F2P Mage and range underpowered

quelmotz

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick of arguing about all this crap about f2p and p2p. Its all because of that idiot howbadisbad that sparked off a huge debate that wastes space, time and effort.

You win. I don't care what crap you say about jagex never going to update f2p in such a way that they won't gain money from it.

But I like debates :(

... :roll: :roll:

You went with the argument and lost. How does this make me an idiot? :shame:

This is because YOU started the whole flame war. F2Pers > P2Pers in terms of maturity and respect. :shame:

---

On-Topic: F2P Magic needs some new spells. Although it is good at the lower levels, it sucks at the higher ones.

Give them snare, the wave spells, and the -10% curse spells. (Now THAT ought to give bloods and souls a demand :P )

MAYBE battlestaves but I'm not so sure whether this might be overpowering or not.

To balance this, give F2P Yew Bows and Rune Arrows. It's so that Mages don't overpower Rangers.

MAYBE Snakeskin Boots (plus whole set for Level 30 Rangers) but since a lot of members are using these I'm not so sure.

(Again, Yew Bows demand :P )

Just so that Rangers don't overpower Meleers, give F2P boots up to rune. It's for defence bonus, and it's the only part missing from my full rune set. MAYBE claws, spears and halberds up to rune but I'm not so sure about that. (Demand purposes for boots/claws/spears/halberds.)

What SHOULDN'T be given:

-Teleother. If they did, noobs would teleport me to Falador when I least expect it. :shame:

-Better armor. RC robes are good enough, better dragonhide isn't needed, and nothing more for melee.

-Darts, Knives, Throwing Axes, Javelins, Crossbows, etc. I like bows just the way they are. Plus those would make F2P range training too cheap.

-Gloves. It's meant as a reward after Recipe for Disaster. Gauntlets are better anyway. :roll:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'm sick of arguing about all this crap about f2p and p2p. Its all because of that idiot howbadisbad that sparked off a huge debate that wastes space, time and effort.

You win. I don't care what crap you say about jagex never going to update f2p in such a way that they won't gain money from it.

But I like debates :(

... :roll: :roll:

You went with the argument and lost. How does this make me an idiot? :shame:

This is because YOU started the whole flame war. F2Pers > P2Pers in terms of maturity and respect. :shame:

---

On-Topic: F2P Magic needs some new spells. Although it is good at the lower levels, it sucks at the higher ones. Please, every time I got to a F2P GE it makes my brain melt.

Give them snare, the wave spells, and the -10% curse spells. (Now THAT ought to give bloods and souls a demand :P )

MAYBE battlestaves but I'm not so sure whether this might be overpowering or not.

No.

To balance this, give F2P Yew Bows and Rune Arrows. It's so that Mages don't overpower Rangers.

Buddy, I guess you don't know Rangers have the highest DPS.

MAYBE Snakeskin Boots (plus whole set for Level 30 Rangers) but since a lot of members are using these I'm not so sure.

No.

Just so that Rangers don't overpower Meleers, give F2P boots up to rune. It's for defence bonus, and it's the only part missing from my full rune set. MAYBE claws, spears and halberds up to rune but I'm not so sure about that. (Demand purposes for boots/claws/spears/halberds.)

Yeah you can get that, might make the price rise so it's worth camping at Nechryaels.

What SHOULDN'T be given:

-Teleother. If they did, noobs would teleport me to Falador when I least expect it. :shame:

It's called turn off aid...

-Better armor. RC robes are good enough, better dragonhide isn't needed, and nothing more for melee.

I see we are on the same boat.

-Darts, Knives, Throwing Axes, Javelins, Crossbows, etc. I like bows just the way they are. Plus those would make F2P range training too cheap.

-Gloves. It's meant as a reward after Recipe for Disaster. Gauntlets are better anyway. :roll:

Yeaaaah...No. Gloves have better attack stats.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

---

On-Topic: F2P Magic needs some new spells. Although it is good at the lower levels, it sucks at the higher ones. Please, every time I got to a F2P GE it makes my brain melt. You haven't responded to the spells I suggested.

No. That's why I said "maybe" for battlestaves.

Buddy, I guess you don't know Rangers have the highest DPS. Your "highest DPS" is only applicable if the opponent is no-arming. When I wear Full Rune, Rangers seem to hit me less often. (At least in Clan Wars FFA)

No. Not saying that it will be certain...

Yeah you can get that, might make the price rise so it's worth camping at Nechryaels. Glad someone agrees on this one.

What SHOULDN'T be given:

It's called turn off aid... If a noob teleothered all the people who are air assisting on World 16, that would be a disaster.

Yeaaaah...No. Gloves have better attack stats. Yet gauntlets have a strength bonus.

My comments are in italic.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

---

On-Topic: F2P Magic needs some new spells. Although it is good at the lower levels, it sucks at the higher ones. Please, every time I got to a F2P GE it makes my brain melt. You haven't responded to the spells I suggested. I'm not arguing because when it depends what level you compare to. A level 59 spell to a maxed melee won't compare obviously.

No. That's why I said "maybe" for battlestaves. They are what people use for alching, that's why.

Buddy, I guess you don't know Rangers have the highest DPS. Your "highest DPS" is only applicable if the opponent is no-arming. When I wear Full Rune, Rangers seem to hit me less often. (At least in Clan Wars FFA)

No. Not saying that it will be certain...

Yeah you can get that, might make the price rise so it's worth camping at Nechryaels. Glad someone agrees on this one.

What SHOULDN'T be given:

It's called turn off aid... If a noob teleothered all the people who are air assisting on World 16, that would be a disaster. If they want to waste their runes (Oh 600gp a cast or so right now, more when Soul runes are f2P) let them.

Yeaaaah...No. Gloves have better attack stats. Yet gauntlets have a strength bonus.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?item1=4675&item2=7426&rs2item_tools=&compare=&submit=Compare

That's just rune, Dragon's even more pathetic.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?item1=4675&item2=7427&rs2item_tools=&compare=&submit=Compare

My comments are in italic.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

---

On-Topic: F2P Magic needs some new spells. Although it is good at the lower levels, it sucks at the higher ones.

What SHOULDN'T be given:

I agree with magic suggestions, except battlestaves won't help at all.

I don't agree to giving range yew bows, they are good enough as it is.

Gauntlets suck for mages, so i dont know what crack your on but its not legal.

O.O

---

What SHOULDN'T be given:

I agree with magic suggestions, except battlestaves won't help at all. It's just giving F2P more mage weapon variety.

I don't agree to giving range yew bows, they are good enough as it is. I only placed it AFTER the mage update so F2P mages don't overpower F2P rangers. Besides Yew Bows are a level 40 weapon. Matches with level 40 green dragonhide. :P

Gauntlets suck for mages, so i dont know what crack your on but its not legal. Safety gloves are better for mages. I meant gauntlets are better in the MELEE way, not the ranged or magic way. :roll:

I already stated, if Jagex were to update the F2P combat triangle, they would do it in this order (magic, range, then melee). It's not like I'm biased towards one side. :roll:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Safety gloves are better for mages. I meant gauntlets are better in the MELEE way, not the ranged or magic way. :roll:

Again you are wrong, safety gloves don't give any advantages to mage realistically.

But they are the best if you are below 50 RC though.

If you're over 50 RC, the Runecrafter Gloves are better.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Aside from the fact each pair is effectively worth 70-120k.

And, also because it requires 50 runecrafting, which isnt an easy feat even in p2p.

Gauntlets, comparatively are much easier to get AND have better bonuses, i think mage boosting gloves should be more readily available in f2p.

O.O

And, also because it requires 50 runecrafting, which isnt an easy feat even in p2p.

Gauntlets, comparatively are much easier to get AND have better bonuses, i think mage boosting gloves should be more readily available in f2p.

And what do you mean each pair is worth 70-120k? They're untradeable...

50 RC is quite fast in F2P if you do Body Tiaras. You need to have lots of money, though.

So I don't think F2P Mage needs any more new armor. Runecrafter already has the defence bonus, and it is one of the finest in F2P. Add the anti-dragon shield, and you get better defence bonuses. If F2P were to get new spells, they shouldn't get new mage robes.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

And if they don't all that will happen is f2p players get pissed off.

Which no one will notice, because that's how they always are. And since they provide no revenue, Jagex could care less how many quit :lol:

The fact is that all RS players advertise RS to their friends. Some of those friends start playing and some of them become members, so yes, F2P gives Jagex indirect revenue.

If the F2Per quits due to boredom, he will tell his friends how boring RS is, and his friends won't start playing. If they won't start playing, they won't become P2P either.

The majority of RS players are under-aged. If you are under-aged, you can't just become a member. You must have a permission of your parents first and some parents are against pay to play games.

If F2P had yew bows and rune arrows I would just go to F2P and kill all the nubs in full rune. :roll:

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

50 RC is quite fast in F2P if you do Body Tiaras. You need to have lots of money, though.

So I don't think F2P Mage needs any more new armor. Runecrafter already has the defence bonus, and it is one of the finest in F2P. Add the anti-dragon shield, and you get better defence bonuses. If F2P were to get new spells, they shouldn't get new mage robes.

Do you play GOP on a regular basis?

1000 tokens can be exchanged for 1k pure essence, effectively worth 120k in members worlds, in non members worlds, it can be traded in for water talismans, giving a profit of about 70 per point spent, and making it worth 70k.

All mage robes give tiny defense bonuses, though thats not needed as its the attack bonuses that count, they need slightly (slightly) better armor in the way of magic attack, and snare and wave spells.

Aside from that we all know how frustrating GOP can be.

O.O

1000 tokens can be exchanged for 1k pure essence, effectively worth 120k in members worlds, in non members worlds, it can be traded in for water talismans, giving a profit of about 70 per point spent, and making it worth 70k.

All mage robes give tiny defense bonuses, though thats not needed as its the attack bonuses that count, they need slightly (slightly) better armor in the way of magic attack, and snare and wave spells.

If mage had snare/wave spells, mages would dominate from level 70 and below.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

[hide=lots of quotes]

[/hide]

This can be easily solved by making the level requirements higher.

I'm fine with that. \'

What about just wave but no snare?

O.O

I'm fine with that. \'

What about just wave but no snare?

Nah, bind's duration is short enough.

Back on topic, mage needs some kind of GOOD armor that ISN'T Runecrafter's set. Don't try to argue pathetically by saying that RC robes are good enough. Sure, they're good enough but I don't see any melee/range armor that can only be attainable by obtaining 50 smithing or crafting repectively. And 50 smithing and crafting are not easy crap to train either. Therefore, there is a need for armor that does not require 50 RC. Melee and range has armor that does not require 50 smithing or crafting, so why doesn't mage have armor that does not require a high level in a hard to train skill? Don't go and say "FoG armor you noob!" or anything like that. If you even spend a BIT of time thinking, FoG armor is simply NOT worth it. You have to spend so much time FoGing just to get some crappy druidic robes that DETERIORATES and doesn't give much of an advantage. "Increase the chance of binding spells to hit" doesn't give a MASSIVE advantage and is not even an incentive to recharge the stupid armor.

I suggest splitbark armor, and POSSIBLY some kind of armor that requires lvl 30 mage or something like that.

Lunar Spellbook :twss:

What kind of crap is this? If you can't think of anything constructive to say, just shut up.

Oh yes, all of your posts were constructive. :roll:

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Lunar Spellbook :twss:

What kind of crap is this? If you can't think of anything constructive to say, just shut up.

Oh yes, all of your posts were constructive. :roll:

Quelmotz is the TC. Of course he has the right to get people off his thread.

Howbadisbad, if you don't shut up with your P2P crap, expect Quelmotz to get your posts deleted.

I already said, F2P >>>>>>>> P2P in terms of maturity and respect. And they have a better community.

Do NOT reply to this, or else a whole new flame war will just start. I'm looking at you, P2P freaks. :shame:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog