How Many Ways Can You Say 'Hello World'?

InkofDeath

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I can say 'Hello World' 7 different ways. I think that's good but I and others are gonna get shot down by someone who comes and can say it 40+ unique ways.

& for a nearly complete list of all the ways to say it:

http://www.roesler-ac.de/wolfram/hello.htm

Just thought a fun centric topic would be good to get away from the help & advice, 'discussion' topics that we come by in here, and to know whose got the smallest life in real life.. :)

It's kind of awesome though to look through some of the languages and see the amount of 'complexity' or 'dynamics' that can go into creating 'Hello World'. Also a good reference if people bookmark that. Thank StumbleUpon for the link. =P

Thought this was worth sharing & discussing with the people in this forum, since we don't see enough of these kinds of topics. Shoot me later.

A professor of mine showed me a page that printed "Hello, world!" in eight or so different languages at the same time, depending on what language it was compiled in. (Hint: figure out what a comment line in one language (i.e. COBOL) means in another (i.e. C). It's a shame that I don't have the image, but if I get the chance to, I'll find it and post it here.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

HTML, Java, C++. Think that's it. I have written the most basic program which gave an output of 'Hello World' in those 3, I gave up on Java and C++ because I didn't really need to learn them, and I don't have the attention span. I'm no expert on HTML, come to think of it I haven't touched it in months now, same with CSS.

spacescenev24.jpg

In quite a few, but "Hello World" is the most simple bit and the first bit of code you learn in most languages.

I can code "Hello world" in 10 languages (could be more, but I've just counted 10 off the top of my head).

But out of those I would only be able to make a half way decent program (or page in the case of html, php and asp) in about 6 of them and of those I only like coding in 4 of those.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I hate programming but I can say it in 7 different languages.

Qbasic

Visual Basic

Javascript

C#

C++

HTML

php

I can't do much more than that in any of these languages. Programming is not my cup of tea.

goldenblade995.png