F2P Mage and range underpowered

quelmotz

Compfreak is certain that Jagex is a company hellbent on making profits and only profits.

Profits are only part of the entire story. Profits may be a motivating factor in updating F2P (In order to draw in more members), but that's not the only reason they update it. Another reason they would update F2P, aside from profits, is simply because they see that F2P has many things wrong with it (I.e. broken mechanics) and that they need to fix them because they like to see people who play their game have fun. Fun is a foreign concept to Compfreak, I guess. God forbid Jagex actually does things they like without a motivation for profit.

You'll see. Magic will be updated, I'm sure of it. And I will smile with triumph when it is. Compfreak will say that this is Jagex's way of drawing in members. I will laugh and say it's because Jagex actually cares for the F2P part of their community.

You have completely ignored my posts. Your trying to argue that because a mage loses to a meleer twice his combat level, magic is underpowered. Sorry, but only the levels that affect your combat count.

And he still doesn't see how the above statement is complete nonsense. Oh well, you win some you lose some. Can't debate a parrot like Compfreak.

I won't intrude in this thread any longer. I've said what I've had to say, and seeing as how none of what I've said has been successfully shot down, I take my leave.

I do hope I've pissed Compfreak off a bit, though. If not, I'll try harder next time. :)

final.gif

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you two just cut it out? If f2p mage is underpowered, who would want it to be that way? And don't tell me "you don't pay so you don't get updates". As Elusefelier has already mentioned, updates that balance out f2p mage will attract more f2pers to use mage. And if we give mage an incomplete spellbook or a spellbook that has a lot of attractive spells but the powerful ones are all members, f2p mages WILL think about subscribing to p2p, because of the dangerous/powerful spells/nice equipment/etc. Jagex should have more advertisements like giving some information on certain spells, for example "fire blitz max damage 30, a very accurate and deadly spell used for roasting opponents" or something along the lines of that. This will entice f2pers into subscribing for p2p.

If f2p was just a boring game (like it is now), many f2pers will not think about subscribing for p2p as they are too bored about f2p. By the time a f2p player reaches lvl 60-70, for example, they probably wouldn't want to play f2p anymore due to the severe lack of f2p updates. However, they might not want to get p2p yet due to their levels not being high enough or whatever other reason. They might also think it is wasteful of money to train easy to train skills in p2p, and continue to play f2p. Therefore, they do not subscribe to p2p yet. And if they have nothing else that is remotely interesting in f2p, they will quit RS, making Jagex lose a customer with a VERY HIGH POTENTIAL of subscribing to p2p.

And for god's sake, compfreak and howbadisbad, Jagex themselves mentioned that

F2P IS NOT A DEMO!!

F2p is an independent game, and p2p is more like a huge expansion pack. Therefore, f2p deserves updates, but I am not begging Jagex to update f2p like once fortnightly or whatever. An update, however small, to f2p once every two months or so would be more than enough. And huge updates can take half a year for all I care. I just want good and sensible updates to balance out f2p mage. What is wrong with that, I ask. And please don't skim over the whole thing. I know its long, it looks like a huge wall of text, and seems boring, but READ BEFORE YOU REPLY.

FTP loses money. As an independant game it fails, and owuld be instantly shut down. FTP is supported by paying PTP membesr, and therefore exists only to reel in members, as Jagex is a business with the goal of making money. They can say whatever they want to to try and make people feel good, but at the end of the day it's the bottom line that matters.

Compfreak is certain that Jagex is a company hellbent on making profits and only profits.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=business

a person, partnership, or corporation engaged in commerce, manufacturing, or a service; profit-seeking enterprise or concern.

Profits are only part of the entire story. Profits may be a motivating factor in updating F2P (In order to draw in more members), but that's not the only reason they update it. Another reason they would update F2P, aside from profits, is simply because they see that F2P has many things wrong with it (I.e. broken mechanics) and that they need to fix them because they like to see people who play their game have fun. Fun is a foreign concept to Compfreak, I guess. God forbid Jagex actually does things they like without a motivation for profit.

I don't see "like to see people having fun" on that list. If they want to do that, why wouldn't they donate the money to a charity to help needy people instead of re balancing game mechanics? :roll:

I do hope I've pissed Compfreak off a bit, though. If not, I'll try harder next time. :)

I'm slightly pissed off that your stopping the debate, just when I had you struggling in the crushing grasp of reason -.-

Ah well, I'll recover. Hopefully I'll get into another debate with a stubborner person soon =P~

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

F2P IS NOT A DEMO!!

Even though it has the exact same characteristics as a demo of any other game in existance?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/demo%20version

A special version of a finished program (frequently with some features crippled) which is distributed at little or no cost to the user for enticement purposes.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I for one, wouldn't have made my pure member if f2p mage was balanced.

But i think it should be.

"Should be" from a players perspective and "should be" from a business perspective are very, very different. Sadly, Jagex is a business, not a charity.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I for one, wouldn't have made my pure member if f2p mage was balanced.

But i think it should be.

Jagex made 5$ because you wanted better high level spells.

This is what we are trying to say lol. =D>

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Yes, the sad affliction of liking magic, and not range/mage has meant i had to go down the path of membership.

The problem is, jagex said they wanted f2p to be a game in itself, not a demo, so magic SHOULD be balanced if they are going by what they said.

O.O

The problem is, jagex said they wanted f2p to be a game in itself, not a demo, so magic SHOULD be balanced if they are going by what they said.

Typical marketing BS. If it was a game by itself, it would be closed for loss of money. Games that lose companies large amounts of money are generally not updated to lose more money.

DeviledEgg24.png

Yes, the sad affliction of liking magic, and not range/mage has meant i had to go down the path of membership.

Let's buy some oxyclean guys! It says it gets out all the stains and does not screw up your clothes! :^o

arcane_stew.png

DeviledEgg24.png

I was under the impression false advertising would increase profits for a company, not decrease.

Falsely saying f2p should be a game in itself would make some people not buy member, not make f2p players buy member.

O.O

I was under the impression false advertising would increase profits for a company, not decrease.

Falsely saying f2p should be a game in itself would make some people not buy member, not make f2p players buy member.

Exactly, that's why they did it. But some people seem to think that the CEO is incapable of stretching the truth to generate profit like every other company.

DeviledEgg24.png

Yes, but how would saying f2p is a game in itself, encourage people to join members?

By portraying Jagex in a good light. Good PR is an essential part of every company.

DeviledEgg24.png

Yes, but portraying itself as a good company, aka f2p loving company, they may actually lose members because f2p players may think they will get more updates.

Members won't switch because Jagex says that sometime off in the future they intend to update FTP; they'll switch if Jagex DOES update FTP - which they, quite obviously, won't.

DeviledEgg24.png

And if they don't all that will happen is f2p players get pissed off.

Which no one will notice, because that's how they always are. And since they provide no revenue, Jagex could care less how many quit :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

So what if f2p has all the characteristics of a demo? Jagex has already clearly stated that f2p is not a demo, but an independent version of the game. They make money from the member's game to update it. Nothing wrong with that. And why would Jagex false advertise if they're not going to gain anything from it? Do you think they're just trying to piss the members/f2pers off?

Compfreak, you're severely underestimating Jagex as a brutal and heartless company set up just to make money. Sure, that is one of their motives, but they are not, unlike some companies who try to get as much money as possible by hook or by crook.

So what if f2p has all the characteristics of a demo? Jagex has already clearly stated that f2p is not a demo, but an independent version of the game. They make money from the member's game to update it. Nothing wrong with that. And why would Jagex false advertise if they're not going to gain anything from it? Do you think they're just trying to piss the members/f2pers off?

Did you really just skip the past 2 pages of discussion? Please go back and read viewtopic.php?f=66&t=784101&start=320, you might find it very enlightening.

Compfreak, you're severely underestimating Jagex as a brutal and heartless company set up just to make money. Sure, that is one of their motives, but they are not, unlike some companies who try to get as much money as possible by hook or by crook.

At the end of the day, a company is designed to make money. If they produce a large profit, they can reinvest it in members to make the game even better, snowballing into an immense, awesome game. Pouring money into a large hole labeled "FTP" isn't a part of that plan.

DeviledEgg24.png

I'm sick of arguing about all this crap about f2p and p2p. Its all because of that idiot howbadisbad that sparked off a huge debate that wastes space, time and effort.

You win. I don't care what crap you say about jagex never going to update f2p in such a way that they won't gain money from it.

I'm sick of arguing about all this crap about f2p and p2p. Its all because of that idiot howbadisbad that sparked off a huge debate that wastes space, time and effort.

You win. I don't care what crap you say about jagex never going to update f2p in such a way that they won't gain money from it.

But I like debates :(

DeviledEgg24.png

... :roll: :roll:

... :roll: :roll:

You went with the argument and lost. How does this make me an idiot? :shame:

arcane_stew.png