Oh Jagex, Why do you hate my Rubber Chicken? [Lock Please]

Tim

Can a Admin or Moderator lock this please, it seems despite trying to post a logic Rant, R-A-N-T In the Rants Thread, I'm not going to put up with a bunch of People who only remind me of RSOF and have nothing good to contribute except cause a Flame War. Thanks guys, you realy have shown me what you're REALY like -.-

SPOILER: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T COMPLEATED THE 2009 EASTER EVENT.

It all began in 2004, Easter was upon us and Me and 3 of my real life friends had all gathered on Runescape, after helping...."Deliver" Eggs we were given the Fabled "Rubber Chicken", a weapon of such sillyness, even the Wise Old Man in Draynor grew Jelous of me for wielding one. We ran around Runescape whacking whoever we saw fit, and even set up a Castle Wars match of "Rubber Chickens Vs Dragon Armor" Which everyone enjoyed and laughed at. Yes it truely is a rare site to see nowdays.

...But wait? Whats this? A wieldable CARROT? :wall:

I write this Rant because i feel very cheated out, I was around in 2004 to obtain that Holiday Item, but Jagex caves into the minds of more Jelous, Recent players and gives them a "Easter Weapon". What good is it having one if now there's going to be thousands of horridly designed copies of my beloved Rubber Chicken all over the place? If they were going to cave into the newer generation, why not just give them a damn PartyHat, Bunny Ears or Scythe? I, as a long time player, am very dissapointed in the reward (And the sound of the emote is horrid but thats not the cause here). I write this Rant as a Sign of Grieving for Jagex's "Silly" mistake, and I know theres plenty of other players who are dissapointed and even frustrated with the move on the reward item.

So I sum this rant up with a Classic Piece: "That Was An Egg-Stremly Silly Move Jagex." -.-

Popoto.~<3

Ok, so you're not that special anymore. Big deal. You can hardly call this a mistake. They felt that other people should have the same opportunity as people that owned a rubber chicken, so they introduced the carrot. It is by design, not a mistake.

You're not any better just because you played in 2004.

Can you HONESTLY do anything besides Abuse other players? I didnt say I was special, Im talking about how how disapointed I am with the reward design. Its called "Rants- Vent your Frustrations", Not "Rants - The Place where Bauke Is an Arrogant [swear]." Now please, Naff' Off and stop flaming untill you actully grow some manners. -.-

Popoto.~<3

I actually had no clue wth that was when i saw it.

IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE A CARROT!

It's big, ugly and disgusting...i don't want to wield it ever.

Oh, and why is there only a drop option, not destroy? :?

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Can you HONESTLY do anything besides Abuse other players? I didnt say I was special, Im talking about how how disapointed I am with the reward design. Its called "Rants- Vent your Frustrations", Not "Rants - The Place where Bauke Is an Arrogant [swear]." Now please, Naff' Off and stop flaming untill you actully grow some manners. -.-

Wow, look who's talking. Mr. flamey himself.

And no, you didn't say you were special, but your whining, excuse me, ranting does give me the idea that you do feel special. I don't know why you would complain about other people being able to do the same with an item as what you can do with something you've got a few years earlier.

First of all you are making the mistake assuming that people know how to read. I think that there are a number of people around here who don't know the definition of the word "rant", or aren't aware that this is the "rants" forum. They also will likley have an extremely melodramatic response to anything they disagree with, especially if you say it with a strong tone, becasue they just don't know what a rant is, and they don't expect to see a rant when they come to the rants forum.

And if you are a RSC player, why do you care about a rubber chicken? You have party hats, santa hats, holloween masks, easter eggs, and lots of other rares.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

um...you can't hit people with it like the chicken right?

Well, I guess that's another reason not to care about it.

First of all you are making the mistake assuming that people know how to read. I think that there are a number of people around here who don't know the definition of the word "rant", or aren't aware that this is the "rants" forum. They also will likley have an extremely melodramatic response to anything they disagree with, especially if you say it with a strong tone, becasue they just don't know what a rant is, and they don't expect to see a rant when they come to the rants forum.

Your reason to justify completely senseless whining?

um...you can't hit people with it like the chicken right?

Well, I guess that's another reason not to care about it.

Your reason to justify completely senseless whining?

I wish I would NOT have said this in a topic that was complaining about the rubber chicken. It would have been easier to justify.

however, it is a major holiday event, and it could be something of a concern for a number of people.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

It seems as though holiday events are not really special anymore because everyone has the item. All holiday items in easter are terribly designed other than the rubber chicken and the ring...i think the best tho would have to be halloween of 07. and the grim reaper was good also

In all honesty, I think your right. Players who have played longer deserve a status symbol. "Appeal of the masses", though. Make many new players happy rather then a few old players.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I agree with Bauke. Its not like their giving the actual rubber chickens anyways, its just a similar item with a similar function. This will also stop people complaining about missing the chicken, while you still have a superior item to the carrot.

and BTW you can whack people just like the chicken

I'm jealous of your rubber chicken, I really am.

Not only is it 5 years older and 1000x cooler than my carrot, but it also looks like a "rubber chicken" and it doesn't require two hands to wield.

I understand completely where you're coming from - if Jagex made a costume nearly identical to my skeleton suit - like an ankou suit, I'd be pretty peeved myself.

Seeing old, untradable, rare holiday event items is a treat for me - at least they didn't make your rubber chicken, and all other previous easter items available to everyone.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I wasn't around for the rubber chicken and i thought it was a rip off of the chickens. Also the carrot looks horrendous. And i thought that jagex should have spent this time working on something people might have actually liked to do.

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

I think your very selfish for wanting to keep that item to yourself, everyone else deserves a similar item to.

Plus, at least your item dosent look like it just came out of a cows backside.

Plus im inclined to agree with Bauke, seriously QQ I played since 2001 so i deserve to get better item and be more specials than everyone else because i played since 2001, and anyone who played after 2001 cant be special because im a greedy @%#$#&%.

O.O

At least yours is more prettyful then this piece of [cabbage] we have...

I have not the rubber chicken, but I concur heartily! Most everything about this event was pirated from previous Easter's- the Chocotrice Incubator, the vermin, the parrot, and the reward.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

If Jagex truly wanted to nerf the rubber chicken, they would have given it away again this year. Very few people, at least in F2P, use the majority of holiday drops anyway. By summertime you'll be hard pressed to find the carrot anywhere. Feel secure in the sense of superiority that being in possession of the original rubber chicken brings you, and lord over all of us little people who suffer from haven't-played-as-long-as-you-itis.

Yes, the carrot is a pale imitation. Get over it. The rubber chicken will always be the first and the best.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You still have the rubber chicken.

I played runescape when it was launched and the yo-yo... Although I never collected them (too much of a noob) Anywhom. I'm jealous of you fro having that rubber chicken and that yo-yo. But now I have a turd... I'm indifferent... I'm sure in a few years when they launch the Candy cane... I would say, joy another fun weapon.

It's just a holiday item.

Luck be a Lady

I don't understand how anyone can be upset over this Easter event's reward. How many people will actually wield this thing in two weeks? Even if they do, can you imagine someone bragging about owning one?

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)