[Updated 9 Dec] Reviving Smithing : Divinite

Zaaps1

I usually jump right aboard with things like this, but on this particular one, I'm not sure. And I don't know why. It's a well thought out idea though, I just feel it's missing something.

Well I'm all for change. Can you pinpoint it to a particular section?

The most stand-out point is probably obtaining the ore.

Is it too...plain?

I think there're too few rocks, so it will be hard to get one (kind of like rune ore). Conversely I feel if you put any more in it would become too abundant. Do you know what I mean?

Yes, that's true. But there's 2 rocks on every world, so that's 200 or so ore available at any given time. It also enters the market in a steady stream, so its price would be much more reliable. So you'd have to consider that it's coming in at great amounts and very few are leaving.

I mean I can get about 50 rune ores an hour. 10 Divinite an hour would be a good average imo, and the exact numbers would be Jagex's job since I don't know enough.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually jump right aboard with things like this, but on this particular one, I'm not sure. And I don't know why. It's a well thought out idea though, I just feel it's missing something.

Well I'm all for change. Can you pinpoint it to a particular section?

The most stand-out point is probably obtaining the ore.

Is it too...plain?

I think there're too few rocks, so it will be hard to get one (kind of like rune ore). Conversely I feel if you put any more in it would become too abundant. Do you know what I mean?

Yes, that's true. But there's 2 rocks on every world, so that's 200 or so ore available at any given time. It also enters the market in a steady stream, so its price would be much more reliable. So you'd have to consider that it's coming in at great amounts and very few are leaving.

I mean I can get about 50 rune ores an hour. 10 Divinite an hour would be a good average imo, and the exact numbers would be Jagex's job since I don't know enough.

I guess you're right.

-You cannot wear Void armor while wielding a Divine weapon.

-If you mismatch combat types with the weapon, there is a 10% reduction on ALL bonuses

Updated to armor section

This excellent idea, which I fully support, will undoubtedly revive mining and smithing, and bring them to the status that they once held in Runescape.

All points attempting to attack this are dubious and plainly incorrect, and have been fully and eloquently responded to by the dedicated author of this groundbreaking idea.

this strong support has nothing to do with his support of my idea.

This excellent idea, which I fully support, will undoubtedly revive mining and smithing, and bring them to the status that they once held in Runescape.

All points attempting to attack this are dubious and plainly incorrect, and have been fully and eloquently responded to by the dedicated author of this groundbreaking idea.

this strong support has nothing to do with his support of my idea.

Lol, thanks for the support ::'

hey about the divine corruptor

uh doesnt divine mean like pure??

and corrupt means like uh corrupted, so thats called an oxymoron?

they mean the opposite in a sense and contradict each other

Divine simply means godly, or with the powers of a god. You can have a corrupt god, arguably, you could say the Devil is a corrupt god. In RuneScape, you could say Zamorak, Iban, Lucien, and Zaros are all corrupt gods.

So Divine Corrupter is simply a sword with powers like a god that can corrupt warriors that it battles with.

Lot of great ideas, and I can really see that you put a lot of work into it.

Tyvm. :thumbsup:

Ok, a few things:

• With your system, smithing would be just as, if not more, dependent on the combat skills.

Your weapons are very cool.... except for....

The Cannon. That is the main reason I do not support this idea.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Ok, a few things:

• With your system, smithing would be just as, if not more, dependent on the combat skills.

Your weapons are very cool.... except for....

The Cannon. That is the main reason I do not support this idea.

1) Smithing is NOT dependent on combat skills right now. THAT is the problem, or one of them at least. What do you smith? Not nice little trinkets to give to your kids to play with. You make fighting equipment. So the entire BASIS of smithing's success is the reliance on warriors/rangers/mages to buy the finished products of smiths. That is not the system now. Now the system is the smithing products are bought by ALCHERS who want to alch them, TREASURE TRAILERS, who may need them, and LOW-LEVELS, which hardly can count as success. For smithing to succeed, it NEEDS to become dependent on combat skills. Right now, it isn't. That's a problem.

2) I understand you may think it's too futuristic. Fact is, however, the time period RuneScape is set in is the Renaissance, not the Middle Ages. During the Renaissance (and there is evidence that it is the Renaissance everywhere) there are both CANNONS (which we have) and GUNS (which is what this essentially is). So there is no problem with the time period if you want to look at it historically. What is the concern then? I'm willing to listen.

NOTE: When I put words in CAPS, I am not yelling at you. I am only emphasizing that word. Don't think that I'm screaming at you because I am not. I reread this post and it does seem like I'm yelling. However, I am not, I am only emphasizing certain words.

i SUPPORT.

sounds really cool. smithing/mining need a update.

few questions.

is is only for P2P? and can it ONLY be smelted at that special place?(so you cannot you the blast furnace and only have to use 6 coal?)

Yes. Im a low level F2P, but its ok because Jesus loves me

Blackey120.png

Blackey120.png

245b84963c.png

Member of the Runescape Order of Jedi Knights|Click here for forums

i SUPPORT.

sounds really cool. smithing/mining need a update.

few questions.

is is only for P2P? and can it ONLY be smelted at that special place?(so you cannot you the blast furnace and only have to use 6 coal?)

It is p2p. I think we can agree it's a little much more f2p, considering what f2p has already, this would be too big of a step.

It can ONLY be smelted in the Sacred Forge. That's because the requirement is too high. The max smithing bonus atm is like 6, which comes nowhere near the level bonus needed at a normal furnace. Therefore, you MUST use the Sacred Forge and MUST do what is required to get the full bonus in order to smelt. Same goes with smithing, and the mining is fairly obvious.

Hi great ideas maybe a bit overpowered bud what do i now lol

I have for a long time been thinking the 99 level cap is limiting the game play of runescape and then u come and think of a brilliant solution to the problem brilliant idea.

Here is my 10 cents worth of ideas and suggestion.

Take away the blurite rocks and elemental rocks from the Stone of Jas Mines so that its not to easy to get all the ore at one.

Also i think if u want to make Divinite bars u mast use 1 Divinite ore, 6 coal, 4 elemental ore and 3 blurite ore. And u have 75% chance of failure almost like iron ores 50% failure.

I also think the monster guardians are unnecessary the requirement to get to the stone of jas is already very high.

I like your weapons and armor but i think it will not be a good idea to have them all be released at ones in the game if u go back and look at how dragon weapons and armor was released it took some time to come out and we are still waiting on some to still be released, so how about on the release date u can only have 1 or 2 weapons for each combat class and 2 pieces of armor for combat class.

The Divine handcannon i see some concern by some people posting here, what if u make it a Divine slingshot with the same spec's.

And also how about some none combat items made from divinite bars like:

Hunting: new hunting equipment "snake stick." (This is a long handle with a metal hook at the end)

that u can use to catch a new hunting creature the snake

Farming: new farming equipment gives farming bonuses

Construction: new construction tools

Prayer: and ankh or divine cross for prayer bonuses

Fishing: a spear and rope that needs a crossbow to cache maybe wales

Slayer: new slayer monsters that can only be harmed by a divine weapon and a slayer monster that will do extensional high damage to u if u are not wearing divine armor.

Firemaking: a blazer made of divine bar so u can have a portable fire.

The way i see it is that if u can make it that something new u want to be in the game can be useful to more than one skill it will benefit the game more so it will be more likely to be implemented in to the game.

I hope u find my ideas useful i only want to make runescape better for every one sou have my support 100% :thumbup:

This is as much YOUR suggestion as it is MY suggestion.

Ps: looking foreword to your reply.

Underlined comments.

Hi great ideas maybe a bit overpowered bud what do i now lol Yes, but they are only overpowered in the sense that they are stronger than what we have. They are manageable, but are only a step forward.

I have for a long time been thinking the 99 level cap is limiting the game play of runescape and then u come and think of a brilliant solution to the problem brilliant idea.

Thanks! :D

Here is my 10 cents worth of ideas and suggestion.

Take away the blurite rocks and elemental rocks from the Stone of Jas Mines so that its not to easy to get all the ore at one.

Those rocks don't serve a purpose. I only added them to make more diversity in the mines and to give it a more "special" feel. Those rocks are exclusive to 1 area atm, so if they were available elsewhere it would make that area even more special. Also see next comment

Also i think if u want to make Divinite bars u mast use 1 Divinite ore, 6 coal, 4 elemental ore and 3 blurite ore. And u have 75% chance of failure almost like iron ores 50% failure.

That much ore might make smelting it too long. I'm aiming for at least 2 bars per invent (Rune is 3 bars/invent I think). Plus, there's not enough blurite to sustain this. There are only a few Divinite rocks in 1 world, and only 4 blurite. There would need to be at least 3x the amount, which currently is not available.

I also think the monster guardians are unnecessary the requirement to get to the stone of jas is already very high.

They are there for danger. Otherwise it is way too safe. Running past a few Tormented Demons is child's play for most people who have 90 mining/smithing, and finishing WGS isn't a requirement that's too high. I think they should stay, I mean I've seen level 90s with the Quest Cape. You should not only have to flick on mage pray and eat 4 sharks to access such an exclusive ore. Even for Rune, the best location to mine it (Light Temple) requires the use of prayer potions

I like your weapons and armor but i think it will not be a good idea to have them all be released at ones in the game if u go back and look at how dragon weapons and armor was released it took some time to come out and we are still waiting on some to still be released, so how about on the release date u can only have 1 or 2 weapons for each combat class and 2 pieces of armor for combat class.

I like the idea of them being released gradually. How about after WGS you can loot Movario's base and get the blueprints and learn how to make a specific item? At first only, say, 4 would be released, but more blueprints could be released later by Jagex and you have to get those. Or maybe they should be monster drops, kinda like clues?

The Divine handcannon i see some concern by some people posting here, what if u make it a Divine slingshot with the same spec's.

My response to that concern is that RS is set in the Renaissance, therefore gunpowder already exists and can be used. There is already a cannon you can use, and there are many other cannons that are for scenery, not to mention those cannons used during quests like Cabin Fever. I feel that saying it is out of the time period is an incorrect statement.

And also how about some none combat items made from divinite bars like:

Hunting: new hunting equipment "snake stick." (This is a long handle with a metal hook at the end)

that u can use to catch a new hunting creature the snake

Farming: new farming equipment gives farming bonuses

Construction: new construction tools

Prayer: and ankh or divine cross for prayer bonuses

Fishing: a spear and rope that needs a crossbow to cache maybe wales

Slayer: new slayer monsters that can only be harmed by a divine weapon and a slayer monster that will do extensional high damage to u if u are not wearing divine armor.

Firemaking: a blazer made of divine bar so u can have a portable fire.

The way i see it is that if u can make it that something new u want to be in the game can be useful to more than one skill it will benefit the game more so it will be more likely to be implemented in to the game.

Hmm, I see what you're getting at. But traditionally smithing has always been tied to combat directly, so that's what I've tried to stick to.

I hope u find my ideas useful i only want to make runescape better for every one sou have my support 100% :thumbup:

This is as much YOUR suggestion as it is MY suggestion.

Ps: looking foreword to your reply.

Underlined comments.

I like the idea of them being released gradually. How about after WGS you can loot Movario's base and get the blueprints and learn how to make a specific item? At first only, say, 4 would be released, but more blueprints could be released later by Jagex and you have to get those. Or maybe they should be monster drops, kinda like clues?

I like the blueprint idea, but how are thy going to work do u need 1 for each item u going to make or ones u get a blue print u can make as many as u want of that nlueprints item.

Underlined comments.

I like the blueprint idea, but how are thy going to work do u need 1 for each item u going to make or ones u get a blue print u can make as many as u want of that nlueprints item.

It's going to work like the Golden Bowls from Legends. You get 1 blueprint for each item, and you have to have it with you to smith it. You can also copy the blueprints, which would be a new feature, but if you have no more blueprints you can only get more by getting them as a drop.

bump

Editted in blueprint idea, thanks Sirlonewolf!

This is an incredibly well thought out Suggestion, and I give it my full support. But as I was reading through this, I noticed two inaccuracies.

-DIVINE STAFF (7)

-Perhaps it can match the powers of the Staff of Armadyl?nah...well...perhaps... Staff speed

-25 magic

-Divine Zone ("Welcome to my Zone.") 100%. Works regardless of the cast spell's success. Reduces the opponent's magic defense in half (if 20, then 10, if -20, then -40) and then -30 from that number. The effects last for 1 minute, but each "splashed" spell on the opponent reduces the timer by 10 seconds

Looking at the bolded part, if the magic def was -20, then increasing it by half should make it -30, not -40.

-DARK BLADE (10 bars, unf. sword, Zamorak)

-A blood-soaked 2-handed blade. Longsword speed. Slash and stab attacks.

-150 slash, 140 stab, 130 strength

-Rain of Terror ("Terror reins tonight!") 100%. Black clouds surround the target while two black snakes rise out of the ground and bind the opponent in place for 20 seconds. The opponent is dealt 5 damage each round of combat by the snakes. In addition, the Dark Blade receives at 20% attack and strength boost for this hit.

Again looking at the bolded part, did you mean Reign, as in the Reign of a king? I'm sure the taunt was meant to be reign, but what about the name?

I know these are pretty nit-picky, but the idea is quite well thought out and balanced, so I don't have very much useful criticism.

What.

Thanks for your support!

1) I said that it cuts the magic defense in half. In other words, if it's positive, it would be magic defense divided by 2. If it's negative, it would be magic defense times 2.

2) It's supposed to be "Reign". Thanks for that.

The only thing I have a problem with is the Handcannon, it just doesn't seem to fit in. Other than that nice idea :thumbup:

Well

1) I needed a name for a super-strong ranged weapon

2) It belongs in the time period RuneScape is in, that is the Renaissance, not the Middle Ages.