God Wars.

Gpguy

Should there be multiple rooms for each boss? Is Crashing a healthy part of competition, or is it something which can and should be avoided?

discuss?

You will earn my gratitude if you pick one thing about my post above which you would like me to change and send it to me in a private message.

One is enough, it is like this with every boss monster, and it works. As said it could drive the price down. If you cant stay in a world, you have to switch or abandon the trip.

maybe expand your post a little, you give very little information and arguments for your own stance on this subject.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Maybe something like a room once accesed can only be entered by people in your clan chat and there would be a different room for every cc.

also, godwars NEEDS a cutscene everytime you enter the room. atm its just like...bang, straight in.

Miseryism | Completionist

Well, Prices would come down. Unless the drop rates were changed to where a similar number of items were coming into the game.

Technology always gets better, and lag won't be a problem.

Crashing is, after all, not a very respectful thing to do, but people are forced into it, since there are often not any open LS worlds.

If Jagex has the ability to stop this once and for all, and make the experience of the Boss hunters more enjoyable, it seems almost unethical not to?

But then on the other side, Crashing is a form of competition, and in large groups, can alleviate the boredom of killing the same boss for 4 hours in a row. And the stronger person or group dominating is a very common part of the game.

You will earn my gratitude if you pick one thing about my post above which you would like me to change and send it to me in a private message.

to solve this they could put ls on every world

(why isn't it on every world anyway?)

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I don't think this would solve much. This would definitely anger a number of their highest level, and most loyal players who have a lot of skill and determination(soloers).

Instancing GWD bosses, with perhaps a cutscene before entering, would be the most logical way to solve this.

I don't think this would solve much. This would definitely anger a number of their highest level, and most loyal players who have a lot of skill and determination(soloers).

Instancing GWD bosses, with perhaps a cutscene before entering, would be the most logical way to solve this.

double the ammount of ls worlds we have now then. (we only have like 10 anyways)

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Again, Instancing GWD bosses, with perhaps a cutscene before entering, would be the most logical way to solve this. It would eliminate the need to increase LS worlds. In fact, we wouldn't need more than one LS world.

If they did this, they would have to answer to people who would ask "WHY NOT THIS TOO?!"

What do I mean?

I mean high level miners wanting private runite rocks as an example.

Then you have the economic issue...but it has already been addressed by previous posters.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Because some higher level people prefer to solo? How the hell would I find an empty world to solo in if every world is filled with huge LS teams?

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

Because some higher level people prefer to solo? How the hell would I find an empty world to solo in if every world is filled with huge LS teams?

Yes. Also as others have pointed out the price of BGS would fall. A lot. Making every world LS would roughly double it, I think, meaning double the amount of hilts coming into the economy.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't like this. Not only would it become far more common to be crashed soloing at the GWD, but also at lesser monsters such as the KBD or KQ. Although one could probably solo Graador for 1-2 kills before a team is ready to enter, Zil, who can be soloed around 15 kills, would be far more crashable (new word FTW)

I believe, as others have, that we have only 3 options:

1. Change nothing

2. Introduce instances, but reduce the drop rate significantly

3. Introduce instances, reduce the drop rate a slight amount, but allow a player to enter an instance only twice per 24 hour period, or something like that. If this were done, then something would have to be done about dying and gravestones however.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Although it does suggest you don't care about the party that's been there first, it shouldn't matter because this is a competitive game after all. Crashing just serves as a reason to train your character as strong as possible, get the nicest gear, and round up the best team in order to "outplay" other players for the resources (bosses).

Yes. Also as others have pointed out the price of BGS already fell. A lot. Making every world LS would roughly double it, I think, meaning double the amount of hilts coming into the economy.

Fixed.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

So, crashing could potentially affect the price of BGS initially. But that would be mostly because of speculation. But Jagex could fix the drop rates so that the price will eventually stabilize to where it would be without instancing.

Assuming the economic repercussions can be addressed, would it be a good idea to instance GWD? Or is crashing a part of healthy competition that is to be dealt with. After all, in life, crashers are abundant where there are no societal norms set.

Okay, let me ask you something first, what defines the meaning of a boss monster? Do other bosses have multiple spawns?

That being said, it is also important to note that multiple spawns would mean more hilts coming into the economy, and there is little exiting the game (except PvP, but everyone pro's item, rarely people lose a godsword) thus making the 'destroyed' economy worse. I personally dislike the idea of multiple boss rooms (of the same boss...) tbh, it would eventually lead to economical breakdown where every Gwd item would crash, hard. Godswords being extremely powerful weapons already, when it crashes to a state of disrepair, other weapons (and armour) would be more likely to fall with it, leading onto other... unpredictable things.

• 1 month later...

I think alot of people who suggest "instancing" this play WoW. :P

The problem with this game is everything from these bosses can be sold. If everyone got their own "room" then the amount of drops would be much higher. If you are a low level, much of the trip is finding a world. Lessening the drop rate would also not work. More people can get into it.

With WoW, weapon and armour are not tradable. People have to get them themselves, thus a higher influx of weapons/armour doesn't matter.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?