Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How Many Ways Can You Say 'Hello World'?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Guests cannot vote

InkofDeath
[ Display Name History ]

InkofDeath

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,918 posts
I can say 'Hello World' 7 different ways. I think that's good but I and others are gonna get shot down by someone who comes and can say it 40+ unique ways.

& for a nearly complete list of all the ways to say it:

http://www.roesler-a...lfram/hello.htm

Just thought a fun centric topic would be good to get away from the help & advice, 'discussion' topics that we come by in here, and to know whose got the smallest life in real life.. :)

It's kind of awesome though to look through some of the languages and see the amount of 'complexity' or 'dynamics' that can go into creating 'Hello World'. Also a good reference if people bookmark that. Thank StumbleUpon for the link. =P

Thought this was worth sharing & discussing with the people in this forum, since we don't see enough of these kinds of topics. Shoot me later.

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Makoto D
A professor of mine showed me a page that printed "Hello, world!" in eight or so different languages at the same time, depending on what language it was compiled in. (Hint: figure out what a comment line in one language (i.e. COBOL) means in another (i.e. C). It's a shame that I don't have the image, but if I get the chance to, I'll find it and post it here.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

pryomancer
[ Display Name History ]

pryomancer

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,561 posts
HTML, Java, C++. Think that's it. I have written the most basic program which gave an output of 'Hello World' in those 3, I gave up on Java and C++ because I didn't really need to learn them, and I don't have the attention span. I'm no expert on HTML, come to think of it I haven't touched it in months now, same with CSS.
Posted Image

dsavi
[ Display Name History ]

dsavi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,868 posts
I've written similar programs in PHP, HTML, Java, C, and JavaScript, I suppose.

C2b6gs7.png

kolko
[ Display Name History ]

kolko

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 368 posts
4 languages. Dutch, English, French and German :D
Posted Image

brainymidget
[ Display Name History ]

brainymidget

Retired TET Member

• Clan Official
  • 826 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Brainymidget
  • Clan:SoDB
I can do it in Html, javascript, php, C++, and in most of those there is more than just one way to write it. For example, you can use the cout command or the print command.
Posted Image
Posted Image

JoeDaStudd
[ Display Name History ]

JoeDaStudd

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,464 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:joe da studd
In quite a few, but "Hello World" is the most simple bit and the first bit of code you learn in most languages.

I can code "Hello world" in 10 languages (could be more, but I've just counted 10 off the top of my head).

But out of those I would only be able to make a half way decent program (or page in the case of html, php and asp) in about 6 of them and of those I only like coding in 4 of those.
Drops
Stats

InkofDeath
[ Display Name History ]

InkofDeath

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,918 posts

In quite a few, but "Hello World" is the most simple bit and the first bit of code you learn in most languages.

That's the entire point of the topic, lol.

blade995
[ Display Name History ]

blade995

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,897 posts
I hate programming but I can say it in 7 different languages.

Qbasic

Visual Basic

Javascript

C#

C++

HTML

php

I can't do much more than that in any of these languages. Programming is not my cup of tea.
Posted Image

Nero
[ Display Name History ]

Nero

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,283 posts

Could never 'get' programming. Tried for a bit, then just lost interest.

I'm sure it would've helped if our teacher wasn't incompetent and could actually speak English. Ah well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users