Champion's Challenge in dire need of an update

Erichermit

[hide=+]14cbqlc.jpg[/hide]

10k XP reward lamp for every fight as well as...

[hide=Gnome]Ability:

Greatly increased Gnome Restaurant rewards, including new rewards that are tradable but only obtainable through the minigame after you've defeated this champion.

Item:

Dark blue light red trimmed (Agility Cape colors) add-on pieces for the Spottier Cape, Penance Gloves, and Boots of Lightness, as well as a new torso and legs that have the same weight reduction.[/hide]

[hide=Tzhaar]Ability:

If you have reached Tz-Tok Jad in the Fight Caves minigame, you may skip directly to him once every day. Also, if you have defeated him at least once, you may buy Fire Capes for 16k TokKul each.

Item:

The double-bladed obsidian ax, of course! Since this would surely be the most difficult champion to defeat, the stats of the weapon should make it the "Godsword of battleaxes". For the special attack, if it has one, you throw the ax, and it continually hits the target until the target returns a melee attack. Your special attack energy lowers by 1 square for every attack. It should never be lost in the process.[/hide]

[hide=Werewolf]Ability: You can wear 1 'ability' ring (Ring of Wealth, Ring of Life) and 1 stat ring (Berserker Ring, Beacon Ring) at the same time. You can also wear a pair of gloves with a pair of bracelets (so yes, requiring two bracelets of the same kind) for 1 of the bracelets' effects and stats plus the effects and stats of the pair of gloves.

148lqb7.png

Gloves would show up in the normal slot, and when you had two of the same type of bracelet, you could click on one and they'd both automatically equip and show as 'stacked' in the inverted slot. Also, if you just wanted to wear two bracelets, you would equip those without equipping gloves.

The same goes for the rings - the combat one goes in the normal slot, and the ability one goes in the inverted slot.

The inverted button I added would be for toggling this ability on and off, so that you could wear bracelets and ability rings normally. The button would only appear when you were able to use this ability.

As for worn appearance, I'd think it to be simple just to have them overlap on both arms over the gloves.

Regen Braces + Barrows Gloves:

Attack:+20, +20, +20, +9, +19

Defence:+18, +18, +18, +9, +18

Strength:+19

Plus the x2 healing ability of the bracelets.

Item:

I like the idea of a Ranged/Magic Slayer mask, but I'd rather it just be an addition to the current Slayer Helmet. Red glowing eyes...

Make the Helmet look like something out of Killzone 2. Awesome.[/hide]

[hide=Elf]Ability:

You can purchase Crystal equipment that does not degrade for 2x the 'new' price. There should be slight differences in appearance. Also, you can have Ilfeen enchant the Crystal Saw and Crystal Chimes to be able to change on the spot, as well as making the Crystal Saw last an infinite number of uses.

Item:

A Crystal dagger nearly identical stat-wise to the SC ones with added slash bonus. The speed is 7. The special attack consumes a full bar and restores Prayer.[/hide]

[hide=Dwarf]Ability:

You can buy Granite Boots!

You can combine (or have combined by an NPC) Plateleg and skirt armors for bonuses equal to 1.5 x one of the original.

You must first have a special untradable connection piece dropped only by certain monsters.

Dragon Skirtlegs:

Defense:

+102, +99, +95, -6, +98

Weight: 18Kg

Item:

A wieldable Blast Fusion Hammer, the "Godsword of warhammers". The special attack does +15%, and can hit higher depending on the opponent's weight.[/hide]

[hide=All]Ability:

New emote(s), certain special armors can be trimmed (untradable Dragon (G) for example, probably by the same NPC that combines leg armors), you can change to the Champions crest (POH).

Item:

A Champion's Badge that can be attached to the Quest Point Cape for +4 Prayer, a 50k XP reward lamp.[/hide]

2dgucz6.png

I definately like the idea of the Banners in the house, that would be fantastic, especially if we could add two (or the same one twice) to the outside of our house so that you could see it as you were walking into the house from the portal.

Secondly the rewards would encourage others to actually bother with the challange and raise awareness of its existance. The rewards can also be overpowered due to the trouble people have gone to get it.

Also the rareity should remain the same, but if you were to lower it make it similiar to Olaf's Bridge, but at a slower degeneration rate. so like increases by 1% chance of recieveing one for every 100 kills.

1yrb49.jpg

I like your ideas Blutters, but the duel-jewelry seems like it'd mess up the equipment menu? Maybe something else.

Also Anonymouse, I don't think any change to way the scrolls are dropped is neccesary. It'd kind of be a kick in the face to all who have completed it, as well as kind of lessening the idea of the challenge, if you know what I mean? If it is made easier it becomes much less prestigious.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

148lqb7.png

Easy fix. Gloves would show up in the normal slot, and when you had two of the same type of bracelet, you could click on one and they'd both automatically equip and show as 'stacked' in the inverted slot. Also, if you just wanted to wear two bracelets, you would equip those without equipping gloves.

The same goes for the rings - the combat one goes in the normal slot, and the ability one goes in the inverted slot.

The inverted button I added would be for toggling this ability on and off, so that you could wear bracelets and ability rings normally. The button would only appear when you were able to use this ability.

As for worn appearance, I'd think it to be simple just to have them overlap on both arms over the gloves.

You didn't answer before - Do you think we could challenge these higher champions directly, or would we need to kill for their scrolls?

2dgucz6.png

Ah yeah I see.

Hmm, about receiving these I don't know. The human challenges you without a scroll, but you ARE a human. Maybe you will have to go kill these monsters but only after getting the first 10. Or maybe there will be miniquests for each one.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I actually like the idea of having to kill the other races like before, but when we're on this 'second tier', we should get automated kill counts.

Also, as you make progress, perhaps scrolls should become a little less rare on the 'second tier'. That's really up to discussion...

Regardless, if you have to kill thousands upon thousands of additional 'second tier' race members, it would help to support any seemingly overpowered aspects of the rewards introduced, making them actually worthwhile and less likely to be nerfed.

Players who have gotten at least one scroll could have a new option for "spontaneous challenges". What this would mean is that if you have the option enabled you could randomly, (but rarely, and shut up Compfreak) be attacked by an avatar of the champion, who has a greatly increased chance of dropping the scroll to fight the actual champion. The avatar wouldn't have any rules attached but would be nearly as strong as the champions to warrant it being able to drop the scroll more commonly.

2dgucz6.png

So basically they'd just become random events? I don't know if I like that that much

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Not completely random as you'd still probably be killing hundreds of that monster before an avatar showed up, and even then the avatars wouldn't have the scroll as a 100% drop. It was just an idea though.

Perhaps you could expand upon your miniquest idea?

2dgucz6.png

Maybe for the next one, but I'd prefer if the first 10 lower champions remain as is, with the only changes being made to their rewards.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
You probably don't know what the champion's challenge is. Less than half the people I meet on runescape even know it exists. This is because the rewards for the challenge are so atrocious that barely anyone considers completing it.

I am currently completing it rewardless because I love the idea, but it is apparent that the reward for this game is way undervalued. You receive 10 banners on a wall that only you can see. You also "Get" a throne, but you can't sit in it. Nor can other people see you with it. The current reward is about 3000 HP xp and 3000 slayer xp. It requires you to kill on average 50,000 monsters. There are 10 lower scrolls: Imp, Goblin, Skeleton, Zombie, Giant, Ghoul, Jogre, Hobgoblin, Earth Warriors, and Lesser Demons. The drop rate is approximately 1/5000 for each scroll. Some people get a scroll in less than 400 kills and there have been reports of some people taking over 25000 kills to get their scroll. As you can see, this takes VERY long. Months for most people.

3k slayer xp and hp xp can be easily found in about 15 minutes of on task slayer.

First, I propose that the 10 lower scroll's remain the same. That's right, I'm not crazy. Well, perhaps house decorations of the banners you have. That'd be nice.

However, I propose that the HIGHER champions have better rewards.

Leon D' Cour: Ability to put a Champion's Throne in your house. Same as the throne he used to sit on.

TzHaar Champion: Obsidian Battleaxe. This would have about the same or better stats than a dragon battleaxe, but be obsidian, which means that the beserker necklace would give it a nice bonus.

After those two though Im not sure about the rewards, but I'll try to come up with something.

Gnome Champion: Perhaps gnomish agility boots, for an even better weight reduction than boots of lightness. Or perhaps a set 50% reduction in run loss speed. Or perhaps an improvement of agility xp from agility courses.

Werewolf Champion: I really don't know for this one either. Perhaps a new weapon that when used, gives a +15% bonus to attack and str while on slayer task, kind of like a black mask but stacks with a black mask. "Lupine Claws"?

Elf Champion: It goes without saying that the elf champion's equipment would be something crystal. I was thinking something like.. A crystal amulet that boosts the effectiveness of crystal equipment similar to the beserker necklace.

Dwarf Champion: A hammer that takes significantly less time to smith with. Or maybe a new pickaxe. Something dwarf related though. I like the hammer idea more.

These are mere suggestions. What I am REALLY insisting on though is that the new champions are added and REAL rewards are given.

i like the poh option =D>

35hedkh.jpg

I love this idea and i support it.

Champions Cape perhaps (after compleating them all)? Same design as your average Skill Cape (Minus Hood) but Have the image A Sword sticking into a rock. (Just an idea). But yes they do need some form of reward.

i have the same idea for a cape i think it must be someting like the fire cape u get from the The Fight Caves, but it will need diffrent spec's

STAT BONUSES

Attack Defence

Stab 10 Stab 5

Slash 10 Slash 5

Crush 10 Crush 5

Magic 10 Magic 5

Range 10 Range 5

Summoning 5

Other

Strength 12 Prayer 6

Ranged Strength 10

This is only a suggestion so don't flame for it been overpowered its is really up to jagex to decade what the spec's is going to be.

totally support this. the champion challenges ow are like going and doing the fight pits. but w/ worse rewards and a WHOLE LOT MORe TIME PUT IN!!!

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

I wish Jagex would acknowledge this minigame somehow =P Like, maybe say they still plan on updating it sometime in the future like they promised but it's unspecified, or say they've given up on it.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like this being on second page :(

So do you guys think the recent update giving more variants of monsters scrolls might mean we have a chance at getting more champions? I mean it means jagex at least remembers it exists. (Though they apparently totally forgot while making graphical improvements)

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Well, from the FAQ on the site, at least how I read it, things like Fire Giants now drop champion scrolls.

Could you give a quotation or something? Because if so, looks like we'll be seeing a lot more giant scrolls haha.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

100k slayer exp and 200k hp, 'nuff said. Like you said, months and months of fighting to get 6k exp is stupid. Give it a REAL champion reward, this thing is harder then anything else!

ib7rVm.png

• 1 month later...

At the very least I just want a hat or shield or cape or something, even if it has no stats, to run around and be like "look at me I'm a Champion of Champions"

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

At the very least I just want a hat or shield or cape or something, even if it has no stats, to run around and be like "look at me I'm a Champion of Champions"

How about a badge added to any cape or back-worn item? It could be fairly simplistic, and add decent stats.

The idea I envision is a small badge, a little bigger than the Seal of Passage, shaped like a curved upside down cone, with all of the different colors of the banners on it. It's small, so it doesn't really intrude, but it's the only thing like it, so it's easily recognizable.

As for stats I'd say +7 down the list. It's not overpowered, and adds a decent bonus.

It doesn't take up any equipment spot; it just appears when you wear something on your back.

For exact positioning, I think it should be centered on your character's left Achievement Cape strip, or where that would be if they're not wearing an Achievement Cape.

If you want some much more complex ideas then I left a much longer post somewhere on this thread earlier.

2dgucz6.png

I personally think that Champ's challenge is more trouble than it's worth.

So, complete support.

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.