My very first pixel lol. [WIP]

Spartan625

SO I got bored I'm going for 99 cooking. Figured I'd make a pixel of a kitchen and eventually put my player in it with cook skill cape.

My first pixel, kitchen with a few cabinets, Two sinks and two ovens .. maybe hang pots and pans on the back wall, Window with sun skyline and small bit of grass. Should I continue the grass to the skyline? Or what tell me please :)

pixel.png

pixel2b.png

pixel3.png

Spartan%20625.png

^^ CLICK FOR MY DAILY LOG ^^

Its okay, I guess, really basic.

Out the windows looks really really weird.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

You probably saved it as a .Bmp and then the uploader changed it to .Jpg, right? If so, go back and save the file as .Png and re-upload it. You should get a higher quality image by doing that. Once you have that up, I'd love to help you out with your pixeling. :D

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Maybe curtains hanging on the side of the window a long with a window still make make the window more recognizable.

The sink needs depth, I know its in its basic stages, you you should outline where the sinks drops down and stuff like that, it just looked like a grey square.

*gasps at lack of perspective*

just kidding :) nice job for your first pixel. i really must insist you change the perspective of how your looking into the room, i would make it more... "how you would view it in your eyes" not like your looking out from a helicopter from way above.

heres my example: please excuse the ugliness, im using a laptops touchpad mouse, paint default colors, and lack of time (spent 2 mins on it.) i hope you get the point though.

crud.png

if you need to look at other pixel artists work heres some links to mine and some friends that i can find/remember off the top of my head.

mine:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/PixelMood/i ... wtopic=279

Assasin pkers:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/PixelMood/i ... wtopic=104

Hiimbens:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/PixelMood/i ... owtopic=37

Acejacks:

http://www.zybez.net/community/index.ph ... ic=1231386

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Notice the window looks more like a 2D picture. (the sun in the corner is so cliche too!)At that perspective all you'd see is ground, no sky.

The sinks are better, but there's no space between the wall and between the doors. That's what makes the faucet look so 2D, is that it's drawn upon a 2D surface(the wall). Try putting some spacing there.

cliffside1ra5.png

I think you need more perspective... It looks so isometric and that's like the easy way out of pixelling.

On your cookers, I think you should manually make the circles/ovals instead of using the circle tool. It came out quite uneven ze?

Ah, there was something wrong with your floor too. It took me a while to find out what it was lol. I noticed you were going for the whole isometric/even thing but your tiles are a little mismatched. Some are big and some are thin.

As Grasle stated, you won't see the sun out of that window because we are looking down upon the abnormally huge kitchen. Perhaps we'll only see grass.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I think you need more perspective... It looks so isometric and that's like the easy way out of pixelling.

On your cookers, I think you should manually make the circles/ovals instead of using the circle tool. It came out quite uneven ze?

Ah, there was something wrong with your floor too. It took me a while to find out what it was lol. I noticed you were going for the whole isometric/even thing but your tiles are a little mismatched. Some are big and some are thin.

As Grasle stated, you won't see the sun out of that window because we are looking down upon the abnormally huge kitchen. Perhaps we'll only see grass.

thats the word i was looking for... yeah listen to them they know stuff :thumbsup: also hai guys whats crackin?

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Looks nice so far, are you removing the tiles or just removing them to replace?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber