THE HISTORY of SERPENTS: a blog

Please be warned that I haven't had time to fix my main page after the conversion to the new forums took place. A LOT of the stuff looks a bit wonky -- please bear with me, I will fix these eventually!

THE HISTORY of SERPENTS

a blog

TABLE OF CONTENTS

• About Me
  • RuneScape History
  • Skills and Levels
  • Goals
  • Other
  • Pictures
  • Tip.it Forums
  • Acknowledgements

[hide=About Me]Well, I'm incredibly bad at describing myself for starters, so I'll make the best attempt possible! My name is Jeremy, but all of my online friends call me Bea (the nickname has quite a history itself, one I don't have time to explain!) I'm twenty-one years old, and I'm a manager at a local movie theater.

I'm a workaholic, but when I do manage to snag a day or two off from work, I spend it reading, watching movies (I said I managed a day off... not that I managed to stay away from my place of work...), or wasting my life away online. Books are my real passion. I love reading. Give me something with words on it, and I'll read it. I do have an affinity for teen fantasy-fiction, but I'll take a dip in any genre-pool. My favorite authors are J. K. Rowling, Tamora Pierce, Cate Tiernan, and the late Michael Crichton - who is a god!

I'll take the risk of calling myself a very funny guy. I love to make people laugh. I have a very dirty mind, a very dirty mouth, and a very sarcastic and cynical sense of humor. I'm also very friendly, and I'll admit, a bit loony. At work I walk around singing all the time, and running down the hallways shouting "For Narnia!!!" But that's just how I roll.[/hide]

[hide=RuneScape History]My older brother was the one who introduced me to RuneScape. I first started playing around the time RSC was coming to a close, and beta tests of RS2 were being run. Serpent_Eye was the first character I made, followed by a few other random characters - Serpent_Fang, a miner, and Mr 512, a fisher. Both characters have long been lost.

The early days were quite lonely, I'll admit. The only people I knew that played RuneScape were my older brother, who I couldn't obviously play with, and my brother's friend. Shortly after I started playing, I made my first two long-time RuneScape friends - Ichew and Bleed Blue. They were both so helpful, always giving me advice and when needed, even a small loan (in Ichew's case, after I got hacked.) I'll always be grateful to Ichew's help. He doesn't play any longer, but we still keep in contact. And I'm happy to say, out of the blue, after several years of no word from him, I was shocked to see the message "Bleed Blue has logged in" pop up the other night!

To me, RuneScape isn't about having the highest skill level, or the most amount of money. I've been playing for all of these years on this one account, and I'm only 90+ combat, any my highest skill (Strength) tops out at a meager 75. But every day I play I have fun. I don't usually stick to one skill for very long; I'll pick a quick task for one skill, complete it, and then move on to a completely different skill. (Although I'm a very patient person, I've never understood how people can work on a single skill for days on end.) In all honesty, I would still have fun if all of my skills reverted back to 1, and I lost all of my items and cash.

I've been an on-and-off member for several years now. Some of the skills I find most enjoyable are Farming, Cooking, and Hunter.[/hide]

SKILLS AND LEVELS

[hide=Combat Level]combat.gifCombat Level: 101/94[/hide]

[hide=Skills]I'll do my best to update this on a weekly basis - I'm too lazy to update it every time I level something.

overall.gifTotal Level: 1592

attack.gifAttack 76

defence.gifDefence: 74

hitpoints.gifHitpoints: 77

magic.gifMagic: 69

prayer.gifPrayer: 60

ranged.gifRanged: 66

slayer.gifSlayer: 56

strength.gifStrength: 76

summoning.gifSummoning: 55

agility.gifAgility: 50

construction.gifConstruction: 50

cooking.gif Cooking: 99

crafting.gifCrafting: 64

farming.gifFarming: 68

firemaking.gifFiremaking: 71

fishing.gifFishing: 68

fletching.gifFletching: 77

herblore.gifHerblore: 51

hunter.gifHunter: 57

mining.gifMining: 70

runecrafting.gifRunecrafting: 50

smithing.gifSmithing: 60

thieving.gifThieving: 68

woodcutting.gifWoodcutting: 80[/hide]

[hide=Quests]quest.gifQuest Points: 204/285[/hide]

GOALS

[hide=Current 99 Goal]Current 99 Goal: 99 woodcutting

Serpent_Eye.png

Serpent_Eye.png

Serpent_Eye.png

Serpent_Eye.png

Serpent_Eye.png

Serpent_Eye.png

Serpent_Eye.png[/hide]

[hide=Past Goals/Achievements]

• All Skills 50+ (Accomplished 7/18/09)
  • 99 Cooking (Accomplished 6/12/09)
  • 100 Combat (Accomplished 6/03/09)
  • 75 Attack (Accomplished 5/07/09)
  • 90 Cooking (Accomplished 5/01/09)
  • 80 Cooking (Accomplished 4/06/09)
  • 1500 Total Milestone (Accomplished 4/05/09)
  • 1494 Total Milestone (Accomplished 04/02/09)
  • Completed Monkey Madness/Acquired Dragon scimitar
  • Completed Fremennik Trials/Acquired Helm of Neitiznot (Accomplished 3/16/09)
  • 66 Magic (Accomplished 3/12/09)
  • 70 Fletching (Accomplished 3/11/09)
  • 75 Woodcutting (Accomplished 03/08/09)
  • 1400 Total Milestone (Accomplished on 2/19/09)
  • 68 Fishing (Accomplished 02/10/09)

[/hide]

OTHER

[hide=Manage Thy Kingdom Totals]Because I have no life, I keep track of these things! Total results are from 12/06/08 to present. I will do my best to update this section at the end of every month.

Birds' Nests: 312

Boots: 60

Caskets: 446

Clue Scrolls: 32

Coal: 20,922

Diamonds: 35

Emeralds: 253

Flax: 79,957

Gloves: 60

Birds' Eggs: 13

Herbs: 68

Seeds: 128

Loop Half of Key: 12

Mahogony Logs: 0

Maple Logs: 31,816

Rubies: 129

Sapphires: 485

Swordfish: 20,786

Teak Logs: 0

Tooth Half of Key: 9

Tuna: 74,657

Updated 07/22/09[/hide]

PICTURES

TIP.IT FORUMS

[hide=Topics of Interest]So, this section is to just point out some topics/Forums that I find really interesting! If you haven't checked them out, you should give them a peek!

§ The Great Tip Pic of 2009! § ~ Version 1 Released! ~ I'm in Row 10, Column 6 (next to smelly Sman25000 <3)

Guide to the Revenants - Survival & Combat

Mother Gaia: An In-Depth Manual to Farming

Pictures of those TIFers! ~All NEW!~

Post your Evil tree Sapling Hints! All Locations Thanks!

Website Updates & Corrections This is one of my favorite Subforums to visit! It's really cool; if you haven't, you should check it out. They have a topic with "Crewbie missions;" basically, they're asking for our help to track down pictures of certain items! When new updates/items/quests are released, do your part and lend a hand by taking pictures and gathering info! [/forum plug]

What movie(s) did you last see?[/hide]

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

[hide=Acknowledgements]Dis be under constructionz[/hide]

- - -

Well, there it is! A somewhat simple blog, I know. I'll do my best to keep it updated frequently, and stick in a few screen-caps and pictures every now and then.

If you have any suggestions for things I should add, or words of encouragement, please feel free to PM me on TIF, leave posts here, or PM me in-game: Serpent_Eye (Private chat is on 99.9% of the time.)

Thank you for reading!

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there Serp. :D

Good to see you finally have a blog. I'm thinking of making one too. Blog buddies! :P Anyway, I might be able to think up a more original name for your blog. I mean, c'mon, you're not as mean as a serpent is, and you're definitely only one person. ;)

I'll check on this daily. Now lemme read this thing! Cya laters. ::'

r2kuft.gif

Click Here for my RSOF 99 Construction G&A thread! Post your support!

Nice levels and blog! We are alot alike (i've played rs for 7 years and im only level 43 :lol: )

Is Back After About 2 Months!!

75 WOODCUTTING | 50 CRAFTING | 82 COOKING| 61 Fishing | 48 Combat

OUR MAIN JOB IS NOT TO SEE WHAT LIES DIMLY IN THE DISTANCE, BUT TO DO WHAT LIES CLEARLY AT HAND

KEEPING A SECRET WITH THREE PEOPLE IS OK, IF TWO OF THEM ARE DEAD.

....IM NOT CRAZY, IM JUST A LITTLE.....CUT OFF FROM THE SANE WORLD.......

Nice levels and blog! We are alot alike (i've played rs for 7 years and im only level 43 :lol: )

Thank you! Well, the one aspect of the whole game that I really dislike is combat... so it's a wonder in itself that I'm level 93 :lol: I'd rather sell my account than work on combat ;-; I am getting more into working on leveling my stats though... I'm kind of tired of them being low-ish.

- - -

Uploaded a few Treasure Trail reward pictures.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Haha, just like me, rs wise. I've been playing for about 4 years and my highest skill (besides firemaking) is woodcutting at 77. I normally don't one thing for very long (except firemaking for the past few weeks, I really like the skill so I want it to be my first 99 =D) and I absolutely love farming, even though no one else i have on my friend list does.

Good luck with your goals. =)

Kibbeh.png

99 Firemaking-Quest Cape-99 Cooking

Dragon Skirt x3, Dragon Legs x2, Dragon Med Helm x1, Black Mask x1

thieving.gif52 Thieving

woodcutting.gif 73 Woodcutting

cooking.gif 67 Cooking

firemaking.gif65 Firemaking

^^; I feel much accomplished.

I'm currently working on fishing 1.6k Lobster... it'll get me to my goal of 68 Fishing, and cooking them will push me up to 70 Cooking ^^

Just slightly boring standing in Catherby all night long >.<

Edit: I forgot to post it in my update a day or so ago, but I also got:

hunter.gif45 Hunter

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Well well here is moi, doing a random search on my username (Yes yes, vanity gets you nowhere but I do like to see what's been said about me ;)) and I find this!

Thanks for the mention and anytime you need (or just plain want to) borrow anything you know where I am ;)

Must meet up at some point with my clan for a game of SW. Most or my clan are about 115+ and some higher so it'll be fun :D

Well well here is moi, doing a random search on my username (Yes yes, vanity gets you nowhere but I do like to see what's been said about me ;)) and I find this!

Thanks for the mention and anytime you need (or just plain want to) borrow anything you know where I am ;)

Must meet up at some point with my clan for a game of SW. Most or my clan are about 115+ and some higher so it'll be fun :D

I thought I smelled a rat! <3:

Thanks for visiting my blawg, Mayhem. I may hit you up for your Dragon plate once more :P Just for fun.

And I don't know what clan you're in! I'm sure it's fun... if you have a matching combat level :? Me only this many! *holds up ninety-four fingers*

(Hope your WCing is going swell!)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

That's how I found this thread :lol:

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

*Waves* Hullo!

A rat or several? *Looks at her cages*

My d pl8 is your d pl8! It's going up and down sooo much >.<

My clan ain't a proper registered clan, but they are friendly and you'd make a great fragment collector while they defend the obelisk! If, that is, they fix the glitch that makes me hit 0s all the time so I can PLAY!

WCing has been back burnered while I slay :D

grats on your lvls there!!

Today was a nice day, for me having been so lazy!

My accomplishments today:

slayer.gif46 Slayer (finally)

defence.gif71 Defense

ranged.gif 62 Ranged

attack.gif 73 Attack

combat.gif 95 Combat

Woohoo! I'm proud of myself because I really loathe combat-related training, and all of my levels today were combat-related :]

Also, I hit up the Warriors Guild and got a few more Rune defenders, aaaaaaaand this little reward from a Clue the Cyclops dropped:

2-21-09.gif

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

farming.gif63 Farming

General Blog Updates

I added a bunch of small icons to my skills, as well as to my daily skill-level updates.

I also updated my MTK Results for the month of February.

I'm going to continue working on adding some more icons, and trying to jazz the blog up in general.

Cheerio!

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Do you want me to fully transparentize those images in your banner?

Unless the gray background is part of the style :P

Like I said before, this blog is really nicely done. :thumbup: Good luck!

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!