Tip.It Times: 10 May 2009

n_odie

I agree with the first article. I can understand why they made 2007 the year of beating RWT, I can understand why they made 2008 the year of winning back the combat orientated players, but now we have an umbalance to skills. I hope they make 2010 the year of the skills.

I don't like fighting but skilling is quit money losing.

StGerolf.png

Something to note about skills...A large reason why many of the non-combat skills are a money loss has everything to do with skillcapes and little to do with the overwhelming amount of content involving killing. If you get a very large amount of people cooking 100k fish for the sake of the experience, it very quickly becomes unprofitable.

Although I agree that a lot of content has become centered too much around combat, skillcapes are in my personal opinion the reason why so many skills are such a money sink.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The one about the languages and how the Dutch play but don't get their rewards was interesting. The first one (about how combat is so important) just told us what we already knew. And I didn't really read the fictional one.

I'd love to see some Jewish events :thumbsup: .
Me too. I made a thread about that earlier, although almost all the people replying were going nuts along the lines of " There's more (insert culture here) so why should we etc etc. I think now there should be just one from each major culture, o that way mostly everyone gets a treat, and (lol at this idea, just HAVE to throw it in) some parents may be attracted to it, as their culture is recognized as something other than a few numbers and statistics on a graph. I'm tired of saving the Easter Bunny's pink behind in April, I'd much rather be celebrating in a wacky fun costume during Purim at a similar time of year. (Dressing up as the Easter Bunny would be a funny pun for Purim though).

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

TL;DR

Sorry, but what does this mean/stand for?

Too long; didn't read

This is a response to the Tip.It Times: 10 May 2009.

I was too lazy to read it.

Honestly, if your not going to read it, why post in this topic?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

In the first article, the writer seems to have forgotten, that all skills rotate around combat in the first place.

You mine so you can smith armor. You fish so you can cook food. You Make runes so you can do magic. You cut wood so you can fletch arrows to train ranged.

Etc etc etc.

Too bad you can't smith the best armours in the game, such as Barrows or Bandos or Armadyl. You can't fletch the best bow in the game, the Dark Bow. You can't make all the runes, as souls are still yet to be enabled.

This means if you want any of them, either you're going to have to skill a lot for the money, or fight the monsters to get them. And to get at them, you need to train your Combat.

So in order to wear some of the Combat gear, you need to get higher levels or at least train it. This includes the fact to get Lumberjack for Woodcutting, you have to do a Combat minigame. In order to get a Dragon Hatchet for skilling, you either have to buy it or fight the Dagannoth Kings.

Most "Skills" don't have any "outfits" truly. Skillers just make outfits out of items that have no skill requirements, mostly the ones without a combat requirement such as some of the Treasure Trail rewards. But the level 3 with 99 fletching, 99 cooking, 99 fishing, 99 woodcutting, 99 agility, and anything else can only wear what a level 70 Combat pure can wear plus then the combat items. Hunter I do believe is the ONLY skill that has a requirement to be able to wear the piece of clothing by needing a certain hunter level versus a combat level or no requirements, and that's with the Spotted and Spottier Capes. Yes mining requires 41 to use a Rune Pickaxe, but it doesn't help another skill like the Hunter gear does.

I think Jagex needs to focus on maybe making more consistent drops instead of adding more new ones and make some skills the needed requirement to get the items. Maybe make it LIKE the Dragon Platebody, but where the items help the Skiller type instead.

In the first article, the writer seems to have forgotten, that all skills rotate around combat in the first place.

You mine so you can smith armor. You fish so you can cook food. You Make runes so you can do magic. You cut wood so you can fletch arrows to train ranged.

Etc etc etc.

Too bad you can't smith the best armours in the game, such as Barrows or Bandos or Armadyl. You can't fletch the best bow in the game, the Dark Bow. You can't make all the runes, as souls are still yet to be enabled.

This means if you want any of them, either you're going to have to skill a lot for the money, or fight the monsters to get them. And to get at them, you need to train your Combat.

So in order to wear some of the Combat gear, you need to get higher levels or at least train it. This includes the fact to get Lumberjack for Woodcutting, you have to do a Combat minigame. In order to get a Dragon Hatchet for skilling, you either have to buy it or fight the Dagannoth Kings.

Most "Skills" don't have any "outfits" truly. Skillers just make outfits out of items that have no skill requirements, mostly the ones without a combat requirement such as some of the Treasure Trail rewards. But the level 3 with 99 fletching, 99 cooking, 99 fishing, 99 woodcutting, 99 agility, and anything else can only wear what a level 70 Combat pure can wear plus then the combat items. Hunter I do believe is the ONLY skill that has a requirement to be able to wear the piece of clothing by needing a certain hunter level versus a combat level or no requirements, and that's with the Spotted and Spottier Capes. Yes mining requires 41 to use a Rune Pickaxe, but it doesn't help another skill like the Hunter gear does.

I think Jagex needs to focus on maybe making more consistent drops instead of adding more new ones and make some skills the needed requirement to get the items. Maybe make it LIKE the Dragon Platebody, but where the items help the Skiller type instead.

Totally agreed.

One of the MAIN reasons why "second level" industry skills like smithing, cooking, fletching, crafting, etc are just a money drain is because there is NOTHING unique that you can gain from having high levels in all these skills. Most of the stuff you can buy for a FAR cheaper price, due to the freaking monsters/people dropping drops that used to belong to skillers only.

Cooking's worthlessness is probably due to the ease to get level 99, so everyone wants to get a skill cape, buying raw food like madmen, resulting in cooking becoming useless, as raw food is worth more (more people buying) than cooked food (not as much people want). This is totally absurd. Think of it this way. In a market, you see someone screaming "Selling raw trout $10 each! Selling cooked trout $5 each!!" The sheer amount of people with 99 cooking makes the value of cooked stuff drop.

What I suggest for Jagex, is to RE-LOOK at the monster's drop list. Remove rare items/items that should only belong to the highly "skilled" (literally) from the drop list. Although this will make those idiotic warriors rant like mad, the small population of skillers will rejoice. Also, Jagex should introduce new VERY GOOD armour, weapons, food, runes, etc that can ONLY be made by smiths, crafters, fletchers, cooks, runecrafters, etc. This will bring back balance to the world of Runescape.