Shield&defenders...

gero204

I heard many things about rune defender,dragonfire shield and dragon sq. I want to know witch one is the best to train atk and/or def and/or str. And does dfs worth to buy? Is that better to stay with dragon sq?Thanks

potplatebody.pnggero204.png

Dfs is pointless unless you do a lot of dragon slaying

Or boss monsters, or ranged tanking. Rune defender gets you by just fine on normal training/slayer.

D sq is pointless. Dump it.

Let me clear this up, it's all about what you kill.

Rune defender is best if you don't need much defence as it's bonuses are almost all offensive.

Using a dragon sq (defensive) would only be beneficial if the monster you're killing hits hard.

And a dragonfire shield is just a rich mans dragon sq, the defensive bonuses far outweigh any other sheild.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

If your strictly training, Rune defender.

If your fighting dragons, bosses, or other players, DFS.

Dragon square is only okay if you want to range tank. It provides less defense than a DFS but it's lighter and doesn't penalize you as much as a DFS can. It's also quite a bargain for a crossbow ranger.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

And a dragonfire shield is just a rich mans dragon sq, the defensive bonuses far outweigh any other sheild.

You can argue some spirit shields are better due to there specials.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

DFS is the best melee shield hands down.

Spirit shields are best for range and mage.

I'm sure it can be argued whether or not spirits own dfs in melee but I'm just going to leave...my opinion...here. ;)

Anyways, spirits will have to be out of the question because honestly, I'm assuming the topic owner doesn't have the money or has thought it to be not viable economically.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

I look at it this way. If the monster you are fighting has:

High Attack - Use a Dragon Square or Dragonfire Shield.

High Defence and Low Attack - Use the Rune Defender.

People forget about the +20 Attack bonus on the Defender. :) Yes, the DFS might have more Strength but that help you kill it faster. :P

Turnpikes.png

defender for slayer/training hands down 100% unless you have the 15m to burn on the dfs

d sq is pointless unless you want really high defence stats for fighting..... however everyone will say dump it

dfs is better than the rune defender, but only if you can afford it..... if you can't go for the defender.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I own a dfs, but I will try to be unbiased in this...

From my experience, if you do slayer a lot with a slayer helm/black mask, or fight undead with a salve ammy, the dfs wins. If you fight normally without at least a 15% stat boost, the defender is better than the dfs since you will hit 0's like crazy with the dfs ;)

5c96fbd7db.png

java2009021518224462vn5.png

PROUD Owner of Quest cape since 12/25/08 99 Attack Achieved 6/5/09

Drops: Dragon Boots x5, Dragon Chainbody x1 (Dusties) Abyssal Whip x3, Abyssal Head x1

Best single TT Reward: Saradomin Platebody + Zammy Page 3

..? alot of 0s? O_o? wtf are you fighting? i dont really use my defender anymore cause i have my dfs and i think its epic <3: if you dont want it dont get it O_o :ohnoes:

99 Atk/Str/Def/HP.

Ha46le.png

Ha46le.png

ha46le.png

slaying the bordom..one task at a time

When leveling melee there is two things that is best to have as high as possible:

1: Attack bonus (This makes you accurate and hit less 0s)

2: Strength bonus (Higher damage)

Rune defender is best option for training melee. It is just amazing.

Shields are mostly used for monsters that hit to much and you need to get a shield, but most monsters do hit that much.

..? alot of 0s? O_o? wtf are you fighting? i dont really use my defender anymore cause i have my dfs and i think its epic <3: if you dont want it dont get it O_o :ohnoes:

You realise that +2 strength is in no way better than +20 on attack bonuses?

Whenever I see people using dfs on non-dragon slayer monsters, I die a little inside.

2Xeo5.png