Costume Room - Support NOW and make a difference!

Dire_Wolf

Before you read, remember supporting this thread matters. Today there might be 5 supporters, but in a week there might be 100 supporters. When this reaches a big amount, Jagex will notice and hopefully they will take this rant into consideration!

So please: SUPPORT! (Otherwise me making the thread was a waste of time and you reading it)

Once a player reaches 42 Construction they can build costume room. It sounds good, but is it? NO.

The costume room has: a toy box, wardrobe, armour case, treasure chest, fancy dress box and a cape rack.

Toy box

A box which you store holiday items in. It's a nice feature and although not useful it is OK.

Cape rack

A cape rack which you can hang capes on. This is a great part of costume room for many players, i personally love it. But you should change it so you can store skill capes without the need of a hood (Though a hood hotspot should be there also).

Magic wardrobe

Everything here is great, expect one thing which really ruins the great part which is same thing as cape rack: Not being able to store individual items.

For mystic, you need the whole mystic set. This is bad...

Armour case

Armour case is useful, but just like all other parts at Costume room you can not store individual items. Further more there might be some items left which should have a hotspot. For example, why is there not a spot for Fighter torso?

That's really bad.

Fancy dress box

A box to store fancy items, random event ones that is. Useful, but you should be able to store individual items.

Treasure chest

A chest which you store treasure trails items in. It requires you to have a whole set to store stuff. Just like every other part: needs individual storage.

Final word

Everything requires a whole set, and i am wondering what the point is of this room. A mere facade? if so, then why bring it into the game?

I done alot Clues myself and often i have gotten items that was so cheap that i did not want to sell but neither keep in my bank. In such time Treasure chest would be nice to store it in, but i couldn't because you needed a whole set.

What's the point Jagex? Why add a room to Construction that not many would use?

If a player had every set of items and stored every items in the costume room parts, what then? Invite players/friends to house and say "Hey look at my Costume room!"?

You should modify the room for better. Make it more useful and more option able. That way players can for once find a nice use for the room.

Don't agree.

Costume rooms are just a way to keep the items outside of your bank. Does exactly what it says on the tin and there is nothing wrong with the way it works.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Individual storage might be good, but I wish Jagex would spend less time developing things that you looked at once and never looked at again, like summoning "pets" and these costume rooms.

Ultimately, if it has little relevance to gameplay, it will be neglected.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Individual storage might be good, but I wish Jagex would spend less time developing things that you looked at once and never looked at again, like summoning "pets" and these costume rooms.

true...i've hated the fact that they spent all that time developing bounty hunter...to knock it out about 6months after it's released....i have a new idea jagex...."why not fix the house before you sell it on the market"

div>

true...i've hated the fact that they spent all that time developing bounty hunter...to knock it out about 6months after it's released....i have a new idea jagex...."why not fix the house before you sell it on the market"

Even though Bh was a bad replacement for Wildy PKing, i still played it, but it would have been nice if the issues had been worked out before it was released. Not remove it and fix it one day out of thin air.

They should really consider what they intend to release before they just decide to invest so much time into it. Constume rooms are really for nothing but show, you show your friends once or twice one day, then its all over.

Updating the costume room might be nice, adding these freatures that were suggested might be a little change, but if it would take too much time, I think the time would be better spent on something else.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

^ Apparently they're nearly done with BH

I'd think the first thing they should do is make it so that you don't have to remove everything in the room if you want to move it. I used it to save bankspace, as mine is near full. Guess what happened when I decided to move it to the bottom floor of my house...? :wall:

There's probably some technical limit that kept them from doing it that way at the release. If that's been fixed, they should fix it to hold partial sets.

So far though, they've added Elite Black and Dagon'Hai. A start, but they could do more.

I can see the use, although I've never used the room I can see it being handy for those who do. Isn't this supposed to be in suggestions though? :?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I think it's fine as is. Jagex should focus their time on more important updates. The only real problem is the sets but I don't really mind.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

They only let you store full sets because if you don't have full sets of everything you probably have room in your bank. If you had a full set of everything you can store in the costume house you're going to be running lower on bank space. It's fine the way it is. And you get the hood with the skill cape purchase so I don't see the big deal in having to store them both. Saves a bank spot.

No where in your post did you say why its bad to have to store the whole set. If its because you only want to store one piece then why not just have it in the bank?

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

I <3 lunar cape, but if I want to wear it I need to keep all the pieces in my bank (EVERYTHING, normal body parts, plus ring, boots, gloves, necklace... that's a LOT.) It is a bit inconvenient. :( However, I'm sure there are better things they can work on, and it's not really that big of a deal. We DO have a lot of bank space. :P I just don't like cluttering my bank with items I'll never use. :(

Blakdragon39.png

I <3 lunar cape, but if I want to wear it I need to keep all the pieces in my bank (EVERYTHING, normal body parts, plus ring, boots, gloves, necklace... that's a LOT.) It is a bit inconvenient. :( However, I'm sure there are better things they can work on, and it's not really that big of a deal. We DO have a lot of bank space. :P I just don't like cluttering my bank with items I'll never use. :(

Buy 2 capes.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I know it isn't a major thing, but it would be nice to have.

That is a good example of why it would be nice. No need to have all of them in yor bank, which your trying to make space for.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

• 1 month later...

Toybox could have a use (use as in something Diango can't do) if it allowed players to wear/use holiday items of days-gone-by while in the actual owner's house. I've been playing since March '04 (missed Yo-Yo :cry: because I only played RSC at that time) so I have a lot of holiday items. When I wear them around/use them, I always have that level 60- saying "wot wep tat." and then proceeding to ask me if they can use/have/borrow it. Let them enjoy it for half an hour or so at house parties in world 31 - not a big deal.

And I would LOVE if you didn't have to use the whole set to store it. That would be great.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I agree. In fact I have almost the exact things you have, except on a suggestion in the suggestions forum (which may not have been the best place to put it, but still...), and still active (link in sig). There are slight differences in our posts, but they largely both support the idea of expanding the costume room to include more clothing.