Extremist Animal rights idio...er..protesters

creepybacon

Up till now i've left animal rights to it..they want to "save" a creature who's going to be eaten by a larger animal in the wild anyway? Be my guest. But now there appears to be some extremist ones:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staf ... 177346.stm

Allow me to quote one of there worst offenses:

The widespread public revulsion at the campaign, which has included the theft of a family member's remains,

Need i say any more?

...Idiots.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off, the BBC is notorious for being one sided, take into accountance of what you can even believe from this article.

you are only hearing the side from the government who only take this into an account of vandalism or another illegal act . not to mention how much of it is untrue. this article is a poor excuse for the real story of what the animal rights "extremists" really did or why.

i can't speak for what they are doing over there.

But it sounds like you are more of an idiot to critisize someone for their opinion on the use of guinea pigs for vivisection is a horrible thing.

i have a guinea pig as a pet,

I am totally on the animal right side of this. Animal testing is not only cruel, but so unnessisary.

vivisection is scientific slaughter that has no point or purpose other than cruelty. there are so many better ways to test drugs, rather then injecting them into harmless creatures. what kind of race are we that we must use other species to further our own.

how sick.

Keep at at. im with them, animal testing must stop.

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

He's not arguing the cause. He's arguing how these idiots (and you're righ tto use idiots) are "protesting". How, for one, is digging up a family corpse supporting animal rights in the first place, I don't know. But why these people do such a thing is just as bad as what they're trying to stop.

It's the minority of hypocrites who ruin the arguement for all the other protestors out there. I know a few and they're disgraced at these extremists.

i agree, but whatever idiot thought digging up the families grave remains, would have any helping of stopping this farm from producing animals to send off to be killed, is a moron, and gives the rest of the people who are actually trying to end this a bad name.

but how do you even know that he was a part of the protesting at all.

The governent has been known to pull stunts like this to give opposing sides a bad name, so they can totally exploit them with their lies on their media stations.

I wont believe it.

however i do agree, extreme protesting is necessary, we cant let higher authorities do things we disagree with and not be able to 'fight' back. anyone can agree with this.

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

but how do you even know that he was a part of the protesting at all.

The governent has been known to pull stunts like this to give opposing sides a bad name, so they can totally exploit them with their lies on their media stations.

There's no way to know. But for the sake of truth as we know it, we have to take it for granted that it's true. Else we would be questioning everything.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Yeah I'm all for animal rights and I just can't stand cruelty to animals, but hate thos extreme protestors who have to ruin other peoples lives for the cause. They are just as bad people being cruel to animals.

sig2ho7.jpg

There's no way to know. But for the sake of truth as we know it, we have to take it for granted that it's true. Else we would be questioning everything.

all im saying is that you can't always believe what is on the news.

just like you said there is no way to know. unless you were actually there witnessing the events.

i disagree, i dont think we have to take for granted for what the BBC or any Mass media station claims in their reports, because for the most part its going to be just a one sided view of half truths.

WE HAVE TO ALWAYS QUESTION EVERYTHING, that is how you find out the truth. if we don't question, they could make even the most intelligent person believe a lie.

im getting way too off topic about what corrupt media has to say, haha

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

Animal testing is not only cruel, but so unnessisary.

How dare you say that kind of crap? I've had lots of family members and loved ones die because of cancer. I'd sure as hell given all the freaking guinea pigs (yes, including yours) in this world to find a cure for them. Yes I've had pets, lots more than you can imagine. But do you think that these animal's lives are taken for pointless causes?

We'll see how liberal you are when you see some pathetic protestants slowing down the search for a cure that will save a loved one.

You think you can find a way to spare the poor animal's lives? Be my guest. But don't complain when you're doing nothing but giving an ignorant's opinion.

(By the way, I am only replying to what I quoted, not stating my opinion on the topic)

How dare you say that kind of crap? I've had lots of family members and loved ones die because of cancer. I'd sure as hell given all the freaking guinea pigs (yes, including yours) in this world to find a cure for them. Yes I've had pets, lots more than you can imagine. But do you think that these animal's lives are taken for pointless causes?

We'll see how liberal you are when you see some pathetic protestants slowing down the search for a cure that will save a loved one.

You think you can find a way to spare the poor animal's lives? Be my guest. But don't complain when you're doing nothing but giving an ignorant's opinion.

(By the way, I am only replying to what I quoted, not stating my opinion on the topic)

pretty much everyone here (that posts alot) is an animal rights activist, this will probably get flamed to hell... but i have no problem with testing on animals, i dont think animals have any rights.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

People should do everything they can to help the animals and keep the Earth in as good as condition as we can. BUT: The lives of people>than any other living creature.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

Yeah, this might sound wrong, but survival of the fittest. Yes, that's what it is a lot. It's the way I see things (only the smartest/strongest survive).

I have nothing wrong with testing on animals as well, especialy if it could possibly someday save millions of lives.

Yeah, this might sound wrong, but survival of the fittest. Yes, that's what it is a lot. It's the way I see things (only the smartest/strongest survive).

I have nothing wrong with testing on animals as well, especialy if it could possibly someday save millions of lives.

This seems so much more one sided than 'survival of the fittest'. Its like a genius competing in Jepordy with a three year old. I don't know if that makes sence. :oops:

Its just idiots like that, who make people like me (vegetarians) look bad. Just for the record, not all vegetarians are like that. I don't really care about animal testing, or eating animals. I'm just a vegetarian, no main reason, I just am. Go ahead and test on animals, if it betters humans, go for it.

Its also ok to not believe in it, and even protest against it. But there is such thing as crossing the line. PETA has crossed the line, making people like myself look like idiots. Screw you PETA, and all you idiotic protesters. Protest in peace god damit. :roll:

AD

signaturecj5.jpg

A lot of these animal rights protestors really are idiots, they attack and threaten scientists who are trying to cure diseases and are trying to further the advance of the already deeply troubled human race. What value graverobbing gave the arguments for the animal rights protestors is beyond me.

I love animals as much as the next person (although apparently not as much as the protestors) but how you can put the rights of an animal that has never known any better and been bred for the purpose in front of the rights of a human being is once again beyond me. Animal testing for cosmetic products is wrong, i know that and i strongly dislike it. But i see animal testing that has the potential to cure terminal disease as wholly necessary, and how someone can agrue the case for a hampster against a terminally ill family member truly is beyond me.

To use the phrase survival of the fittest sounds cruel, but in a way it is.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

first off, the BBC is notorious for being one sided

ROFL thats complete BS. the BBC is the most unbias news resource on the planet!

I'm kinda busy at work atm so ill make a proper post on this later but i just wanted to quickly state that your opinion on the BBC is wrong.

and whasnt it the leader of PETA that has those life saving drugs a while back to stop her dying.... ones that had been tested on animals :roll:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

neocrosby wrote:

first off, the BBC is notorious for being one sided

ROFL thats complete BS. the BBC is the most unbias news resource on the planet!

I'm kinda busy at work atm so ill make a proper post on this later but i just wanted to quickly state that your opinion on the BBC is wrong.

I was thinking that myself. The bbc and the goverment are hardly best of friends and the bbc hardly trys to cover things up and/or spice them up. I think anyone in England would know that by now due to there past. :roll:

Anyway guys..calm down a bit i only posted it because i fail to understand how digging up a dead woman justifys trying to save some rats (i consider them rats so don't have a heart attack over me saying that. :roll: ). Specialy when the people in question more than likely use the products and benifit from the experiments they do on them. But like the guy said they have now made it worse because they will be getting them from france and germany where they are bred in worse places.

I don't really know what to say about the animal testing.

I mean...Is there another way to test ? Or you can only test on animals or humas? I mean, if I had to choose between testing on animals and humans, I'd choose for animals too (not that I like it of course).

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Mmm it is a dilema. I am 100% against animal testing for cosmetic purposes. Call me a hypocrite if you like but i really dont think its fair for animals to be tested on just so some chavvy tart can get cheap makeup. However... there are people that i know that would t not be alive today if the drugs they were given didnt exist. Drugs that were tested on animals and proved to be life saving. I value a human life over an animals and while I wish there were better ways, there arnt. Animal testing has proven to help find cures for disease and survere illnesses.

Animals bred for experimentation have to adhere to some pretty high standards and the closing of the farm in england will only mean that more animals will be bred in brutal farms in other countries to meet the demand.

I know its only a small minority but there are some animal rights protesters that discust me. If a terrorist organisation such as the IRA can destroy its weapons to campaign purely politically why cant these animal rights guys.

Digging up dead bodies is a discusting act and I hope these people will be put to justice. How would they like their own mother's body desecratred?

The leader of PETA also accepted life saving drugs and im 100% that many other members of PETA would accept them too.

PETA may be the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals but they certainly arnt ethical to human kind. They target young vulnerable people especially young girls who dont fully understand it all. They also held and anti-milk campaign. Milk is essential in the upbringing of children to give them stonger bodies. PETa also runs a "Jesus was a vegan" campaign to try and get Christians to back them and their unethical causes. the heart is in the right place but i disagree with 90% of what PETA do.

They also give financial support to listed eco-terrorist organizations such as the Animal Liberation Front and Earth Liberation Front, both associated with firebombings and other actions of industrial sabotage.

If you are going to campaign agaisnt something do it properly, do it by the book. the legal and political route cannot be ignored and the acts currently committed by these (small number of) animal rights guys is damning the entire ideoligy behind it and doing more damage than good.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

For all of you interested in the UK there is a live Radio debate on this subject on BBC2 right now.

*Correct at time of posting*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/

Click on the listen live button in the top left, or just put on your radio :P

If you listen on the internet you don't need to live in the UK.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

If you miss the show you can go to the 'Listen again' feature which will probably have the show on later this afternoon to download.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

PETa also runs a "Jesus was a vegan" campaign to try and get Christians to back them and their unethical causes

Hahah, I saw one of those brochures, it was titled "what would Jesus eat?"... and on the FAQ part of it, a question was "didn't Jesus eat fish?".

Their answer was "well yes, but we don't believe he would today"

rofl...

Funny stuff :P

summerpngwy6.jpg

If we're moving on to the whole issue of animal testing then I, like Matt, am 100% against cosmetic testing.

However, there has been invaluable progress made through animal testing curing some illnesses/diseases etc. The idiot who flamed on the first page has some basis, after all we do feel more remorse for our families (usually) than a rat. It's cruel but necessary in some cases.

I keep hearing about testing getting worse and crueler on animals and then I hear scientists are developing new ways which don't require animals. It's a real flip flop subject, I want it to continue for the major breakthroughs it might bring, but really, it's still pretty cruel on an animal, raising it just to test it and kill it.

I value a human life over an animals and while I wish there were better ways, there arnt.

Oh there is.

As these extremists feel so strongly, strongly enough infact to dig up a dead womans body..why don't they volunter to be tested on? Oh yes. That's when there caring goes out the window. It's just a bunch of nobodys with nothing better to do so they try causing trouble, it makes me sick there are people like that in my country. Even worse is they try to make excuesses about caring when we all KNOW there are better ways to do these things and they are really just out to cause trouble.

Edit: I edited the title as it came across wrongly. I wasn't calling ALL animal rights protesters idiots incase anyone got the wrong idea. I do NOT mind protesting...it's a free country i just cannot stand mindless acts of violence for no reason - this topic is aimed at the extremist ones.