Obsidian Rings

D Jay99

Hi,

I'm going to get around 1.5m range xp at aviansies, using obby rings. Since they only buy in increments of 100 every 4 hours, I'd like to know how many I'd actually need to get that xp, so I can stock up on them.

It doesn't have to be exact, just a general idea of how many I'd need. I currently have ~2k rings banked, would that be enough or would I need like 5k more rings or something.

Thanks in advance :)

2dvjurb.png

I'd say the ring break quite a lot (I lost 3 while firing 10 times in CLW.) you probably need some more.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Why?

obby rings are the BEST xp and fastest kills at aviansies

well i've calculated needing ~5k bolts for 4k kc (1.2m xp)

so about 5k more should do

Thanks, I guess I'm going to bank like 8k of them.

Thanks everyone :)

2dvjurb.png

It is also interesting to note that these throwing rings are the exact equivelent of the Magic shortbow with Rune arrows, except that it's onehanded and has no special attack.
Try rune arrows? They'd be cheaper and easier to get a hold of but 2h so you'd need good range defence.
imagangster.png

It is also interesting to note that these throwing rings are the exact equivelent of the Magic shortbow with Rune arrows, except that it's onehanded and has no special attack.
Try rune arrows? They'd be cheaper and easier to get a hold of but 2h so you'd need good range defence.

Obby rings are faster I think and one handed (need zammy book for unagressiveness), so I'll just stick to those.

2dvjurb.png

Obby rings are faster I think and one handed (need zammy book for unagressiveness), so I'll just stick to those.

Nah they are the same speed.

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Nah they are the same speed.

obby rings are simply the best(very fast) way to kill aviansies and they beat rune arrows easiliy. Heck, almost anything(e.g. bolts/knives/darts) beats rune arrows there... (go ask compfreak if you want proof:p)

ragingnewb.png

Looking at the price graph of obsidian rings, I'd personally wait for the price to crash (as it often tends to do as merchers ply their trade) and save a few hundred thousand gps. To answer the original question, yes you will probably need about 5k more :P

ichigosig2da4.jpg