AD Refreshment

Gandorf61

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Simple Rant that I think no one will disagree with (And if you do just for the sake of it then =P).

My rant is ever since I have gone back to F2P for a couple of weeks I realize how much I want members again (I'm getting it back soon), and now because of this annoyance I want it more than ever.

Unlike some people I do not block ads. I leave them there and let them take up a fairly big portion of my widescreen monitor That's not my problem though.

The thing I hate is that when you are typing something and press backspace to correct a typo the ad often picks that moment to change or refresh and instead of deleting my typo I just go back to the RS main page like if I press that back button on my browser. think that somehow Jagex should make it so the ads don't disable the game (meaning you have to click on the in game screen to use the controls like camera or chat) or do something it help prevent this.

So far today it's happened to me three times. Don't know if I'm just unlucky or if it is my fault.

One way I thought I could fix it myself is by disabling backspace as the "back button" for the browser. Is there anyway to do this in Firefox?

Hopefully someone else also knows what I mean.

1. Get Firefox

2. Go to the address bar

3. Type "about:config"

4. Search for "browser.backspace_action"

5. Right-click > Modify

6. Change the value to 0

7. Click OK

8. Backspace no longer functions as a page-back key.

Thank you so much!

If I want the backspace to function again I just change the value back to how it was before right?

1. Get Firefox

2. Go to the address bar

5. Right-click > Modify

6. Change the value to 0

7. Click OK

Thank you so much!

If I want the backspace to function again I just change the value back to how it was before right?

Yes. Just be careful when using about:config, it's easy to mess things up there.

Game_Proffy.png

The thing I hate is that when you are typing something and press backspace to correct a typo the ad often picks that moment to change or refresh and instead of deleting my typo I just go back to the RS main page like if I press that back button on my browser. think that somehow Jagex should make it so the ads don't disable the game (meaning you have to click on the in game screen to use the controls like camera or chat) or do something it help prevent this.

This happens to me SO MANY TIMES when I'm warring/pking with my clan on F2P. It is the biggest annoyance ever. Not to mention when I'm on my range pure, Dorelei.

Makes me want to scream >_<'

And I realize a solution for Firefox users has been posted...but since it's too easy to make a typo and have everything asplode on your face, I'd prefer not to change it.

hzvjpwS.gif

1. Get Firefox

2. Go to the address bar

5. Right-click > Modify

6. Change the value to 0

7. Click OK

I tried this, it had the value on 0 already and my backspace still functions as a page-back key. :?

OT: Yeah, it's very annoying, though I can usually prevent this by clearing the cache after I enter the game.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

This happens to me SO MANY TIMES when I'm warring/pking with my clan on F2P. It is the biggest annoyance ever. Not to mention when I'm on my range pure, Dorelei.

Makes me want to scream >_<'

And I realize a solution for Firefox users has been posted...but since it's too easy to make a typo and have everything asplode on your face, I'd prefer not to change it.

It's not THAT dangerous. And really, it's just changing a 1 to a 0.

Game_Proffy.png

I've got adblock plus installed... I manually changed it to allow adverts from jagex. TBH I really wanted to delete that exception, but I figure that's how I pay my dues on F2P.

I'll try the config thing though... we'll see what happens.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

1. Get Firefox

2. Go to the address bar

5. Right-click > Modify

6. Change the value to 0

7. Click OK

You are my new best friend. I made my value -1 ::'

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I've got adblock plus installed... I manually changed it to allow adverts from jagex. TBH I really wanted to delete that exception, but I figure that's how I pay my dues on F2P.

I'll try the config thing though... we'll see what happens.

I have adblock plus too but I prefer to play by the rules and not vlock the ads. It just seems fair to Jagex for giving such so much for free.