TOTW: What do you look for in a clan site?

Dbzruler72

A good collection of streaming videos and pictures is a must, in my opinion. General information about the clan and some contact information (e.g. IRC information) is useful too. Overall, something that looks pretty professional and well done; not something made by a 13 year old.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

I don't look at the site at all, I look at the forums. I prefer certain packages to others, but the appearance of the forums isn't a huge issue for me if I already like the clan.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I usually am a sucker for things that look good, but are unneeded. I like it when you have shiny colours (yes, I do know I sound like I live in the mental ward), however not when you have tons of colours, or a load of kaleidoscopic images which will probably give you a seizure.

22031_s.gif

I think forums are more important than the actual websites, but I know mori has an impressive website aswell as large forums

That's true. The forums are the part that will be used, for the most part.

polvCwJ.gif

When a previous clan I helped lead closed a year ago, I basically had two choices: Dragonwood or The Moriquendi, both which I had a minor history with. However, I chose Mori because I enjoyed their forum layout more.

I prefer clean, sleek forums that aren't busy. A level of literacy. A touch of creativity. Our former leader, Jebra, designed the skin all by herself; and while I'm not a fan dark layouts (I enjoy Gladz's layout more than my own clan's, for example) it was done well. I also like it when the newsbox also isn't crammed pack with junk like war alerts, win records, and blinking/flashing marquees.

As for websites...we have one. I personally don't like it. Most websites for a runescape clan I don't like. Yes, even the most notable flash based websites. Impressive, but extraneous.

hzvjpwS.gif

I prefer a neat and professional look. I tend to not like "jpg-wrecked" webpages or ones that are full of flashing images.

Although, when done properly those can look quite appealing.

polvCwJ.gif

I don't look for clan sites at all :P I didn't look at corr's till at least a month after I had joined, and I've visted about twice since then for a total of 30 seconds.

Forums are where the meat of a clan are, and I do think the skins used are important. I don't really care about what a website looks like, you could function perfectly well without one.

look at di-rs.com:

it used to say "not going to put a lot here, nobody would read it anyway" and then have some links to their forums and a java applet to join their irc. They managed to be the #1 clan in runescape for a few years with that site :P

enzock.gif

Proud Leader of the Corruption Clan. PM me to set up a fight or for any queries relating to my clan.

I don't look for clan sites at all :P I didn't look at corr's till at least a month after I had joined, and I've visted about twice since then for a total of 30 seconds.

Forums are where the meat of a clan are, and I do think the skins used are important. I don't really care about what a website looks like, you could function perfectly well without one.

look at di-rs.com:

it used to say "not going to put a lot here, nobody would read it anyway" and then have some links to their forums and a java applet to join their irc. They managed to be the #1 clan in runescape for a few years with that site :P

Yeah, exactly. I can understand older clans having websites, for history and such, but there really isn't that much point overall.

polvCwJ.gif