drinking cocacola

Purcell364

Thats a huge amount of soda to drink. I know its been said a lot now, but DAYUM that is not good for you. I drank ~12 oz a day for about a year a few years ago, but that really wasn't being kind to my teeth, so I cut it. I only drink it if I have to eat fast food somewhere now, and I'm sure I'm much better off for it. Water is good.

-Juices can be just as bad (like, as in watching-your-weight-wise), a lot of them have high sugars too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the summer my main drink of choice was either coke or gatoraide :oops: .

Ok yeah, probaly not the best for me, but oh well :). Back to school now, so less coke and such. :(

A year and a half ago I drank on average 2 Litres of Pepsi a day, when I decided to quit. Didn't drink any pop for two weeks, despite a bottle of pepsi being in my fridge and my computer, at the time, being in my kitchen, one metre away from the fridge :o

Now, I only drink about 2 Litres a month. Most of my fluid intake is bottled water, orange juice, and occasionaly milk-based drinks.

There really is no morale to this story. Pop may seem like the only satisfactory drink, but once you are sober for a couple of months, you'll realize there are much better things out there.

hahhahahahah my we were talking about this in class last week and he said that it is a good contraceptive and i was like ahhh crumbs im sterile and hes like nah dosent work like that and im just said

oh sir thats yuc. works coz it is so acidic but then again so if your regular stomach acids

(you turn her upside down and pour it in)

A year and a half ago I drank on average 2 Litres of Pepsi a day, when I decided to quit. Didn't drink any pop for two weeks, despite a bottle of pepsi being in my fridge and my computer, at the time, being in my kitchen, one metre away from the fridge :o

Now, I only drink about 2 Litres a month. Most of my fluid intake is bottled water, orange juice, and occasionaly milk-based drinks.

There really is no morale to this story. Pop may seem like the only satisfactory drink, but once you are sober for a couple of months, you'll realize there are much better things out there.

2 liters a day :shock: . Wow, some days I dont even think I drink 2 liters of liquid, yet alone pepsi

lope6jw0.jpg

Heh, gj on the english daniel anyhow. But if you had read my other response, you would see that I am saying eating junkfood and drinking a ton of pepsi is amazingly unhealthy, but will not necessarily get you fat, as bluelancer is saying. And just so you know, I no longer eat junkfood/drink pop regularly. It is very, very unhealthy, although my weight doesn't show it, thats what Im arguing, not the fact that it's unhealthy.

You're right, you wont get obese if you only eat junk food and drink pop. 8) But if you don't excercise enough, those calories will be stored as fat in your body IF it exceeds your daily need of calories (the amount your body uses and burns)

Such as in your case, you were obviously consuming all the calories you took in. It's not physically possible that you could burn even the calories you took in but were stored as fat if you just sat around all day, it would happen to every person on the planet. If you were eating even MORE of junk food and pop, I'm sure you would've became obese in no time.

There are lots of american, totally healthy kids that have became over 200 pounds weight before 10 years old (mind you some are still under 5 feet tall). There is no 'magical' reason why it came to be so, they simply took in more calories than they consumed. They also didn't excercise enough to burn off the extra, obviously.

For example, you might've *thought* you were eating 'alot' of junk food, but in fact you were merely filling up your stomach and it was indeed your daily intake of calories, give or take a few hundred since I think I remember you said you excercised. There can't be any other explanation if, according to you, you didn't put on any extra weight.

Did you know after accidents the clean up crew spills Coke all over the mess of fluids (oil, gas, anti-freeze, brake fluid, etc.) to get it all off the road?

Urgh i really with people wouldnt post these "facts" based on urban legend alone.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

They did something with coke on Mythbusters, it cleaned chrome well and did one other thing decently, but nothing else iirc.

They tried to clean sparkplugs and other engine stuff and only resulted in making everyhitng sticky. The myth was busted.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

As did the plain water :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Btw: When I drink stuff, I only drink soda. I don't quite brush my teeth super-regularly. I've never had a cavity :D

Thoug lately I've started only drinking diet soda because I'm a girl and I don't want to be fat and ugly for my boyfriend. :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

i totally stopped drinking all types of sodas about 6 months ago.

ive never felt better.

they are just so disgusting, think about it, its just high fructose chemicals.

that stuff is not ment to be put into your body.

i choose not to give corporations whos products are just harmful to people, my money. Coca Cola and Pepsi are horrible companies.

Tell us all how good you feel in about 10 years when you are suffering from diabetes.

quit now while your ahead.

give it a rest.

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

i have something to ask to all those people saying it can eat through teeth in a few days: when was the last time u carried pop in your mouth for days at a time :P ...and assuming u brush your teeth properly there shouldnt be much of a dental problem

yes.png

You know, your teeth dissolves in all that acid.

And by the way if u didnt know a normal can of ?350ml coke contains 14 bags of sugar 8)

great risk for diabetes

ROFL the most wrong post in this entire thread. i'm not even going to bother arguing this is so stupid. :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

if coke can clean a carborator, it can sure well remove the lining of you esophagus, and you'll get heartburn, gerd, etc... not to mention all of the sugars and fats going in your body. whatever you eat/drink now, you will be made of for the next 7 years :shock: . so stop drinking coke.

(drink pepsi instead :twisted: ) (-.-)