]

This has been posted over 9000 times already.

Not once on this thread though...

A new study shows that 98% of teenagers listen to emo music. The other 2% have stayed straight gangster. If your apparantly the 0% who still listens to rock, put this in your signature.

He gave away a small part of that quest. An important part yes, but not enough to completely spoil it nor the actual climax of the quest, so meh.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

He's going to kill them all!!!! :ohnoes:

Anyways, as for the new metal cape set interfering with the possibility of your quest cape being trimmed... that doesn't make sense! :wall:

Anyways, as for the new metal cape set interfering with the possibility of your quest cape being trimmed... that doesn't make sense! :wall:

I meant interfering with the idea behind the Quest cape: showing off that you have completed every quest.

If these metal capes would be rewards from the hardest quest to that date, you can just put those on to show off instead of the Quest cape, wich will then be weared by only a few people.

priest_wiz.png

I personally think that capes have been push to their limits. A lot of things have to be quite honest. A new armor spot might not be a half bad reward. Maybe the ability to wear a piece of extra jewelry or so forth?

Boots and shields still have quite a lot of space to do things with them.

I meant interfering with the idea behind the Quest cape: showing off that you have completed every quest.

If these metal capes would be rewards from the hardest quest to that date, you can just put those on to show off instead of the Quest cape, wich will then be weared by only a few people.

True but that's what happened with dagon'hai and elite to an extent. People wore that and it said they had done every quest. but now there are other quests and you no longer need every quest completed to wear them. The same thing will happen to the capes, if they are released.

True but that's what happened with dagon'hai and elite to an extent. People wore that and it said they had done every quest. but now there are other quests and you no longer need every quest completed to wear them. The same thing will happen to the capes, if they are released.

You don't need to do the quest to get the Dagon'hai robes as a drop though. That's what makes these less valuable.

priest_wiz.png

Dagon'hai and Elite Black are both tradeable. Tradeable items = No status symbol. Unless metal cape can be traded and be worn with no quest requirements, Quest capes may die for quite a while until many harder quests are released.

120dgl.jpg

Dagon'hai and Elite Black are both tradeable. Tradeable items = No status symbol. Unless metal cape can be traded and be worn with no quest requirements, Quest capes may die for quite a while until many harder quests are released.

Yeah and then maybe the symbol on it could be you leaping over a fishing spot with a harpoon in your hand to imply the jumping of the shark that has happened with capes? :roll:

When I heard this I just thought of all the epic quests with long story lines. I came up with two that I think would be awesome to add to the sequels. The Mourning's End series and the Myreque series. Seeing as we got a sequel to the Myreque more recently with the Legacy of Seergaze and the addition of the blood altar. I believe the next one will be about Mourning's End. I have been looking forward to a peek at the Elven City for a long time so I'm really hoping it's Mourning's End 3.

Also I think it's cool how the two longest series in Runescape have released new Runecrafting altars. Mabey an eventual sequel to WGS will also bring a Soul Altar.

Storm122096.png

I think Jagex will release a completly new quest with quest nr. 150. I odn't know why, it just feels like that. It's such an important mark so it should be something new :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I think Jagex will release a completly new quest with quest nr. 150. I odn't know why, it just feels like that. It's such an important mark so it should be something new :)

I assume you meant quest chain, as a new quest is obvious, to which the answer is: NO! There are far too many quest chains that have dragged on for ages, many with no updates for years. Time to fix the older ones.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

I assume you meant quest chain, as a new quest is obvious, to which the answer is: NO! There are far too many quest chains that have dragged on for ages, many with no updates for years. Time to fix the older ones.

No, I didn't neccessarilly mean a new quest chain. I meant a new quest which might not be linked with any other quest we have seen this far in the game. It can very well be a quest which never will be linked with other quests in the future too. And about the old quest chains, don't worry, they will be fixed. I'm sure of that Jagex has got a plan for them.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

No, I didn't neccessarilly mean a new quest chain. I meant a new quest which might not be linked with any other quest we have seen this far in the game. It can very well be a quest which never will be linked with other quests in the future too. And about the old quest chains, don't worry, they will be fixed. I'm sure of that Jagex has got a plan for them.

Of course it will be a new quest which may or may not be linked with existing quests. Otherwise it would still be quest 149.

And if it is not linked with others, the storyline will probably be horrible. And that is really the point to the main epic quests.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Of course it will be a new quest which may or may not be linked with existing quests. Otherwise it would still be quest 149.

And if it is not linked with others, the storyline will probably be horrible. And that is really the point to the main epic quests.

Most people want continuations. I hope JAGeX, for once, listens to the crowds.

priest_wiz.png

Seeing as Jagex is focusing on improving already existing features this year, it would make sense that they're going to finish up some of the older quest lines.

I just hope its not a continuation of the Red Axe storyline. Those were terrible quests IMO.

I just hope its not a continuation of the Red Axe storyline. Those were terrible quests IMO.

I disagree, I hope Jagex contiunes that quest line, as it's funny and quite intresting.

(They'd better hurry up and update the dwarves too)

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.