70 Prayer. Worth it?

CastleWars3

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I don't team bosses, and I find 70 prayer very worth it.

Wow 5% more boost per special (than chivalry) at the cost of 3.5m?

Surely is worth it.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I don't team bosses, and I find 70 prayer very worth it.

Wow 5% more boost per special (than chivalry) at the cost of 3.5m?

Surely is worth it.

Its not just for the piety pray, you will get too 10 more pray points, which means less prayer pots used...

Don't listen to this guy, worths to get.

pinguim0310.png

Yes, it is worth it, unless it's your life savings, which I don't think it is

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

it really worth it! 1.thank to piety u can max out the xp/h when u train at zombies(the 5%def is realy usefull if u dotn have bunyip) and 2. just as previous poster said u have got 10more pray points so less pots used, longer trips at metal drags for example

btw, you dont have to do it all with dbones on guilded altar. just do all the easy and medium diaries and use the xp lamps on prayer=> 57k pray xp=455k

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

I think so. Luckily I had 70 prayer banked just before piety came out and the bones skyrocketed.

I know I owned the rune pures in the wildy that week. I could hit just as high as them and I had 80 defense plus a 20% prayer.

I don't know if it's as valuable in the game now, but I'd expect monster hunting or pvp worlds would make it a necessity.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

It's still only 5% more than chivalry, and I dont really use chivalry. Plus the expense of the prayer potions used because "pietying while training makes it awesome" or something.

I only chivalry specs when I remember, meaning I use a pray pot (3) per task.

Down the road I plan on 70 prayer, but seriously, its too flashy for something i dont need.

(yes i know its not about me. I still find both 60 and 70 really not that great)

I dont need a siggy no moar.

A lot of people have 70 prayer (125,000+) and I'm positive they don't all boss hunt. I'd get it.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

If you don't find yourself using prayer a lot, then obviously it's not going to be worth it. But if you use prayer and prayer potions a lot and don't have another skill that you would rather spend 3.5m on then why not get it?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I was wondering the same question not too long ago, but now that I have 70 prayer I can tell you that yes 70 Prayer is definitely worth it.

Why? You ask? Well:

- you can bless gravestones ( ideal for joining an monster hunting team )

- Piety, a great prayer that gives you a great bonus that you can use to train at such places that is near an altar such as Monkey Guards)

- longer lasting prayer

And thats just some of the many reasons :thumbsup:

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Yes, it's definitely worth it. Piety is very powerful, it's good to be able to bless gravestones instead of just repairing them, it lets you pray for longer without recharging, and the Enhanced Excalibur's special attack is essentially a super defence potion crossed with a Void Spinner. I use my new Excalibur when I kill waterfiends--it's a guaranteed 20 hp per spec bar, a fine budget alternative to the SGS. (Piety is also good at waterfiends.)

You definitely don't need to be teaming bosses for piety to be useful. Just between the jade vine, the phoenix, and Bork, I use piety frequently on a day-to-day basis, and it definitely makes those events faster. You can also get a significant xp/hr increase in melee training, especially if you use armoured zombies, where piety can already be used for free thanks to the nearby altar.

Piety is also a strong advantage when meleeing in a PvP situation.

And think about it. What else are you going to spend that cash on that would be more useful? Luxury items like Bandos or dragon armour or a Saradomin Sword or a Godsword all are less effective than using budget gear with Piety. The dragon bones for 70 prayer are probably a far better use of your money than anything else you could buy.