Hints towards future quests - Cold War 2 & Desert Quest

Den

Today, I was informed through Twitter Feed about two new messages which im certain are hints to the penguin series and a desert related adventure.

newpenguin1.png

URL: http://twitter.com/OfficialJagex/statuses/1845757817

newpenguin2.png

URL: http://twitter.com/OfficialJagex/statuses/1845800528

One of them mentiones a Jam Session with Ping and Pong. Ping and Pong are penguins who use cowbells and bongo's to make music in the Ice Berg north from the Rellekka area.

The second one asks if we have our flip-flops, suntan cream and mentions a mummy.

This would be mentioning the desert of course. We also know from the chaos elemental letter that there is a new desert quest coming soon.

The only difference between the two is a time stamp which can be found on the first one.

My guess is the new penguin quest is coming in about 45 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes from this post.

Any other ideas?

Meh I guess I should've of posted this :lol:

The RSDev bit makes me thing the penguins one is a dev diary, with a Desert Quest coming today/tomorrow.

You should also add that they have a project at the moment to allow people to change their names sometime in summer. :)

Dark_Jab.png

Also:

@Boklau: we have a project this launching summer that to allow all players more freedom with their names, including them being changeable

it's going to be difficult to recognise people if they change there name every time. :wall:

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

Also:

@Boklau: we have a project this launching summer that to allow all players more freedom with their names, including them being changeable

it's going to be difficult to recognise people if they change there name every time. :wall:

I'm sure they'll come up with something to prevent chaos.

Also:

Yeah I really don't like all this name changing stuff. Especially if they make it so people can just change it every day turning it into an msn screen name type of thing.

I suppose we'll see how it plays out eh

Also:

I'm not sure how Jagex will go about implementing it, but it would certainly be nice to get rid of the Dark in my name, I hate walking around in Saradomin gear knowing my name sort of contradicts my alignment.

Dark_Jab.png

I got the impression from the first tweet was that the translation team have a meeting about the penguin quest later today rather than it be a hint that a DD is going to come out in that time.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Sounds like we have at least one quest coming out very soon.

If the penguin one is today, that's brilliant. But there's only ~35mins left...

:pray: New banner pl0x?

2v8sgvs.png

Well, there's 15 minutes left in their time frame, so if they include the 10 minute update counter, that would have to pop up in the next 5 minutes. =P~

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Well we got the desert quest.

I think mercifull was right about the penguins being discussed by the content team in a meeting.

No new banner :(

2v8sgvs.png

Also:

Saying project not update... launching is something like what you would do to something massive. MechScape much?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Also:

Saying project not update... launching is something like what you would do to something massive. MechScape much?

where does it mention mechscape? all i see is name changing :wall:

pilipod.png

Also:

where does it mention mechscape? all i see is name changing :wall:

It would seem logical to release it when MechScape comes out.

Also they're using the word project rather than update, a project is something far larger than an update.

They're not saying 'releasing' either like you might expect for a normal update. Again, Launching is something you do with a new product like say... MechScape.

The timing would fit too, releasing their new MMO when summer comes and school is out.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].