Hunting imps?

Sportz

So I've been training Hunter for the past couple weeks with a goal of 99. I just got 83 yesterday and broke 9k reds, only 38k to go!

As I was training, one day somebody else showed up and said their Hunter was 98 and he had made 30m from hunting D Imps. Is this profitable? How much would I make an hour, and any other imps I should catch (If I do Puro Puro).

Sportz.png

July 28, 2009 - 9817 to 99 Hunter
March 14, 2010 - 27,605 to 99 Fishing
June 26, 2010 - 2000 Total Levels Reached
August 19, 2011 - 26,541 to 99 Mining
March 29,2012 - 2200 Total Levels Reached

March 27, 2013 - All skills 85+

Hunting dragon imps is always profitable - if you can find one!!

There are no amazingly efficient ways to catch them, some people use scouts on the RSOF but there are so many people looking for scouts that it isn't worth it.

Stick with red chins for the money :)

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

On the moss d'armless (think that's what its called) I've heard its possible to break the 800k per hour mark from ninjas and dragons. Not sure how reliable it is though.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

On the moss d'armless (think that's what its called) I've heard its possible to break the 800k per hour mark from ninjas and dragons. Not sure how reliable it is though.

Moss Le'Harmless.

OT:D imps are rare so unless you have people that don't have anything else better to do than roam the map in search of them, do something else for money.

Question.. How are they profitable?

Hmm...selling them for 343k each sound profitable? Thought so.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

^^ The loot they give is like Glories, Dragonstone gem tips, baby dragon bones, dragon arrowtips and dragon darts. As well as other stuff.

Most people loot them, then pay the scout a percentage of the loot. This however can seriously hinder your profit. (Generally its like ~20% to a scout - well thats what my friend pays at least, and hes a bit of a cheap skate ;) ) You could also sell them on the GE, it's more reliable for money.

I'm not sure if you lose/make money, but if there is always a demand, there must be some profit to it.

As of 6th April 2009, Dragon implings are 294.4k at Grand exchange medium price.

I'd like to point out however, that I have NEVER seen a D imp outside puro-puro, and i've only seen ONE inside, and that was just after the mini game came out.

And thats from quite an active player.

My advice: Stick With Chins, Keep a few jars handy, some bind runes and equip a net, if you see an imp, catch it. Browse the RSOF forums and see if you can find any imps near your location.

2v8sgvs.png

Sorry for dancing the Offtopic-conga, but why would anybody buy a dragon imp for 300k if the loot could only be worth a max of 100-150k?

Why do people buy caskets? Why do people buy crystal keys?

Because sometimes the reward can be worth more (But it's often less!) caskets sometimes have half keys, and crystals keys can often get you a dragonstone + other keys/rune armour which is why people take the risk to get profit.

Same prinicpal with dragon imps.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

If you enjoy the minigame the best way to hunt them is to sit at the spawn point and bring something to do (alching works great), bring snare runes to use on them so that they don't get away. However they only spawn about once every 1-3 hours so yes potentially you could make 300 k/hour at them but it could just as easily be 100 k, and if thats the case you would make much more money and experience at red chins.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

^^ The loot they give is like Glories, Dragonstone gem tips, baby dragon bones, dragon arrowtips and dragon darts. As well as other stuff.

Most people loot them, then pay the scout a percentage of the loot. This however can seriously hinder your profit. (Generally its like ~20% to a scout - well thats what my friend pays at least, and hes a bit of a cheap skate ;) ) You could also sell them on the GE, it's more reliable for money.

I'm not sure if you lose/make money, but if there is always a demand, there must be some profit to it.

As of 6th April 2009, Dragon implings are 294.4k at Grand exchange medium price.

I'd like to point out however, that I have NEVER seen a D imp outside puro-puro, and i've only seen ONE inside, and that was just after the mini game came out.

And thats from quite an active player.

My advice: Stick With Chins, Keep a few jars handy, some bind runes and equip a net, if you see an imp, catch it. Browse the RSOF forums and see if you can find any imps near your location.

they exist haha. I have no way to confirm this, but about a year ago I saw two dragon imps at the elf camp in the elven lands. I even trapped one inside a tent. but of course no one in my friends list was online that had the hunter requirement. :D

they are rare, but certainly exist.

phata_elise.png

However they only spawn about once every 1-3 hours

where the hell did you get this number...

they spawn every 30 min - 1 hour.

Depends how full the worlds are.

must be about 12 people on his world then.

So what I'm getting from this is only do it if I'm alching? And any other imps I should catch if I see them, or just Dragon?

Sportz.png

July 28, 2009 - 9817 to 99 Hunter
March 14, 2010 - 27,605 to 99 Fishing
June 26, 2010 - 2000 Total Levels Reached
August 19, 2011 - 26,541 to 99 Mining
March 29,2012 - 2200 Total Levels Reached

March 27, 2013 - All skills 85+

So what I'm getting from this is only do it if I'm alching? And any other imps I should catch if I see them, or just Dragon?

Natures and above are worth catching (but not pirates). Lesser ones are ok as you can alch or drop most of the loot, but there not worth the hassle IMO.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]