F2P Mage and range underpowered

quelmotz

And this has what to do with my above quote?

I said 150 combined attack and str is rougly equavalent to 99 mage/range, you never mentioned that anywhere in your post.

um.... Did you not see that I said my bro is 70 str and 78 attack? And he is still 4 Levels Higher than my 92 range? Also, I have melee stats and my combat is melee based (the combat calculator told me) So my 70 attack and str are worth more combat than my 92 range.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use the combat calculator.

Type in any random stats except for atk, str, range and mage.

Now type in 99 mage and range. You will need rougely 148 atk and str levels for the next level.

Now type in 75 atk and str. Then you type in 99 mage and range, and you see no combat level change.

O.O

Now type in 99 mage and range. You will need rougely 148 atk and str levels for the next level.

Now type in 75 atk and str. Then you type in 99 mage and range, and you see no combat level change.

ok I put in 99 mage with 78 hp and got 66 cb

Put in 75 attk 75 str and 70 def 70 hp and 34 prayer (for ult str of course) and I got 90 combat.

Since mage does not need any prayer or defence for f2p it is still much lower

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Yea i know that, but assuming equivalent stats, 99 mage = 150 atk/str

And defense dose help, armor or not, you can always wear armor while casting, its not as if robes do anything.

Prayers not exactly useless either.

Yeah, do you (howbadisbad) know how to do an experiment or not? Did you fail your science? You only change one variable (ok in this case two, but it can be still counted as 1 because its melee). Prayer, defence, ranged, summoning, etc etc etc etc etc. remains the same. You don't have to argue about this. Its obvious, as Estorrath pointed out, defence is useful, whether you like it or not, for mages. And you mentioned "superhuman strength" for melee. Does that mean mages MUST get "mystic might" a level 44 (??) or so prayer? Applause =D> for your highly bias thinking.

And defense dose help, armor or not, you can always wear armor while casting, its not as if robes do anything.

Yeah, do you (howbadisbad) know how to do an experiment or not? Did you fail your science? You only change one variable (ok in this case two, but it can be still counted as 1 because its melee). Prayer, defence, ranged, summoning, etc etc etc etc etc. remains the same. You don't have to argue about this. Its obvious, as Estorrath pointed out, defence is useful, whether you like it or not, for mages. And you mentioned "superhuman strength" for melee. Does that mean mages MUST get "mystic might" a level 44 (??) or so prayer? Applause =D> for your highly bias thinking.

You do not need mystic might when your opponet is -50 mage defence

arcane_stew.png

You do if they have a big enough brain to have 40 range, dragonhide, and some decent magic level (for mage def)

Thats like saying warriors don't need ultimate str because combat level wise, they are better off with more str until level 80+.

O.O

Put in 75 attk 75 str and 70 def 70 hp and 34 prayer (for ult str of course) and I got 90 combat.

Eh...

Plug in 70 defence and 34 prayer to the first set of stats (99/78) and see what happens. It's a surprise :D

Full rune has like -15 mage defence, not counting the defence bonus of amulet of power.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Eh...

Plug in 70 defence and 34 prayer to the first set of stats (99/78) and see what happens. It's a surprise :D

So its 99 mage, 78 hp, 34 pray, and 70 defence, i got level 89.

75 atk, 75 str, 70 def, 78 hp, 34 prayer got 90 combat.

Notice i said ROUGHLY equivalent, so I'm still correct, as its only a 1 level difference.

O.O

Same as saying you don't need superhuman strength when a 2h can hit far higher than magic? Don't be bias. We'll assume both have roughly equilavent other stats, as Estorrath did and proved you wrong.

Same as saying you don't need superhuman strength when a 2h can hit far higher than magic? Don't be bias. We'll assume both have roughly equilavent other stats, as Estorrath did and proved you wrong.

If mage got splitbark they would rule the meleers

Range would still own them tho.

I guess splitbark would be the thing that would make f2p mage more equal.

Sorry for being a nub :twss:

arcane_stew.png

If mage got splitbark they would rule the meleers

That's the intended way the Combat Triangle is SUPPOSED to be... :roll: :roll:

Range would still own them tho.

I guess splitbark would be the thing that would make f2p mage more equal.

Throw snare, a few harder-hitting higher level spells in and f2p mage is more or less balanced.

Sorry for being a nub :twss:

Now you realise it... :roll:

• 1 month later...

Howdisbad and Quelmotz, please stick to the topic at hand. If you find a signature that is too big, you may send the user a PM informing them of that OR submit a report.

Remain on topic, please.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Howdisbad and Quelmotz, please stick to the topic at hand. If you find a signature that is too big, you may send the user a PM informing them of that OR submit a report.

Remain on topic, please.

You must have missed the many bumps made by the OP, though...

OP: I think that Melee is stronger than Mage and Ranging, but I think it was a balancing factor by Jagex because it takes attack and strength to train. Also, Mage maxes out at level 59, and there isn't new spells unless you get members. Even if they do get new armor, it would still be weaker than Melee.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Actually, melee isnt really much better than range in p2p.

The thing about melee is, its actually EASIER to train than range and mage(in my opinion).

Ok, because its split into 2 stats, combat-level wise, its easier to train than range. For example, whats easier to get, 99 range, or 75 attack and strength (which is equavalent to 99 range.

I find with even my stats, in which i have 50 attack and 67 strength (melee based) to balance it out i need 80 range, whats easier, 50 attack and 67 str, or 80 range?

Sure maxing outs harder, but otherwise...

O.O

Remain on topic, please.

You must have missed the many bumps made by the OP, though...

OP: I think that Melee is stronger than Mage and Ranging, but I think it was a balancing factor by Jagex because it takes attack and strength to train. Also, Mage maxes out at level 59, and there isn't new spells unless you get members. Even if they do get new armor, it would still be weaker than Melee.

Bumping is not unrelated to the topic.

Though it isn't directly related though.

Back on topic, melee is amazingly easy to train in f2p. Mage requires tons of cash and quite a lot of time to train in f2p, and ranged is slow if you're cheap. It can be fast, but you'll have to spend a lot of cash on it.

Remain on topic, please.

Not to try and object to your decision, but it was Sadukar123 or Estorrath or Howbadisbad who started it.

I couldn't remember since the posts were deleted.

The thing about melee is, its actually EASIER to train than range and mage(in my opinion).

Ok, because its split into 2 stats, combat-level wise, its easier to train than range. For example, whats easier to get, 99 range, or 75 attack and strength (which is equavalent to 99 range.

I find with even my stats, in which i have 50 attack and 67 strength (melee based) to balance it out i need 80 range, whats easier, 50 attack and 67 str, or 80 range?

and 99 range >>>>>> 75 attack and str with no contest whatsoever lol

arcane_stew.png

and 99 range >>>>>> 75 attack and str with no contest whatsoever lol

Ok...

• 1 month later...
Range > Melee in FTP, don't know what on earth you are talking about. For its level, magic >> melee in FTP. That being said, higher level mage spells would be nice for FTP, but that can't be done without all of the rest of the book being opened.

You. Are. INSANE.

Mage > melee? Rofl. When I"m hybriding and in mage gear, the 80s see me and immediately run over, thinking "It's a mage, he can't hit for bleep." I swap to range gear and they book it before my bow's even equipped.

d9f84e76d7.png

Quel, not to get off topic or anything but you tell people to let threads die and then you bump your own thread? -.- Seriously?

Not trying to boast or anything (and many people would agree too), but my thread at least has DISCUSSION VALUE, like it or not. Those threads are spam that doesn't have much/not even a bit of discussion value.

And I've already stopped bumping it, so let bygones be bygones, ok?

Range > Melee in FTP, don't know what on earth you are talking about. For its level, magic >> melee in FTP. That being said, higher level mage spells would be nice for FTP, but that can't be done without all of the rest of the book being opened.

You. Are. INSANE.

Mage > melee? Rofl. When I"m hybriding and in mage gear, the 80s see me and immediately run over, thinking "It's a mage, he can't hit for bleep." I swap to range gear and they book it before my bow's even equipped.

He means for its level.

As in, 1-60 mage, not when you have 99 mage and still hit the same as you did with 60. -.-

O.O

Quel, not to get off topic or anything but you tell people to let threads die and then you bump your own thread? -.- Seriously?

Not trying to boast or anything (and many people would agree too), but my thread at least has DISCUSSION VALUE, like it or not. Those threads are spam that doesn't have much/not even a bit of discussion value.

But you did that to your own "nerf abyssal whip thread" as well... o.O

But you did that to your own "nerf abyssal whip thread" as well... o.O

I didn't even bump that thread once. Too many idiots were flaming me, so I had no need to bump it.

And it was Estorrath who bumped it back up, not me. I was telling him not to bump it.