Range - Best way to train?

ClimberKid

I am currently level 55 Range, and I'm not the biggest fan of it as a skill. I have however come to realise the potentional of it, and how powerful and useful it can be. A higher range level will also obviosuly allow me to wear better dragonhide armour, which I will find useful when meleeing monsters with mage based attacks. This then brings me to my question. What would be the best/easiest/quickest/most enjoyable way of raising my ranged level?

Climber_Kid.png

Current Goal

Climber_Kid.png

I would do 55-70 on moss giants (ct or northwest of ardougne) because of decent drops (snap seeds, half keys) and prayer with big bones.

This, or once you get 60/665 range maybe try the Fire Gians in the Waterfall.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

50-70 yaks for pure xp, or soulwars.. Moss giants for both xp and money, or Green dragons for uber cash (you can tank knife).

70+ is pretty much just fire giants unless you wanna spend mils.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

50-70 yaks for pure xp, or soulwars.. Moss giants for both xp and money, or Green dragons for uber cash (you can tank knife).

70+ is pretty much just fire giants unless you wanna spend mils.

*is gonna spend mills*

dun like to kick the same creature's [wagon] over and over again!

anyway... 60-65 yaks 65-70 fire giants. the fire giants should cover the costs from 60-70 (use broad bolts for fire giants! you won't regret it! slower, but a lot more enjoyable to me.)

xxquinnxx1.png

xxquinnxx1.png

70-90 aviansies. 90-99 grey chins at ape atoll.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Thanks for the help so far everyone, I think I will pay Mossy a visit and start ranging the hell out of them soon! One last request, can anyone recommend the best form of ranging (like bone crossbow with bone bolts etc) for ranging mossys?

Climber_Kid.png

Current Goal

Climber_Kid.png

Knives

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I would do 55-70 on moss giants (ct or northwest of ardougne) because of decent drops (snap seeds, half keys) and prayer with big bones.

I think you'd be pretty godly if that was your ranged llevel.

I think you'd be pretty godly if that was your ranged llevel.

Betcha he meant 65!

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".