Last one to post wins

ProtoGuy

I'd just like to remind you all of this rule:

2.1 - English is the only language used on Tip.It Forums

We understand that English is not everyone's native tongue. All ask is that if you post something in another language besides English, you must also post an English translation of it. It doesn't have to be perfect, as long as you try to get it as close as you can. Non-English text is allowable in signatures, avatars and profiles (both images and text) as long as an English translation is provided or can be provided upon request of an Administrator or Moderator. We do not require a translation within the actual signature, avatar or profile because we understand there are space limitations. But if a translation is not provided upon request, the content will be removed.

If you post in another language, please provide an English translation for others to read.

I think that's more directed to non-english speakers who make entire posts in foreign languages. A snippet or two of russian thrown in every now and then is not hurting anyone.

The posts which were removed were completely in another language. Had they had more to them than that, I would have edited rather than removed them.

But what I'm saying it that it's not like those posts were excluding anyone from any kind of discussion because they couldn't read them. They were posts with single lines of text that were more than likely irrelevant to anything that was being "discussed", which at the time I think were those comics. Completely harmless.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

That doesn't take away from the fact that the posts which were removed were removed because they were against the rules - and I even quoted the specific rule for everybody to read on this thread.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Eh, at least you explained, in depth, why you were deleting posts.

Unlike some mods/admins.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Nobody was offended and nobody was feeling excluded by not being able to read them. Did somebody report the posts? Or did you delete them for the sake of deleting them?

They were deleted because they were against the rules. Simple as that. You have to provide an English translation if you wish to post in another language.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

If you guys think that this rule isn't really fair or necessary, feel free to make a thread here, where the proposal can get feedback from other members of the community and help to get the rule changed.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Probably that Anon

(y_guy)

reported the russian.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

1226560-raptor_banditos_super.gif

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Because there are more people than just you that hide behind the guise of Anonymous Users.

Dear mods,

We almost never have a problem with the rules (with the exception of maybe the talking about bans one). What we have a problem with is the universal application of he rules, especially within the rule breaking post isn't harming anyone.

Let me ask you this. Why do we have rules on TIF?

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I realize there is probably not a mod on ATM and I won't want to argue this point when they get here, but I'll just leave that there.

Dear mods,

We almost never have a problem with the rules (with the exception of maybe the talking about bans one). What we have a problem with is the universal application of he rules, especially within the rule breaking post isn't harming anyone.

It's almost uncanny how similar that post is to the pm I sent an admin half an hour ago.

16185_s.gif

Dear mods,

If you want to know the truth why we're here specifically, we have been receiving comments regarding this thread. Part of our job is to minimise the harmful effects of rule-breaking, as well as dealing with the sources of that harm. Nobody want to see people getting irritated at each other, otherwise it simply ruins the atmosphere of the thread and the forums at large.

What has been happening here has been causing more harm than you think, we have the rules to try to minimise it.

We really don't want to get in your way, but deal is that everyone needs to make sure we aren't forced into doing so for the sake of the forums.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Who visits this topic and complains about it? I mean, I never see anyone besides the regulars and the mods. Unless its the guests, which I doubt.

Yes, this is all rhetorical. You won't/can't answer.

Who visits this topic and complains about it? I mean, I never see anyone besides the regulars and the mods. Unless its the guests, which I doubt.

Basically what he says.

If ANYONE is complaining, it has to be a regular. AND if it is a regular, they should know that we are just trolling/having fun. Each regular member has their things about this thread that they don't like. For me it is when Pie spams. For Halo, it is when I post ponies. For Napalm, it is cat pics/gifs hour.

But regardless, we all stick around and put up with each other. We can manage.

Guys, I'll come clean.

It was me. I reported every single instance of cat images and gifs. Sorry.

THIS IS A JOKE IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE.

A JOKE MEANT FOR HUMOROUS REACTIONS, LIKE MOST JOKES. NOT INFLAMMATORY IN ANY WAY.

16185_s.gif