Barbarian Assault

pureprayer

These are a couple rants on the Barbarian Assault game.

First of all make a level requirement, its hard to be on wave 8 with a level 36 that has 34 health... At minimum 45 combat. Secondly when your healer and your using your poisoned whatever on the healers have it go to the healers and not other players. "This item can not be lent". Third, WHEN YOUR DONE DEFENDING/ATTACKING/HEALING (cant be done collecting) GO TO THE HORN OF GLORY (although healer needs to stay and heal people).

Rants being Attacker

Attacker is sort of laid back. You have to pay 100% attention to make sure you dont mis-hit (with out dash its censored) a monster. If the collector doesn't call you, you sit there not doing anything. On wave 10 it is easy because there are no penalties. Attacker is VERY easy and if your level 5 you don't hit and 0's,1's,2's,3's,4's, only 5's minimum. Not much wrong here.

Rants being Collector

Collector is the one job you don't need. You can use the cannon to fire at the runners but that is it. You have to call for attack and have to be fast with your calls. If attack doesn't call you you load you eggs in the hopper or convert your eggs. On wave 10 you pick up eggs from the queen and give to the healer. Not much boost from level 1 to level 5 except the egg converter.

Rants being Healer

Healer is the funnest job. Except when the defenders dont call. You go around healing people and racking up points. You can heal 500+ hitpoints in a game. You are responsible for your own life and can restore run energy to yourself. You can poison the healers and just walk away and they will almost kill them selves. At level 1 you heal 10, at level 2 you heal 15, at level 3 you heal 20, at level 4 you heal 25, and at level 5 you heal 35. Healing 35 is alot. I would have to say its hard having lvl 36 collectors on your team because of the low defense and the pures (who said they have mains who solo the queen...) that have low def and the people in prossy.

Also for healer sadsvq4.png

How do i see who to heal?

Rants being Defender

Defender is plain annoying. You have to set food down, repair traps, and you lose 3 points (max 10) every time a runner goes past. And you have a healer screaming at you to call for them. Defender is so slow usually you use two except on wave 10. I haven't experienced defender much and cant say much about it. If healer doesn't call for you your dead in the water. You get more spaces to lure runners up to 10 at level 5.

Overall Rants

Why does your barrows degrade normally when your not an attacker? Make it degrade 50% slower. Give ancients to people just dont allow the effects (freeze, poison, lower attack, regain health). Let the collector destroy all the eggs in his bag at once. Why does only the torso and gloves have any use for people over level 80?

Ill think of more later.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Ehh, I haven't played too much so I can't comment. Just one other thing to add:

MAKE AT LEAST ONE REWARD USEFUL

Penance gloves are the only thing that is remotely useful - and even then, there's almost nowhere worth using them at. Make at least 1 'must have' item.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

These are a couple rants on the Barbarian Assault game.

First of all make a level requirement, its hard to be on wave 8 with a level 36 that has 34 health... At minimum 45 combat. Agreed. Secondly when your healer and your using your poisoned whatever on the healers have it go to the healers and not other players. "This item can not be lent". Third, WHEN YOUR DONE DEFENDING/ATTACKING/HEALING (cant be done collecting) GO TO THE HORN OF GLORY (although healer needs to stay and heal people).

Rants being Attacker

Attacker is sort of laid back. You have to pay 100% attention to make sure you dont mis-hit (with out dash its censored) a monster. If the collector doesn't call you, you sit there not doing anything. On wave 10 it is easy because there are no penalties. Attacker is VERY easy and if your level 5 you don't hit and 0's,1's,2's,3's,4's, only 5's minimum. Not much wrong here. Ok.

Rants being Collector

Collector is the one job you don't need. Yes you do, it's vital to wave 10 and useful for cannoning runners and poisoning everything else. You can use the cannon to fire at the runners but that is it. You have to call for attack and have to be fast with your calls. Yes. Yes, you do. If attack doesn't call you you load you eggs in the hopper or convert your eggs. On wave 10 you pick up eggs from the queen and give to the healer. Not much boost from level 1 to level 5 except the egg converter.

Rants being Healer

Healer is the funnest job. Yeah, I agree. Except when the defenders dont call. Doesn't bother me so much with healer, you have another job to do, and you usually only poison when you've got time. You go around healing people and racking up points. You can heal 500+ hitpoints in a game. You are responsible for your own life and can restore run energy to yourself. You can poison the healers and just walk away and they will almost kill them selves. At level 1 you heal 10, at level 2 you heal 15, at level 3 you heal 20, at level 4 you heal 25, and at level 5 you heal 35. Healing 35 is alot. I would have to say its hard having lvl 36 collectors on your team because of the low defense and the pures (who said they have mains who solo the queen...) that have low def and the people in prossy. My main soloed the queen 25000 times and got a d torso and some obby skirt

Also for healer sadsvq4.png

How do i see who to heal? Don't split your private chat. This applies to a lot of other aspects of the game.

Rants being Defender

Defender is plain annoying. Yep. You have to set food down, repair traps, and you lose 3 points (max 10) every time a runner goes past. And you have a healer screaming at you to call for them. You can fix this by calling. Defender is so slow usually you use two except on wave 10. I haven't experienced defender much and cant say much about it. If healer doesn't call for you your dead in the water. Yep. Totally agree. Although to be fair, the healer has quite a bit to worry about. You get more spaces to lure runners up to 10 at level 5.

Overall Rants

Why does your barrows degrade normally when your not an attacker? Make it degrade 50% slower. Because Barrow armour degrades at the regular speed if you're just getting hit outside BA as well. Give ancients to people just dont allow the effects (freeze, poison, lower attack, regain health). That wouldn't make sense, Ancients aren't elemental spells. Let the collector destroy all the eggs in his bag at once. Why does only the torso and gloves have any use for people over level 80? Because they're for decoration, not usefulness. CW armour is ridiculously difficult to obtain, but nobody uses it in serious combat.

Ill think of more later.

You raised a lot of good points, but I doubt Jagex will ever fix such an unloved minigame.

Collector is a massive help on waves 1-9. Standing at the cannon and clicking 4 times is far easier and faster for the defender than using the traps. With a speedy collector, there is no reason any runners should get past. I agree that making the traps break is too much for a low-leveled deffender; in the time it takes to run to get a hammer and logs a runner can get past. Of course, this is where those nice red eggs come in.

Barrows degrades just like it does in any other combat situation... not sure what you're on about here.

Ancient magics in not elemental, so it obviously can't be used. Blood barrage with free runes? No need for a healer. Ice barrage? Runner's don't stand a chance. I question if you put a second of thought into that idea.

Not all rewards have to be useful. Some people, like me, play for fun.

quit

I recently went back to BA to get a Fighter Hat for use at Free for All Corporeal Beast trips.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

That's true. But for almost every game there is SOME sort of incentive. There is literally nothing worth using, with the VERY questionable exception of penance gloves. It's like the games room, only without the betting.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Collector is a massive help on waves 1-9. Standing at the cannon and clicking 4 times is far easier and faster for the defender than using the traps. With a speedy collector, there is no reason any runners should get past. I agree that making the traps break is too much for a low-leveled deffender; in the time it takes to run to get a hammer and logs a runner can get past. Of course, this is where those nice red eggs come in.

Barrows degrades just like it does in any other combat situation... not sure what you're on about here.

Ancient magics in not elemental, so it obviously can't be used. Blood barrage with free runes? No need for a healer. Ice barrage? Runner's don't stand a chance. I question if you put a second of thought into that idea.

If you want the most points the collector needs to pick up alot of eggs and destroy them while picking up more. With a bad team (which you will get from waves 1-7) you almost always have 10 points of penalty so it would be worth it for the team not to fire eggs in those waves.

My point is barrows should degrade at a lesser pace when not attacker. Maybe 80% instead of 100%, as this would get the level 100's out of dragon legs and rune plates. Also have someone there repair barrows maybe even for points. (maybe 500 points for a full item)

Blood = Fire

Ice = Water

Shadow = Earth

Smoke = Air

None of the effects would be there and it would not allow you to use barrage spells.

@Alex I like my chat split its only a matter of raising the chat a little more when being healer.

With healer I like to mass poison most of the healers so the poison slowly kills them and people dont lose more then 20 health by the time im done mass poisoning. For collector at wave 10 its kinda easy, your role isnt bigger from any other waves.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

If you want the most points the collector needs to pick up alot of eggs and destroy them while picking up more. With a bad team (which you will get from waves 1-7) you almost always have 10 points of penalty so it would be worth it for the team not to fire eggs in those waves.

Firing the cannon doesn't lose anyone points. It speeds up waves, giving you quicker points. Why wouldn't that "be worth it"?

My point is barrows should degrade at a lesser pace when not attacker. Maybe 80% instead of 100%, as this would get the level 100's out of dragon legs and rune plates. Also have someone there repair barrows maybe even for points. (maybe 500 points for a full item)

Why? Barrows degrades at the same rate in every combat situation, in every minigame in runescape, even in ones with no/useless rewards like castle or clan wars. You haven't even presented an argument here. Barrow armour has great stats and nice effects, but it costs money to use it. There isn't even a reason to wear it in ba; anyone with the 70 def required to use it wont be getting hit enough to bother. Also keep in mind the team gets more points the more is healed, so taking damage, to an extent, is a good thing.

Blood = Fire

Ice = Water

Shadow = Earth

Smoke = Air

None of the effects would be there and it would not allow you to use barrage spells.

If the spells have no effects, and you can't use the higher levels spells why bother using ancients. The attack styles are crowded enough as is.

quit

Firing the cannon doesn't lose anyone points. It speeds up waves, giving you quicker points. Why wouldn't that "be worth it"?

Why? Barrows degrades at the same rate in every combat situation, in every minigame in runescape, even in ones with no/useless rewards like castle or clan wars. You haven't even presented an argument here. Barrow armour has great stats and nice effects, but it costs money to use it. There isn't even a reason to wear it in ba; anyone with the 70 def required to use it wont be getting hit enough to bother. Also keep in mind the team gets more points the more is healed, so taking damage, to an extent, is a good thing.

Blood = Fire

Ice = Water

Shadow = Earth

Smoke = Air

If the spells have no effects, and you can't use the higher levels spells why bother using ancients. The attack styles are crowded enough as is.

You would get better picking up eggs and destroying them and what not then firing depending on what your team looks like. I think you should load the cannon as collector and wait for attack to finish their job and they can fire it.

For my barrows argument it wouldent matter if we got xp. Even xp rewards for points would make me shut up. Nearly every other minigame gives xp if it is based around combat. Possibly gambling points for a random amount of xp. At minimum we should be able to repair barrows with points.

Honestly i put ancients there because if you went there on ancients expecting to burst them all over the place and found out you couldent you're dead in the water because theres noway to use any spells. A way to change back to regs (of course as soon as you leave you go back to ancients) would be nice.

Do you get points if you heal your self if your healer in the spring? Im asking this i dont know.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Aah.. Barbarian Assault. My favourite minigame.. Let's see what you've got here.

Rants being Attacker

Yes, I agree, it's very annoying, even when you are paying 100% attention, the style switches when you are already performing the hit, leaving you with a penalty. They should allow using the previous attack style for about a second after switch so you would actually have a chance of avoiding penalties without having to leave combat before the switch.

Rants being Collector

Yeah, cannon is mostly used only on Runners and the Queen; however, it is an invaluable tool with an unexperienced Defender. They should improve the other eggs though, the stunning effect is stupid because the monster becomes immune to all attacks during stun and the poison is ridiculously weak and slow. Also, I would like Jagex making the Egg Hopper bigger (5 of every eggs, seriously, that can be filled insanely fast!) and maybe add an Egg Destroyer for fast inventory cleans even at higher Collector levels.

Rants being Healer

Yeah, I hate the problem with private chat too. It's annoying to keep in chatbox because it can be messed up with Clan Chat messages, and turning private off makes the game more boring (unless playing with talkative people/friends). Also, I think the Healer interface should warn you of a player with low Hitpoints automatically - most players don't call in time and get killed.

Rants being Defender

I have to disagree with this, I am a pretty experienced Defender and I can pretty easily perform all these tasks; however, an unexperienced Defender might find him/herself in trouble trying to perform all these things at once. I also hate Healer following you, screaming how you should call him/her, not understanding that sometimes a Defender is in such a tight spot (s)he can not call right away. Healer doesn't lose points by not immediatly killing Healers, (s)he should just wait even though sitting still doing nothing might be found annoying.

Overall Rants

I never take Barrows to Barbarian Assault. I don't even own a single Barrows item. I use my Torso and Dragon Legs and barely get hit through 80 Defence, exception being Wave 9, where I might be in a bit tougher situation; however, with a good Healer, I can perform quite nicely.

Also, I have to disagree with the Ancients in Barbarian Assault - they would be a ridiculous overkill. Just a few Ice Barrages and you can deal ridiculous amounts of damage in a very short time.

EDIT: No, you don't get points for healing yourself from the spring; however, you do get points if another Healer heals you.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Defender is my favorite role (although I don't play the game much). It's a lot easier and fun than most people make it out to be.

For example, once you get the timing and placement right and know the runners' paths, no runners get through you. All it takes is a little practice and intelligence. It's one of the few things in RS with actually requires intellect and not just click and reflex. Even look at any of the other roles, it really boils down to "Do this", "Stop this when you aren't supposed to", and "Call". Even the Healer is relatively simple.

i think why he wants the ancient spells is so he can freeze a group or poison a group of penace fighters or something along those lines. they don't have to do initial damage, just the effect. couldn't ice be put under the same category as water? just a thought.

_collector is used because there's gotta be an excuse for another player. how weird would barbarian assault be without eggs? it'd be like removing the kicker for a football game. sure he's barely used but when he is, he comes at a vital time (and yes it is "possible" for the game to go on without a kicker [don't know about after half time] you could *i guess* make the qb do the kick) go ahead and flame me i don't care.

so basically take the eggs out of the game and you got a really weird, pointless game. how the hell are you going to kill the queen then?

_i tend to disagree about attackers. you're not paying 100% attention. i sure as hell am not. i basically just kill the rangers then fighters then poof done. right around the time i think the thing's about to change i stop attacking. attackers are usually the first ones done because of how easy it is.

_defender is FUN on the last wave. first one done every time on wave 10. the stupid pillars are in the way all the time during the earlier waves making it annoying and cumbersome.

_healer is just awesome.

the whole "when X doesn't call and you're roll Y it's really annoying" applies to every position. except for maybe collector. all they really gotta do is call and they could fall asleep on the keyboard for all i care. any one can be a collector.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

Agree with most of it.

Defender is easy though. You only get penalties for runners who get passed, not for dropping wrong stuff. Plus if a runner eats a wrong item it runs North. Do this:

Get gear.

CALL

Start from pool run NE to the trap dropping as you go.

Overbait the trap with whatever you have left.

Run to get logs and hammer

CALL (may need to do it on route to hammer)

Run to stock up.

CALL

**Start from pool run NE to trap dropping as you go.

Fix trap if need be / overbait the trap.

CALL

Go get more supplies

Repeat from ** until all dead.

You don't need a call from the healer, it's not needed. Let them concentrate on there harder tasks.

No runners will get by, you will get max points, and net the team max points.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

The right click - Destroy option kind of scares me. LOL. But it doesnt matter much. Fixing that to a Drop would be a good minority to fix. But I agree with the first replier. Make the rewards useful. The only ones I have are Fighter Torso and Penance Gloves, since the rest arent worth it. The Fighter SKirt is almost worth it with +15 range attack, but Black Dhide's +17 for chaps just says "ha." Make that range attack like +20, and now were talking. Also, there should be a change to the other stats of other rewards to make them worth getting.

i think why he wants the ancient spells is so he can freeze a group or poison a group of penace fighters or something along those lines. they don't have to do initial damage, just the effect. couldn't ice be put under the same category as water? just a thought.

Read any of my other posts on the topic.

_collector is used because there's gotta be an excuse for another player. how weird would barbarian assault be without eggs? it'd be like removing the kicker for a football game. sure he's barely used but when he is, he comes at a vital time (and yes it is "possible" for the game to go on without a kicker [don't know about after half time] you could *i guess* make the qb do the kick) go ahead and flame me i don't care.

so basically take the eggs out of the game and you got a really weird, pointless game. how the hell are you going to kill the queen then?

Just watch the first game of the season when the jets kicker went out. I mentoned on wave 10 is the only wave where you have to do a lot being collector.

_i tend to disagree about attackers. you're not paying 100% attention. i sure as hell am not. i basically just kill the rangers then fighters then poof done. right around the time i think the thing's about to change i stop attacking. attackers are usually the first ones done because of how easy it is.For attack you sound like one of those idiots who attack a monster and dont watch for the call to change. You have to click away from the monster you are attacking right when the call is changed

_defender is FUN on the last wave. first one done every time on wave 10. the stupid pillars are in the way all the time during the earlier waves making it annoying and cumbersome.

_healer is just awesome.

the whole "when X doesn't call and you're roll Y it's really annoying" applies to every position. except for maybe collector. all they really gotta do is call and they could fall asleep on the keyboard for all i care. any one can be a collector.Yes because people NEED to CALL

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Its no secret that BA is [bleep]ing awful. People get the torso then never return, ever.

My memories of getting my torso were of counting down how many points until I could get out of that [cabbage]hole.

I'd say the biggest problem with BA is just the RS population. As we all known RS is abundant with ignorant pre-teens. BA was just doomed to fail right from the start, a shame as I remember it as being a massively hyped New Year update. The best thing to come out of BA has been the Torso and gloves.

allright, i guess i was being a complete [bleep] when i went and tried to get my interpitation of what this guy said in his rant. apparently my comparison wasn't good enough, collectors should be kicked out of the game, and now i'm one of those attackers in barbarian assault that just pays no attention.

i briefly thought about defending my position, but you know what? it would be like throwing rocks at the moon. it'll never get through.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).