21st May 2009-Guaranteed-Content Poll & DevDiary: Run Energy

Mil

@ pub

Yay, more useless items! -.- As for the whole "bar" concept and new ale being added... Yay, I can't wait to shove my hand in my face with nothing actually being in it! -.-

Going to laugh when the update comes out and you whinged for absolutely nothing.

If pretending to drink alchohal at a "bar" (which you can't even sit in by the way) is what you do for fun then I hope you have a blast. Maybe if bars actually did something then I'd care about this update. But seeing as how you can't sit in them, there is no actual item shoved into your mouth and the fact that bars are useless, this update will be useless. If everything had an animation for eatting, like a Keg of Beer does, then maybe a bar would actually be fun. :roll: Do you really think the new Rangers Ade beverage will be useful? Cause it won't. It will be like every other beverage in the game - useless. Skewered Kebabs? Yeah, because the skewered foods are all a massive hit in Runescape. :roll:

Useless like Greenman's Ale, or Dwarven Stout?

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

@ pub

Yay, more useless items! -.- As for the whole "bar" concept and new ale being added... Yay, I can't wait to shove my hand in my face with nothing actually being in it! -.-

Going to laugh when the update comes out and you whinged for absolutely nothing.

If pretending to drink alchohal at a "bar" (which you can't even sit in by the way) is what you do for fun then I hope you have a blast. Maybe if bars actually did something then I'd care about this update. But seeing as how you can't sit in them, there is no actual item shoved into your mouth and the fact that bars are useless, this update will be useless. If everything had an animation for eatting, like a Keg of Beer does, then maybe a bar would actually be fun. :roll: Do you really think the new Rangers Ade beverage will be useful? Cause it won't. It will be like every other beverage in the game - useless. Skewered Kebabs? Yeah, because the skewered foods are all a massive hit in Runescape. :roll:

I think you're getting runescape mixed up with real life :| .

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

A little dissapointed that the lying down wont happen. I really like the thought of being able to do that. Perhaps in the future the bugs relating to that could be ironed out and we can get it.

Would be nice if Jagex gave us the option of sitting on bar stools though for the pub update :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Terror bird special 3 times, energy pool > sitting down for a couple of minuites listning to crappy polyphonic java music which most people have their RS music turned off anyways.

And some crappy bar which people are going to go in for 5 minuites purchase some of a new alcahol that increases whatever skill they chose by an allmighty 1 level and then it's just going to be another deserted bar in rs.

Terror bird special 3 times, energy pool > sitting down for a couple of minuites listning to crappy polyphonic java music which most people have their RS music turned off anyways.

Yea, becausae low leveled people and f2p'ers, who this update is geared towards, can totally use Terrorbirds and the energy pool. Derp.

And some crappy bar which people are going to go in for 5 minuites purchase some of a new alcahol that increases whatever skill they chose by an allmighty 1 level and then it's just going to be another deserted bar in rs.

Should show us your Jagex credentials, since you know sooooo much about these updates before they're even out.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

... So this run update will make a high Agility just about useless.

ohnom.png

It won't higher agility will refill your energy even faster. They talked so much about balancing in this DD, yet you grasped nothing of it?

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I didn't see anything about that in the DD in the OP's article. If they talked about in another one, woo, no problems.

Not about Agility specifically, but a lot about balancing. Don't worry, they thought about it ;) I also remember Andrew adressing the matter on the forums and saying that it wasn't a problem, and I think he confirmed that it would recharge faster with higher Agility.

EDIT: Found this on the forum thread for this diary:

Q: As a player that took the time and effort required to get 99 Agility, I'm concerned as to how this will affect that.

A: This update will be beneficial to both high level and low level players. It is something which is currently being balanced.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

... So this run update will make a high Agility just about useless.

ohnom.png

Shortcuts count for nothing?

Taverly Dungeon's just about it as far as shortcut's usefulness goes.

Oh, and the Cosmic Altar shortcuts. I remember being excited about those way back when.

Agility needs to have a complete makeover. It should be a skill that helps in combat as well somehow.

Should be made a requirement for some new high-end weapons. Maybe when they release the eastern lands they can add katana's up to dragon requiring agility levels to wield, just to spice things up a bit. :)

Dark_Jab.png

Agility needs to have a complete makeover. It should be a skill that helps in combat as well somehow.

Should be made a requirement for some new high-end weapons. Maybe when they release the eastern lands they can add katana's up to dragon requiring agility levels to wield, just to spice things up a bit. :)

You know, I kinda like that idea ::' And maybe the chance of a critical hit or special effect depending on your Agility level? Like Guthan's but less random.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

You know, I kinda like that idea ::' And maybe the chance of a critical hit or special effect depending on your Agility level? Like Guthan's but less random.

Well crystal requires 50 agilty. Would be nice if they released a lot more crystal gear.

You can then have pure crystal items which require 70 agility.

I still think the next skill will be crystal singing.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!