The new slayer monster.

sicksk8er1

Right, i've searched the forums and can only find one thread regarding the upcoming slayer monster, which has unfortunately turned into a discussion about the level requirements for the monster. I decided I wanted an intelligent thread with ideas on WHAT the monster could drop.

NOTHING ABOUT THE LEVEL REQUIREMENT PLEASE.

I'm a level 89 Slayer, yet, still excited about the prospect of a NEW monster. I don't care about the level requirements, there's a new monster to train slayer on and a brand new item so SH.

Any ideas on the item?

Good ones posted here...

One I have already read about on the aforementioned post was a kind of 'Black Mask' for ranging.

1. Some form of Ranged stat boosting shield. (Demoliboy2)

2. A new mage armour (although difficult to give one monster an entire set.) (Guitar_God_2007)

3. A mage shield. (Pulli23)

4. A mage equivalent of the Black Mask (darkjab) - Hey atleast it would provide a viable training method to stop people no-life alching untill 99 and then whilst complaining about it.

5. Magical Fishing Equipment or skiller tool to increase a certain skill. (Langer)

sick_sk8er_1.png

99 Slayer, I don't have it yet. But it'll come.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine it is going to have something of SOME value, seeing as it is actually being slightly hyped up. It could be something like a mist battlestaff, making it the first combination battlestaff to give infinite air runes.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

I imagine it is going to have something of SOME value, seeing as it is actually being slightly hyped up. It could be something like a mist battlestaff, making it the first combination battlestaff to give infinite air runes.

Although this being absolutely amazing in terms of cheap mage training, I don't see it happening tbh. Although it might push up the price of blood runes again as water wave could be an excellent spell to cast. It could casue the game to be slightly un balanced, making mage an easy and much cheaper skill to obtain 99 in.

I do very much like the idea of a ranging shield. That would actually be awesome. Range do need something to train with.

Mage armour is definitely needed also, as rangers now have armadyll.

sick_sk8er_1.png

Although this being absolutely amazing in terms of cheap mage training, I don't see it happening tbh. Although it might push up the price of blood runes again as water wave could be an excellent spell to cast. It could casue the game to be slightly un balanced, making mage an easy and much cheaper skill to obtain 99 in.

I do very much like the idea of a ranging shield. That would actually be awesome. Range do need something to train with.

yeah but jagex are not going to give high mage armour in comparison with Armadyl from a level 78 slayer monster. If anything cos they state this is a water based monster it will either use water mage or range attacks, and if thats the case its hardly new we have that with waterfiends.

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

yeah but jagex are not going to give high mage armour in comparison with Armadyl from a level 78 slayer monster. If anything cos they state this is a water based monster it will either use water mage or range attacks, and if thats the case its hardly new we have that with waterfiends.

Being possibly the only person in the game who HATES waterfiends, I can gladly say this:

I have blocked waterfiend tasks and have no intention of ever unblocking them. I'd rather get 99 summoning through gold charms than having to kill waterfiends.

I didn't mean a mage armour on par with armadyll; from a level 78 that would be rediculous. What I mean is a better mage armour than we have now. Although, as stated in my first (edited) post, I doubt mage armour highly, as one monster would never be able to drop an entire set.

I hope you realise i'm not arguing with you, i'm a nice guy (honestly), i'm not gonna start an argument on my own post. I jsut feel as if there was a miscommunication between my words and yours.

sick_sk8er_1.png

:o How can you hate waterfiends?????

160+ charms + 150-200k profit per task....whats not to like?

It's quite easy really, all you have to do is not enjoy them.

I think they're slow, annoying to kill effectively and a waste of resources.

If I want crimsons so badly, abby demons aren't too bad for crimsons, plus those whips aint bad either. ::'

sick_sk8er_1.png

Believe me, you're not the only one hating waterfiends. :P

Yay, there should be a herd (an albeit small herd) of us clutching our conventional weapons with decent uses other than waterfiends *cough* zamorakian spear *cough*. We'll go around and kill decent monsters that don't annoy the living [bleep] out of us.

sick_sk8er_1.png

If anything cos they state this is a water based monster it will either use water mage or range attacks, and if thats the case its hardly new we have that with waterfiends.

I know this doesn't really have much to do with drops, but it does have to do with what the monster is.

[hide=Jagex quote]

But I haven't told you the most exciting thing! I saw a sea monster! We were on the way back from Entrana, going around Mudskipper Point. The sky was dark and a bit of a storm was blowing up. All the monks on the ship were getting scared and praying to Saradomin. The captain monk was shouting for them to do something to the sails (I still don't understand nautical jargon), then suddenly there was a sort of CRUNCH as the ship hit something! The monks were too busy to see anything, but they wouldn't let me help so all I could do was watch. I saw something big and dark moving under the water beside our ship. Then the lightning flashed and I saw this thing sticking up out of the water, like an eye on the end of a stalk. It looked around for a moment and I'm sure it looked straight at me, then it went back down into the water and the monster went away.

Zanik_SeaMonster.jpg

[/hide]

Could this possibly be the slayer monster? In terms of drops I do agree that it will be a mage or range based drop due to it being a water based monster. I think that a Mist staff would be too much of an imbalance to the game unless this monster has a unique challenge associated with killing it, such as maybe having to take a ship, then finding it with your hunter skill, lure it out of the water with mage or range (maybe an on ship cannon?), and then fighting it in it's own area.

Also, this ship is not an intro to sailing :roll: , It would be something that you would rent from a npc or something.

(I appologize if this was mentioned on another thread, I haven't been able to be on the last couple days)

--EDIT--

Actually, I forgot that they said that this creature will be in an addition to the slayer caves :oops: , so nevermind about that whole luring/chasing thing I posted earlier.

lightningsig-1.jpg

Thankyou money for bringing this post back on topic. I fear it was straying too far.

Although you have edited your post I thought it was actually a good idea and you can't believe how glad I am for you to have justified yourself rather than giving 10 million people the chance to hi-jack my thread with 'ZOMG SAILING! LOZLZLZLZ!LL!LZLZ!'

I saw that postbag from the hedge; it was very interesting and even had a good old Nessy reference for us English people to smile at. However I beilieve it to be a coincidence, as Jagex have already stated where the monster is to reside.

sick_sk8er_1.png

Uhm instead of mage armour: maybe some magic SHIELD? (basically apart from arcane the unholy book is the only shield for magicians).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I like how you insulted high level players who have valid opinions regarding the matter, then tell them that they're not allowed to post.

If you don't want this to become a level requirements discussion, I suggest you edit that first line out.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Thankyou money for bringing this post back on topic. I fear it was straying too far.

Although you have edited your post I thought it was actually a good idea and you can't believe how glad I am for you to have justified yourself rather than giving 10 million people the chance to hi-jack my thread with 'ZOMG SAILING! LOZLZLZLZ!LL!LZLZ!'

I saw that postbag from the hedge; it was very interesting and even had a good old Nessy reference for us English people to smile at. However I beilieve it to be a coincidence, as Jagex have already stated where the monster is to reside.

Lulz you silly silly people. The "sea monster" mentioned in the postbag was one of the penguin submarines. They saw the periscope. I thought this was beyond obvious.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]