Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. :grin:

It's been a long, hard road but it's slowly coming to an end. Just last night I crossed the 12M xp mark, and now have less than 1M xp left! :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Getting closer.]lessthanmillxp.png

The last couple of weeks since the bot nuke have been really enjoyable and I've found myself wanting to play more and more. I haven't seen a bot since, I've had very little trouble in finding a spot to mine and I've actually been talking with the others around me while mining - something I can't recall doing in some time.

Now that I'm down below the 1 million mark, I'm going to get a level in something else just to break up the monotony. Maybe I'll DG for a bit. Hopefully I'll have a level up for you before the end of the weekend.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Congrats on 12M mining exp Kaida!!! :D

Thanks, Med. :)

You should get some other levels to get 99 with 1000 total ;)

That's the plan. I want my first 99 to be as epic as possible. :grin:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Congratz , Kaida! Good luck finishing your goal! <3:

Thanks Eco! <3:

Hey Kaida I've been down for a while my account got hacked again, good to see you making progress keep it up :) looking forward to 99!

<3:

But you better not wait this long before posting here again, you slacker! :lol:

Unfortunately, any progress I make may be for naught before long. Jagex, in their infinite wisdom, have announced that they will be removing F2P from the high scores list next week. This means that my (and everyone else who's not a member) overall stat sig and progress tracking sigs will no longer work. Nor will any of the skill calculators here on Tip.It.

It also means that any and all achievements I've made, or will ever make, in-game will be wiped from the official rankings like Kaida23 had never existed. :(

I've not yet decided whether or not this will affect my playing. I understand that as a free player I'm not going to get the same kinds of updates that members get, but I'm hurt and angry that they've decided to start taking away things that we already have. I'm not going to lie and say I don't care about the high scores, because a part of me does even if I don't check them all the time, but it's a relatively small aspect of my game so it probably won't affect me in any large way. That said, it doesn't change the fact that it's a huge slap in the face to those of us who stuck it out through all the bots and RWT'ers over the past year.

The bigger issue is that this kind of thing is a slippery slope; once the powers that be figure out that they can start taking small things away then they start setting their sights on big things. What's next? Rune armor? The guilds we have access to? The G.E.? Falador? When will they stop pretending to care and simply take the free game away altogether?

And what of high ranking F2P'ers like Water? His 200M skill achievements and near maxed total erased. He's bound to be debating simply giving up, and I can't say I blame him. Others already have. Sonic has announced this is the final straw for him and he won't be back. RS lost a dedicated DG'er and good person today. :cry:

Maybe I'm getting too worked up over this. Maybe Jagex will actually listen to the outpouring of outrage on the RSOF from non-members and members alike. Maybe this will never come to pass and we'll all be able to look back at this as nothing more than a bad idea that was properly shot down.

Then again, maybe not.

Before I go, I'll leave you with this thought:

Runescape is a dying game and Jagex needs to milk it for everything its worth while they can

If so it is not dying of natural causes, it is being murdered.

Someone call 911.

Keep going, though it will be very upsetting if they cut out F2P rank and you can't see what rank you were to 99.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

No kidding.

Don't worry though, I'm not about to quit just yet - I'm far to close to 99 for that. :grin: The question is what I'm going to do afterwards, but I'll have plenty of time to see what happens and how I feel about everything once I get there.

Happy Saturday, TIF! :grin:

Even though I'm still pretty upset of this week's announcement of next week's update which will remove F2P from the hiscores list, I've decided to at least try and do what I can while I still can. So last night and this morning I descended back into the depths of Daemonheim and got myself a couple more levels...

[spoiler=Attack level 55]attlevel55.png

[spoiler=Dungeoneering level 49]dunglevel49.png

dunglevel49a.png

I'm hoping to finish my goal of 50 DG before I'm purged from the master Gielinor census. Once that's done, I'll return to the mine and continue chipping away small bits of iron, and various other ores, until my journey to 99 is finally complete.

After that...who knows?

I'm hoping my love for the game is stronger than my disdain for Jagex right now.

I almost forgot, does anyone have a recommendation on my 2nd bind?

Currently I'm debating between a Fire Staff and a Fractite Platebody. I know the plate isn't usually recommended, but I keep needing, or at least wanting, more armor than I'm finding (yes, yes, my combat stats suck) and I haven't really been using magic all that much. Not even on the bosses, which always seem to be weakest to melee or ranged - and at 41 Ranged it would probably be a waste to bind a Spinebeam Longbow (heck, I don't think I've ever even seen one!).

So help me out DG experts! This grasshopper is ready to heed your words. :grin:

Fractite spear + fractite gauntlets for their str bonus and low weight.

Unless you have a hard time surviving or use your gates very effectively, in which case platebody can be used over gaunts.

Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296111-levine1996-maxing-out-100-f2p/

Two updates in as many days you lucky readers! Don't get too used to it. :wink: :lol:

This morning I got up at 5am (there's a 5 o'clock in the morning now? :blink:) because I had to drive my girlfriend to work for 6, so after I got back that left me some time before my kids got up to do some more DG - and I finally made it!

[spoiler=Dungeoneering level 50]dunglevel50.png

dunglevel50a.png

I can finally get an Arcane Blast Necklace. Hooray! Oh, wait. It's one of the (many) rewards that you couldn't possibly buy at the level you finally unlock them. :wall:

...sorry, I'm a little bitter at Jagex this week.

Believe it or not, the deaths in my last two level up pics are the only ones I've had lately...and they were both against the same boss! Stupid Lexicus Runewright beating the crud out of me every time. <_< Oh well, it's still fun to experience new bosses. Just after I posted last night about having never seen a Spinebeam Longbow, I fought Sagittare for the first time and he dropped one. Sonic is right, they do look very cool. :thumbsup:

As for a second bind, right after I leveled up the starting room actually had a Fire Staff (which I haven't seen in a starting room since I was starting C1's while charging my Blastbox). So I figured that I wouldn't look a gift staff in the mouth, and quickly bound it. Of course, that was before I checked here. levine makes a good suggestion about the Fractite gauntlets, so I'll probably give that a try.

As fun as DG is, I won't be getting back to it right way though. I'd like to get some more mining done before I do too much of anything else. You know, break things up a bit so I don't get bored and lose my motivation. I'll get a couple hundred thousand Mining xp and then do something else for a bit. I'd really like to get an Arcane Blast Necklace, but I don't know if I'll be able to before hitting 1000 total. :-k

Nice on all fronts :D

Huge congratz on the Mining, I haven't been to F2P for a while (lol snob), but when I do go, I get mad within 5 minutes of trying to mine, although it should be better now with bots gone :blink:

Get that 99! =D>

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

Thanks, Kabe. :grin:

Mining is so much better now, you have no idea. Even after the server shuffle, I can still find a free spot pretty easily. Not that the bots slowed me down all that much of course. I had found a great way of mining even with bots that I was going to turn into a small guide to help others, but it would be pretty pointless now I guess.

The 99 is coming...eventually...probably...hopefully. :???:

:lol:

Nah, I've not given up on it. I've been working towards this for over two years now, it would take a lot more than removing F2P from the hiscores now that I'm this close.

Of course. :thumbup: We free players really have to stick together now.

btw - thanks for posting. :grin:

Greetings everyone. There's now a place you can look up my noob-like stats. :P

Like many others, I have just posted my stats in the Goals and Achievements section of the RSOF - [qfc]48-49-464-63404296[/qfc]. So feel free to rate, comment, flame, troll or otherwise bump it so it doesn't get eaten by the page 50 monster. :ohnoes:

That's the plan, but my internet at work is pretty sketchy so the first page doesn't load very well. :P

I'm going to be reworking the first post a bit in the near future and that QFC will definitely be a part of it.

I've updated the first post a bit. I've added the QFC to my stats post and sprinkled a few images around to make it look a little less plain.

I also finished the Thanksgiving...um...event?...quest? The story had potential, but it really feels like they phoned this one in. I guess that post RuneFest hangover lasted longer than anyone expected. :P The new Herald cape crest looks okay though. I wonder what other crests they're going to come up with.

[spoiler=Thanksgiving 2011]thanksgiving2011.png

thanksgiving2011a.png

That's the plan. I'm going to get another level every so often while I finish with Mining so I can get 99 and 1000 total at the same time.

Speaking of which, I've got 785k xp left to go. When I hit 700k, I'll level up something else. Probably Dungeoneering again. I'm hoping I can get an Arcane Blast Necklace in time for the party.

In more RS news, an old friend started playing again a few days ago. :grin: He got me into RS way back in the day, and first introduced me to Mining and Smithing. He hasn't been on in years and I thought he had quit for good, but he's back. I've suggested he join TIF, but for now he's happy to just use the tools on the main site. A lot has changed since he played last and he didn't have much gp left, so I gave him a couple of mil to help get him started again.

Like I've always said, eventually everyone comes back. :lol: