f2p mining spots

joel99s

I'm an avid miner being only able to afford f2p at the moment i found it is very inconvenient that to bank my iron ores it is a 90 second walk from the Varrock east mine to the bank and back again.

I dont understand why f2p cant have just one mining spot with a somewhat close bank. Woodcutting has a close bank with draynor, fishermen have a semi-close bank with edgeville bank, and even crafters can tele to falador to bank then use cabbage patch tele and they have a 15 sec walk back to the guild.

I just dont understand, jagex really does hate mining

Members doesn't even have a close bank...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

A combination of the above. Members don't even have one. The best members has is the Arzinian Mine (and the dwarf collects a tax on that) and teleports. In addition, mining is still fantastic money even without being close to a bank. The top 3 moneymakers in f2p (other than lucky pking/merchanting) are all mining (Rune, then Gold, then Addy).

There's really nothing wrong with it.

Just a hint though, when I was banking my iron at W. Varrock mines, I found that using *teleport to Varrock* instead of walking/running saved a lot of time. The time saved is worth it because you get more trips and therefore more money. The cost is easily covered, you save run energy, and you get a bit of magic xp. Sound good?

Mining will likely get updated in the near future. Hold out. Members don't get it much better anyways. :P

Huh? Mining is the best moneymaker of all the gathering skills, including Hunter.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Yeah mining is definitely a great money maker. And the mining guild? That's fairly close to a bank. I don't see anything wrong with the skill. However, this is the rants forum, and you are totally allowed to not like the situation with mining. :)

Blakdragon39.png

You're right, there are no really close banks to any of the mines. Think about it though, if you were building a town/village would you want everything really close to some nice pretty trees or a dirty, noisy strip mine? 10 second runs to a bank would be great, but not very likely. :cry:

However, mining is an excellent F2P money maker. The big profits come when you get to level 85 and can mine Runite. It has it's problems as well (like the least accessible mine in the entire F2P world) but at 15.7k an ore you won't me complain...very loudly. :D

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

When I used to power-mine iron ore, I hated dropping, so I eventually just brought 100 or so Varrock teleports at a time, mine a full pack of iron at south east mining camp, teleported to Varrock, walked to east bank, then ran to mines. It wasn't too bad.

Far better than dropping... In my mind anyways.

If you think about it, one of the reasons mining is such a good money maker is because of this.

If there was a bank, lets say 10 secounds away from a bank the skill would be ruined, hundreds more people like you (not flaming you) would notice that mining has got that much easyer and start mining ores for cash, and then the price would surely drop and thus Mining's reputation of a hard skill, and a very profitable skill would go, as ores would go the same way as logs, and getting rid of your ores would become that much easyer.

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

1) Use kyatt pouches to teleport to the hunter area mine

2) Use the 3 iron rocks that surround a single square

3) Use a dueling ring to bank

It's extremely fast banking, not really "close" though.

Ontopic:

Does having to walk so far to a bank make you want to join members?

Good, Jagex is doing it's job.

quit

3) Use kyatt pouches to teleport to the hunter area mine

2) Use the 3 iron rocks that surround a single square

3) Use a dueling ring to bank

It's extremely fast banking, not really "close" though.

Ontopic:

Does having to walk so far to a bank make you want to join members?

Good, Jagex is doing it's job.

That's not close. The discussion was around banks close to mining spots, not easy to teleport to.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Ok, 3 iron spot just northeast of Ardougne.

That's about the distance from Varrock bank to the W. Mines. That spot is only fast b/c you can glory to bank and then ardy tele.

I agree that there is NO iron rock next to bank. But how about coals? I suppose mining guild is close enough to bank, if you get lvl60 mining

To get lvl60 mining, powermine in Chasm mine (actually a very boring task, but worthwhile)

If you insist on iron, well, I'm afriad that the mines will be distant

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

And the mining guild? That's fairly close to a bank. I don't see anything wrong with the skill. However, this is the rants forum, and you are totally allowed to not like the situation with mining. :)

You're right on two counts. The mining guild is relatively close to a bank, and you have the right to dislike the mining situation. However, the mining guild is really only worthwhile for coal. And coal is only good for selling without any ores.