F2P Mage and range underpowered

quelmotz

1 more damage... you mean one more MAX damage. Melee hits constantly and quite high through dhide and even higher through mage armor. Mage fire blast wont hit constant 16s at 59 mage for goodness's sake. The spell will fail like hell because of your low mage. And it can also miss.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost? 20+k lifetime investment vs 20k just for a few hundred runes that cant even last for a half an hour?

And where did you get it that rune scim will hit less regularly than fire blast?? rune scimmy if faster, btw. Hint: damage per second

Ok then, my account at the moment has about 45 defence, 43 prayer, and 72 (73?) magic, Now this is significantly after magic maxes out.

Give me someone with 40-50 defence, 40-60 prayer, and 110 combined attack and strength, we must use our respective combat styles only, but you CAN use different armors.

After said person duels me, and wins, i will agree that mages need a boost in f2p. (like new armor, i already think new spells would determinately help)

O.O

Tanks max out at 122 combat in P2P, 109 combat in F2P. A maxed out tank ranger not using summoning will be able to be attacked by 125's.

If a tank goes for 99 defence, he will be 101 combat; hence why most tanks stick at slightly below. Check it out in the combat calculator. Summoning has no effect on PVP combat level, so I'm not quite sure where this '122 combat in PTP' is coming from.

Maxed out Tank: 99 Range, Mage, Hp, Prayer, Defence, Summoning.

In P2P, the tank may choose to use summoning in a PVP situation, making him/her 122 cb. If they opt to not use summoning, they will be 109 Combat. Where'd you get 101 from?

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

~Fire cape achieved at combat lvl 80~

BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~BLOG~blog~

You don't really need piety if your a tank ranger/mage

So remove the "maxed" prayer, and change it to 1 or 44.

Sorry, my bad. I forgot you were an expert on tanks, seeing as your main is one.

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

What makes you an expert.

Sorry, a tank ranger doesn't need 99 prayer, when you can quite easily finish most fights with 44, as getting above 44 doesn't give you any extra benefits aside from longer lasting prayers.

People seem to think you need to be something, to know about it. Don't exactly need cancer to be a doctor do you?

O.O

What makes you an expert.

Sorry, a tank ranger doesn't need 99 prayer, when you can quite easily finish most fights with 44, as getting above 44 doesn't give you any extra benefits aside from longer lasting prayers.

People seem to think you need to be something, to know about it. Don't exactly need cancer to be a doctor do you?

I apologize. Not like smite is very useful for getting good drops or owning stupid 1-itemers. Piety is worthless for surviving deep wilderness or bh when you're getting piled. I mean +25% def is a joke. And I guess you're right. Why drink prayer pots less often? So silly. Who doesn't love to pull out a weapon to KO, just to realize eagle eye is off? You know, hit a 50 instead of a 57? Or have your last prayer point run out during the last 15 seconds of your bh penalty?

Let's not forget GWD. Let's turn a 4 hour trip into a 2 hour one, because you ran out of super restores.

About your doctor comment: No, a doctor who treats cancer does not need to have had cancer. What they do need however, is experience with it. Although I own a pathetic lvl 88 tank (my main), it is still more than you have, as far as I can tell.

207pd9y.jpgHubs55.png

Well if you want to travel around in deep wilderness feel free, but if you pk in BH, or other crowded areas of PVP worlds you can quite easily bank more often for prayer pots.

Higher levels have very, very few 1 itemers, aside from that, you can always choose not to fight 1 itemers anyway.

Sometimes, you want to be a lower level, being level 44 or level 99 prayer could be the difference to being piled by a team of level 130's or level 120's and an extra 10 defense isn't going to save you.

And, even if not every range tank has level 44 prayer, and i admit some might have higher prayer, doesn't stop the fact that a great deal of range tanks end up with no more than 44 prayer.

O.O

You're getting off topic. We're talking about f2p here. I don't see how f2p can hit 50s or 57s or use piety or go to GWD either.

You already lost the FTP 'debate', we're trying to move it to PTP to keep some semblance of a discussion going.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Runescape is a medieval game. In the medieval period the most common fighting style was melee (swords, maces etc.)

Ranging was not as common but not as affective seeing how they could only be used for a short period of a battle.

So it's not that hard to realise why melee is more common.

If you want to talk about p2p, go make your own thread.

Do you have anything meaningful to add to the debate, or are you simply admitting yourself wrong and letting this thread die? We're trying to keep it going by mixing FTP and PTP, as there is simply no more to talk about with FTP - it's obvious that range and mage are more powerful.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Just because the medieval theme means melee should be more prominent than rangers/mages doesn't mean it should be that way in the game.

Jagex has a million things that have nothing to do with the whole "medieval" theme, to make the game better.

O.O

F2p mage and range being better? dream on. Mage in f2p is so EXPENSIVE and not really worth it compared to a meleer. At lvl 42-43 or whatever level, the mage wouldn't have anyone to pk in pvp worlds since all the meleers are still training and rangers are still very weak. Training def is pointless for a mage because meleers will just reap through their crappy armor.

Even if this is a medieval themed game, this doesn't mean melee should be better. After all, it is a GAME, not reality. And it is a fantasy game and there are many differences from medieval weaponry and armor. I mean-how can a whip be more powerful than a sword in medieval times?

We aren't arguing about cost, we're talking about power. I've used mage very, very effectively at level 40-45 in FTP, and a TON of people PK at that level. It's not that expensive, and it massively overpowers the other two combat styles. Range has the same isssue, vastly out hitting melee at equivilant levels.

Then again, how would you know? What experience do you have with a maxed range tank? I'm curious, since your range is currently unranked and your magic too low to even cast fire blast.

Why are we arguing about medieval themes? For heaven's sake, magic didn't exist in medieval times either; RS has nothing to do with what's better and what isn't. Why would the intestine of a demon be a better weapon then a godsword :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Cause its a pretty funky demon?

No demons in medieval times, I guess it's just an offshoot now that the debate slash thread has died :-#

DeviledEgg24.png

Cost is VERY important in Pvp. Will someone go pking in a party hat just to get drop potential? Obviously not. same scenario as in real life. If something is cheaper but slightly weaker (in the case of melee against a mage-only in lower levels), people will still use it. Its why there are so many meleers but not as much rangers/mages.

Lets just cut this crap about medieval times. RS is just a fantasy game.