Mage needs an overhaul!

wildyowns70

After trying to mage in new Bh worlds I was fighting a player with full rune and me using fire bolt and bind he keeps hitting through my armor and when i bind him and take a few staps back he is attacking me again..... F2P NEEDS SNARE and atleast air wave!

arguement is on :D

98% of all runescape players wastes most of their time on skilling, if you are one of the 2% that stayed with player killing. Put this in your signature.

There is no reason for snare and air wave in F2P. Why are you even asking for air wave if you are using BOLT spells? The point is to attack from afar, not to wait until they're attacking you before you bind. Mage is fine as it is if you use a little strategy.

This should go in rants unless you have a real suggestion?

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

Too bad of your 5 dollars I guess.

He is using Fire Bolt - He didnt even pay 5 dollars...

As for the discussion... or lack of it, this topic has come up many times with different opinions on the matter, but overall most people agree that f2p maging is underpowered compared to melee and range.

(This will probably get locked or left to rot =P)

Edit: Been moved to rants so no lock I guess.

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

F2P mage is strong until high levels. Imo all f2p mage needs is snare and better defense robes and it's fit to compete for a long time.

Mage is ridiculously broken. It's good in massive teams, and sucks 1 on 1.

You're P2P, so you must be talking about P2P magic. In which case you are horribly and completely wrong.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Thanks for pointing him to my suggestion...

I agree that F2P magic needs an overhaul - heck you should use one of my signatures.

Check out my suggestion, see the awesomeness, add your support.

Hopefully Jagex will see it, I've been trying to contact several pmods, to try and get them to read it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

There is no reason for snare and air wave in F2P. Why are you even asking for air wave if you are using BOLT spells? The point is to attack from afar, not to wait until they're attacking you before you bind. Mage is fine as it is if you use a little strategy.

You sound like compfreak #2. What strategy (apart from using fire blast) is he going to use? He's already binding. Oh, and this thread is already in Rants
The_Maddest.png

You sound like compfreak #2. What strategy (apart from using fire blast) is he going to use? He's already binding. Oh, and this thread is already in Rants

Running around any obstacles. Experienced magers can kill a meleer without taking a hit, with a little luck as well.

That requires obstacles to run around.

And even if those requirements are met, some pjer will probably just hit the mage.

With PvP worlds and the entire wilderness open again, that probably isn't a hard requirement to meet.

Point taken on the pjers. But that doesn't mean that mages can't do this tactic, which is the important thing.

That requires obstacles to run around.

And even if those requirements are met, some pjer will probably just hit the mage.

With PvP worlds and the entire wilderness open again, that probably isn't a hard requirement to meet.

Point taken on the pjers. But that doesn't mean that mages can't do this tactic, which is the important thing.

The point is that even with this tactic, which has many requirements and needs bind to NOT fail (it dose fail quite a bit tbh) the mage still probably isnt going to win, and even if he is winning, the meleer can run away while happily eating his lobsters before the mage has a chance to kill/ko him.

O.O

Running around any obstacles. Experienced magers can kill a meleer without taking a hit, with a little luck as well.

Yeah, mages need real life skill (trickery and graphical illusions such as ancient magic delayed+delayless spell combos) to kill, melee does not need, therefore magic is underpowered. Even a non-experienced meleer can kill a mage easily. One or two dds/claw specials are enough - mages are almost defenceless against melee. Mages can kill meleers only if they're foodless and a farcaster can be jumped at any time by other players.

Magic max: 32 (one shark can negate most of the hits)

Ranged max: 48+48=96 (average player can be killed in one special hit, it doesn't even need to hit the max as the average player's hp is much below 96)

Melee max: 110 or something like that

Someone might say that max does not matter, but yes it does. If your max hit is higher, your average hit will be higher too.

You know what needs an overhaul?

This forum.

STOP RANTING ABOUT HOW MAGE 'SUCKS'.

You just suck at mage, and F2P is basically melee.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

This forum.

+1, I don't get how all of you STILL think that mage sucks.

Just because it takes skill and is hard to do, does NOT mean that it's bad. That just means you lack the skill to do it. Does that make the skill worse? No it doesn't, it's your own problem that you can't master these skills. If you can't mage the right way and don't want to pay the effort to try, then you have no right to complain about it being hard.

Mage can hit hard. I think it can hit in the 70s with the ancient + obby ring combo. Ranged max is 96. Melee max is only around 80 with d claws. I don't think dh gets it to 110. Last time I checked, dh got a max of 84 or 85. Then throw in how you can get 2 ancient effects of your choice, and mage is a winner.

This forum.

F2P is basically range. If you're anything else you are going to be destroyed, unless you're <40 combat (mage) or 110+ (melee).

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

This forum.

F2P is basically range. If you're anything else you are going to be destroyed, unless you're <40 combat (mage) or 110+ (melee).

I'd personally place the melee number at 90, but it depends on defense really.

Mage can hit hard. I think it can hit in the 70s with the ancient.

Remember that the ancient magic combos are just graphical illusions. Some spells just have an animation delay and some don't. You're not hitting higher with the combos, unlike with melee and ranged specials.

The magic combos are similar to lag combos. You lag and suddenly you see 4 damage bubbles on your enemy. Or, you are walking and lag. Suddenly you start running fastly but no energy is used.

Remember that the ancient magic combos are just graphical illusions. Some spells just have an animation delay and some don't. You're not hitting higher with the combos, unlike with melee and ranged specials.

The magic combos are similar to lag combos. You lag and suddenly you see 4 damage bubbles on your enemy. Or, you are walking and lag. Suddenly you start running fastly but no energy is used.

Um, no it's not?

Ancient combos aren't lag combos lol. They aren't illusions either. You get a bunch of damage done in a small time frame, it's not because of lag or anything. It's just how ancients works.

Either way, mage CAN get 70 damage in 1 round of combat. All that matters.

So, are d claws just an 'illusion'? Or DDS?

I've seen clips of mage combos effectively hitting at the same time, faster than DDS. It's not just graphical, the actual damage hits also arrive at the same time. You can't eat in between them.

So, are d claws just an 'illusion'? Or DDS?

I've seen clips of mage combos effectively hitting at the same time, faster than DDS. It's not just graphical, the actual damage hits also arrive at the same time. You can't eat in between them.

D claws, DDS and other specials are not illusions. Magic combos are. Jagex could just remove the delay from all of the spells and the resulting damage would still be same but you would see the damage separately.

There is a time between all attacks. You just can't hit instantly after your previous hit with non-special attacks. The time used for the spell animation counts as the time between attacks. No extra hits done with the combos.

Animation delay is not used in the special attacks. The specials really hit two times in the same amount of time used for one normal attack.

Magic combos: you use the time required for two attacks to deal two damage bubbles

non-combo: -----hit|-----hit

******combo:-----hit|hit-----

Double-hit special attacks: you use the time required for one attack to deal two damage bubbles

two specials and two normals:

-----hithit|-----hithit|-----hit|-----hit

DPS would be the same but mage's overall effectiveness would be drastically nerfed. I guess you could call it an illusion, but mage combos' power is definitely very real :)

And the combos are better than specs; you can eat between DDS hits but not inside a combo (if they do it right).

82ne2xy.gif