Blocking Slayer tasks...

Tribbleman

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I'm going to be switching to Duradel (Lapalok in my case because of WGS...), and I want to know, which are the best monsters to block when using him? I will DEFINITELY block Hellhounds and Warped Terrorbirds right off the bat... I just want to know which I should block for the other two slots. ::'

5c96fbd7db.png

java2009021518224462vn5.png

PROUD Owner of Quest cape since 12/25/08 99 Attack Achieved 6/5/09

Drops: Dragon Boots x5, Dragon Chainbody x1 (Dusties) Abyssal Whip x3, Abyssal Head x1

Best single TT Reward: Saradomin Platebody + Zammy Page 3

I'd keep hellies on there, and I guess warped terrorbirds are an acquired monster :P.

Block off Black dragons because everyone pisses and moans about them, and I've nixed Wyverns, and metals off too. :twisted:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Well, I'm fine with wyverns... I'll probably go with blocking scabarites (or however they're spelled :P ) and irons, since steels are usually worth killing.

Thanks for the help people ::'

5c96fbd7db.png

Drops: Dragon Boots x5, Dragon Chainbody x1 (Dusties) Abyssal Whip x3, Abyssal Head x1

Scarabarites and Wyverns

I always keep dragons because I don't like passing up the chance of a visage, no matter how tiny the chances of getting one are.

Wyverens drop Visages too.. :?

I'd say Scabarites and Steels. Wyvs are a really fun task that I wouldn't reccomend skipping.

And steels are never worth killing! I've calced the exp on Steel Dragon task and it comes out to the same amount of exp as killing MITHRIL dragons. That's really bad experience, as there's only 5 spawns per world.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

warped terrorbirds are 50k slay xp/hr with a cannon and covers most of the cannonballs with their drops so its not that bad ;)

i blocked hellhounds, iron/steels, and greaters

sometimes i also cancel goraks/suqohs/kalphites.. you could cannon them though its fast xp but no drops.. or charms :/

scabarites is an easy cannonable task and great crimson droppers..

wyverns is a very rare task (i got them only once, slayer 81 though) so its not worth permanently blocking them just cancel them ;)

the reason why i blocked metal dragons are: they have massive def, are often crowded by visage hunters and the room is full of aggressive irons/steels.. especially steels are a pain to kill. you'll get about 50-60 and they are only about 5 spawns.. it takes hours to finish one task. and thats not the idea

]Gonalo40.png

And steels are never worth killing! I've calced the exp on Steel Dragon task and it comes out to the same amount of exp as killing MITHRIL dragons. That's really bad experience, as there's only 5 spawns per world.

:shock: Didn't know that. Well then, I'll block steels instead of irons, plus scabarites. Reason being that I dont use a cannon since I seem to lose money like crazy and not get much back, considering the fact that I'm willing to take a little more time per task if I save some money. That means that scabarites and terrorbirds remain on the block list... :)

Thanks again for the help guys, but this time its done :P

5c96fbd7db.png

I can tell you right now to not block Warped Terrorbirds. If you have any skill and aren't a puss like most people you'd fight them. They are massive xp and you profit about 250k each task of them you get. All they require is a minimal amount of skill, the ability to left-click twice in a row, and maybe like 6 prayer potions.

Anyways, block Steel Dragons. These are on 99% of people's block list for a reason. Killing them sucks and for the most part so does their drops.

Hellhounds seem to be common. I have these blocked cuz they spawn as fast ice cream melts in Alaska. And they only drop clues. And charms. Yay?

Skeletal Wyverns. I've heard that there's a trick that allows you to range them once they lose aggro and that there is an effortless way to make them lose aggro on you. If you like range don't block these. They do drop wyvern bones 100% of the time though so I guess that's a plus. But for melee purposes they suck.

Black Demons have crummy drops (ashes and coins a majority of the time) and don't drop rune that often. They hit hard with melee so you basically have to use prayer potions and supers to kill them with any relative speed. Oh wait they have a ton of HP...you can range safespot them I guess but again for melee purposes black demons are very hard to make a profit off of.

I've seen people block black dragons tasks and that's just stupid. Kill the babies instead of the adults. Go to the Chaos Tunnels or the lone baby in the Evil Chicken's Lair (yes there is one there, bring a rope to get down to it) and your task will go by rather quickly.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

i have steels,black demons,irons, and i think hell hounds or only 3 blocked tasks

wverns are a really good task

easy to camp with range and tons of crimsons around 50% drop (2 at a time)

Black Demons are awesome XP.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Black Demons have crummy drops (ashes and coins a majority of the time) and don't drop rune that often. They hit hard with melee so you basically have to use prayer potions and supers to kill them with any relative speed. Oh wait they have a ton of HP...you can range safespot them I guess but again for melee purposes black demons are very hard to make a profit off of.

They're good xp and have a great charm rate.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: