Barrows Armour

eXyle

I have made some money and now have enough to buy one of the barrows set.

Which set is the best to buy.

Most of my fighting is done with slayer.

The_Brodly.png

If you slay use guthans

make sure you have a whip though and black mask

carry the helm + spear in inventory so you use less food and save money :thumbsup:

Verac i think is next best but dont buy the flail or helm for slayer

Dharok is ok for praaying and pounding through tasks

Jamje.png

null and void

I was looking at guthans myself mostly.

I have a Whip/Defender and Black Mask. Shouldn't I use replacement for the body armor parts?

Also for repairing at Armour Stand, can I use assist for a cheaper cost?

The_Brodly.png

Use guthans with a whip + mask then

And it costs like 4k to repair it so i dont think it makes much difference, youll make that at least even on the crappy tasks

good luck with slayer

best skill ever :thumbsup:

Jamje.png

null and void

Guthans until 68 Summoning. Best to bring the Whip+Def and Black Mask and carry Guthan's Helm and Spear in your pack. The plate and chainskirt will be enough def wise. When you get 68 Summoning you can either sell just the helm and spear, or sell the whole set and buy either Torags/Dharoks Plate and Legs for great defense stats or Verac's for good defense and some prayer boost.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Guthans until 68 Summoning. Best to bring the Whip+Def and Black Mask and carry Guthan's Helm and Spear in your pack. The plate and chainskirt will be enough def wise. When you get 68 Summoning you can either sell just the helm and spear, or sell the whole set and buy either Torags/Dharoks Plate and Legs for great defense stats or Verac's for good defense and some prayer boost.

At 68 summoning, don't buy Torag's/Dharok's legs -- Verac's skirt gives the same defence plus a prayer bonus.

I used to use Guthan's religiously, but now I don't own it and don't miss it -- being able to use a bunyip almost completely replaces any need for Guthan's with the exception of the rare place that you can't use familiars (Barrows is the only place that comes to mind that one might possibly come in handy).

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

At 68 summoning, don't buy Torag's/Dharok's legs -- Verac's skirt gives the same defence plus a prayer bonus.

I used to use Guthan's religiously, but now I don't own it and don't miss it -- being able to use a bunyip almost completely replaces any need for Guthan's with the exception of the rare place that you can't use familiars (Barrows is the only place that comes to mind that one might possibly come in handy).

Combat familiars.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Combat familiars.

Are not as useful as healing familiars.

2Xeo5.png

Combat familiars.

healing familiars dont fight the last time i checked

Combat familiars.

So 15k mage xp an hour is not useful?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Combat familiars.

So 15k mage xp an hour is not useful?

wich familiar is that?

Wolpertinger. And even the lower-level ones like the overlord get over 5k an hour at some spots.

Wolpertinger. And even the lower-level ones like the overlord get over 5k an hour at some spots.

im curious wer u get this number from when ur summoning isn't ranked

Inashuakent and various others.

I find that not needing to eat is more useful than an extra 5-10k exp per hour.

2Xeo5.png

u wont if u use guthans

You have a poor sense of what is useful then. Saving 10k per hour does not justify losing a 10+% speed boost.

Lolwat?

Half of the time, healing familiars and unnecessary. Between food, SGS, Guthans, and prayer, you should be covered on most tasks. So if health isn't an issue, why turn down extra xp?

Here's my vote: Get Guthans until you hit 68 summoning, or the charms to get it if you need to sell guthans to get the level. Then buy Dh plate/T plate (I took Dh because it was cheaper at the time, might've changed, it's the same stats so take the cheaper) and Verac's Skirt. Since you slay, you won't need to buy a T Helm since you'll just use a Black Mask/Slayer Mask.

Oh, another place that guthans > bunyip is solo boss hunting. The health boost comes too slow. Bunyip would be better if you go with a team, but not solo or even duo/trio. It simply heals too little too late.