Level 3 skillers

gongusan

who cares. i read like 3 posts and am bored. failed thread.

Whilst this thread is boring he brings up a valid point. There are some challenges in being a skiller but the main reason people decide to make a skillers is for bragging rights/ shortcut to getting famous. They know they can't reach zezima status the fail at making RSMV's so they skill it up in hopes to get 'omg woah no waiii a lvl 3 with 99 cooking' Yet they fail to realize cooking has no combat relavance thus who cares what lvl you have cooking cape at. This goes for the same thing as..OMG LVL 3 WITH SANTA#!@$#!. Since when does making money have to do with combat.

ik i always tell that to the noobs who are in complete awe if a lvl 3 has 99 fm or something. isnt the only reason combat is shown because it was important to see how powerful the people around you were? otherwise i'm sure the combat level next to the name wouldn't be there.

If you ask me total level/xp should be shown there. Unless in pvp.

O.O

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares. i read like 3 posts and am bored. failed thread.

Whilst this thread is boring he brings up a valid point. There are some challenges in being a skiller but the main reason people decide to make a skillers is for bragging rights/ shortcut to getting famous. They know they can't reach zezima status the fail at making RSMV's so they skill it up in hopes to get 'omg woah no waiii a lvl 3 with 99 cooking' Yet they fail to realize cooking has no combat relavance thus who cares what lvl you have cooking cape at. This goes for the same thing as..OMG LVL 3 WITH SANTA#!@$#!. Since when does making money have to do with combat.

ik i always tell that to the noobs who are in complete awe if a lvl 3 has 99 fm or something. isnt the only reason combat is shown because it was important to see how powerful the people around you were? otherwise i'm sure the combat level next to the name wouldn't be there.

If you ask me total level/xp should be shown there. Unless in pvp.

There was actually talk/suggestion to have examine player and it would show their total lvl or something 8-) I supoprted it but not sure where the threads at anymore :c.

As for the person saying combat greatly helps someone make cash i dissagree. Sure it may be tought at first with low stats but in the long run it adds up + once you have cash theres this thing called merchanting. Last I checked theres no combat relatedness to merchanting :shame:

6590ew.jpg

You need a lot of money/luck/reallypro/scamclan to make decent money merchanting. Until then, combat is the easiest way to make money.

I lol'd. Just because you can't merch doesn't mean others can :lol: . You don't need a lot of money I'd say 1m is fine - Ofcourse profits won't be as great. As for luck not really - Look at graphs pick items smartly don't buy 15m needles and hope to get lucky ::' pick items smartly as you would if you were going to invest in the stock market. Reallypro patiences more like it. Scam clan lolz...if you're smart you'd figure out items before clans pick em up and then you could easily 'ruin' or 'dump' safely on them :evil: Theres also item collecting I'm sure theres a few things you can collect w/out gaining combat up...But this is getting off topic since it's about skillers not rich low lvls :lol: [but my point is it's easy to make cash and easy to skill at a low combat level. ]

Bringing it back ontopic from the last thing i said reminded me of this...Why neglect combat? After all it's still a skill..It's still on the STATS page. You still get a SKILL cape when you hit 99. So yeah :P

6590ew.jpg

My point is that its far easier to make money at a higher level, and that even WITH merchanting, which is hardly fail safe and makes crap money at "1 mill" killing green dragons or something while waiting for your item to rise is far more effective than cutting yews/doing some other crap skill for money while waiting for your item to rise.

So yes, it is harder to make money as a low level, because among the best ways to make money are from combat, and the only things that are comparable skillwise is double nats, rune mining, GOP (if your really good) and maybe a few others, all of which (except for GOP) require extremely high levels when compared to combat.

O.O

My point is that its far easier to make money at a higher level, and that even WITH merchanting, which is hardly fail safe and makes crap money at "1 mill" killing green dragons or something while waiting for your item to rise is far more effective than cutting yews/doing some other crap skill for money while waiting for your item to rise.

So yes, it is harder to make money as a low level, because among the best ways to make money are from combat, and the only things that are comparable skillwise is double nats, rune mining, GOP (if your really good) and maybe a few others, all of which (except for GOP) require extremely high levels when compared to combat.

Once again I lol'd. The people with let's just say 500m as an example...They obviously gained all that cash from Killing Green dragons :lol: Cool theory sadly I doubt they did. Sure gw and monster killing can obtain you large piles of cash but merchanting isn't that hard you can easily merch your way up from 1m to a nice santa hat since that's what peps are like ' Omgz0rs lvl 3 in santa!' Uhh cool his combat has nothing to effect how he/she can obtain/make cash. And thanks for pointing out that you can merch + do other things such as skill for more cash so yeah once again it's really not that hard to make money on a lvl 3.

6590ew.jpg

Other than merchanting, the widely accepted best way of making money is GWD, so if you do both merchanting AND gwd, you do it alot faster than a level 3 would.

Solo merchanting is omg as good money as everyone says, most of the time it has to be supplemented with other forms of making money.

Plus, a level 3 would have to skill for a long time to get a decent capital for good merchanting, until then they will run around making 100k a week from merchanting. Sure its nice to have, but until you have more than 5-10 million its not amazing.

1 mill - 13 million is 13 times the money you had to start with, if you can "easily" multiply your money by 13 from only merchanting then your a very good merchanter, until then your exaggerating or [cabbage]ting.

I know most of the people with HUGE cashpiles is from merchanting, but thats because they killed monsters/skilled to a large capital, and then started merchanting for there cash, as well as get money from GWD, etc, a level 3 takes much longer to get a decent capital for merchanting than someone with combat would.

Tell you what, make a level 3 right now, WC to 1 mill GP, and then merchant to 13 million, if you can do that in less than a few months, i will accept that level 3's can make money almost as easily as other players.

Also, this has to be said...

But improve your grammar.

O.O

you serious? LOL. this isn't english class buddy, this is an online games fansite. you want nice properly structured essay posts, well then i suggest you look.... i don't know actually, maybe ask your english teacher?

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

Other than merchanting, the widely accepted best way of making money is GWD, so if you do both merchanting AND gwd, you do it alot faster than a level 3 would.

Solo merchanting is omg as good money as everyone says, most of the time it has to be supplemented with other forms of making money.

Plus, a level 3 would have to skill for a long time to get a decent capital for good merchanting, until then they will run around making 100k a week from merchanting. Sure itsnice to have, but until you have more than 5-10 million its not amazing.

1 mill - 13 million is 13 times the money you had to start with, if you can "easily" multiply your money by 13 from only merchanting then your a very good merchanter, until then your exaggerating or [cabbage].

I know most of the people with HUGE cashpiles is from merchanting, but thats because they killed monsters/skilled to a large capital, and then started merchanting for there cash, as well as get money from GWD, etc, a level 3 takes much longer to get a decent capital for merchanting than someone with combat would.

Tell you what, make a level 3 right now, WC to 1 mill GP, and then merchant to 13 million, if you can do that in less than a few months, iwill accept that level 3's can make money almost as easily as other players.

:lol: Yes my grammar is bad but I really wasn't trying to type all perfect. Seems like you have some work to do on your grammar as well.

It was only fair to edit your grammar after you so kindly critiqued mine. You had a passive voice statement as well ::' . Grammar is a lot of nitpicking and sometimes I don't feel like I must be so focused on grammar on a silly topic about RS :lol: but enough with grammar :]

As for telling me to make my cash pile grow 13 times larger why would I waste my time off my other accounts :lol: . I'm sure many skillers have made cash through merchanting and just because you can't do it doesn't make this invalid. Plus if you skill correctly, I don't think it's too hard to make cash. Also there is easy things you can do for cash such as item collecting. Sure combat can make it easier to obtain cash but it certainly doesn't limit lower levels to very little options for cash. If my friend gets online I'll ask him about some common item collecting he does which gets repetitive but still brings in the dough.

6590ew.jpg

Sorry, i don't deny i have crap grammar, but try to make it easier to read.

As for telling me to make my cash pile grow 13 times larger why would I waste my time off my other accounts :lol: . I'm sure many skillers have made cash through merchanting and just because you can't do it doesn't make this invalid. Plus if you skill correctly, I don't think it's too hard to make cash. Also there is easy things you can do for cash such as item collecting. Sure combat can make it easier to obtain cash but it certainly doesn't limit lower levels to very little options for cash. If my friend gets online I'll ask him about some common item collecting he does which gets repetitive but still brings in the dough.

13 times your cash pile is not realistic in a "short amount of time" it just isnt. Items rarely if ever rise over double there price in less than a month, so if your basically a "perfect" merchanter you can double your money every month.

In other words, it would take 3-4 months to merchant perfectly from 1 to 13 million cash. Thats not easy, i honestly don't think you or anyone else can double your money once a month consistently with the exception of being a leader/high ranking member of a merchanting clan.

Also, list all the best money making methods from skilling, anything but Rune mining and 91 RC, list some good ones that require reasonable levels and i will agree that skillers can make money as easily as people with combat.

As for telling me to make my cash pile grow 13 times larger why would I waste my time off my other accounts :lol:

Worst excuse ever.

0-1 million can't take all that long if its so easy to make money skilling. And merchanting will only take like 5 minutes a day.

O.O

Sorry, i don't deny i have crap grammar, but try to make it easier to read.

13 times your cash pile is not realistic in a "short amount of time" it just isnt. Items rarely if ever rise over double there price in less than a month, so if your basically a "perfect" merchanter you can double your money every month.

In other words, it would take 3-4 months to merchant perfectly from 1 to 13 million cash. Thats not easy, i honestly don't think you or anyone else can double your money once a month consistently with the exception of being a leader/high ranking member of a merchanting clan.

Also, list all the best money making methods from skilling, anything but Rune mining and 91 RC, list some good ones that require reasonable levels and i will agree that skillers can make money as easily as people with combat.

As for telling me to make my cash pile grow 13 times larger why would I waste my time off my other accounts :lol:

Worst excuse ever.

0-1 million can't take all that long if its so easy to make money skilling. And merchanting will only take like 5 minutes a day.

I find it a reasonable excuse thanks :] Why skill on other accounts when I have too many accounts already that could be used to make money or skill. As for gaining 1m-13m by wcing isn't that hard :] + theres few lucky merches you can get WITHOUT MERCHING CLANS. Like honnestly read a graph or two and a 'merching clan' will probably pick it up if not the item will get to equilibrium eventually since there is a surplus of the particular item selling for cheap / min prices.

Why take away skilling like mining? Such an idiot thing to say. Okay you get rid of some skills and I'll get rid of some monsters? Sounds fair? I'm not saying OMG SKILLERS ARE TEH BEST WAY TO GAIN MONEY. I'm saying it's really not that much different. You can still maintain good cash flow as a low lvl. Since you obviously don't need to waste cash on armor food etc - Generally speak a skiller would invest it back into stats anyways.

-Crafting, used to make money haven't crafted in ages was minimal but friend made money all the way to 99 it added up + a nice cape

-Mining, iron, addamant, mithril , and runite which you say doesn't count?

-Woodcutting, yews,mages

-Fishing, lobsters,swordfish+ tuna if you do it in fishing guild, sharks,monks

-Smithing, buy say addy ores and super heat while mining in guild.

-Farming, herbs

-Rcing, airs are fairly decent cash, nats etc

-fletching junk

Ever heard of top pure f2pers? how do you think they afforded 99 prayer? Monster killing cockroaches? :lol: Obviously theres money in skilling and merchanting. Neither of which require combat really.

Think about it..Can we agree that the 3 common ways of making cash is monster killing, skilling, and merchanting? 2/3 options isn't that bad. Yes monster killing can obtain good cash but my original point was that it shouldn't be surprising to see a low lvl with good items/cash.

BTW Don't be a hypocryt about grammar and come back to me saying oh I never said my grammar was good. As for making it easier to read..why waste your time reading my posts then? Also you're writing around a 12th grade lvl [estimant ] I'm probably a lot worse like 8-10ish. Geuss what grade level newspapers use? 10th grade so why don't you dim down your posts to the average reading lvl? No that's stupid.. write how you want and I'll write how i want. If you want to debate then fine debate but attacking my grammar is a pathetic attempt which is irrelevant to this lil debate. But since you obviously strugle to read my posts just stop replying to them.

6590ew.jpg

few lucky merches

Self explanatory.

Ever heard of top pure f2pers? how do you think they afforded 99 prayer? Monster killing cockroaches? :lol: Obviously theres money in skilling and merchanting. Neither of which require combat really.

I havent really been talking about f2p, but i admit in f2p skilling is better than combat. In members on the other hand.

-Crafting, used to make money haven't crafted in ages was minimal but friend made money all the way to 99 it added up + a nice cape

-Mining, iron, addamant, mithril , and runite which you say doesn't count?

-Woodcutting, yews,mages

-Fishing, lobsters,swordfish+ tuna if you do it in fishing guild, sharks,monks

-Smithing, buy say addy ores and super heat while mining in guild.

-Farming, herbs

-Rcing, airs are fairly decent cash, nats etc

-fletching junk

Crafting, you said its minimal yourself.

Why take away skilling like mining?

Mining, its incredibly crap money until 85, and THEN its good money, but still not as good as some combat methods. Fact is by the time you get 85 mining, you could have probably got a combat level of 70-90. Also even if you did have 85 mining, a level 3 would get slaughtered by revenants. As far as i can tell, the wilderness is the only place a level 3 can mine rune.

Woodcutting, 150k an hour is crap.

Fishing, 150k an hour is crap.

Smithing, not sure about exact cash, but still crap compared to combat.

RCing, airs are like 100k an hour at 99. Nats are good, but they don't compare to combat until 91.

Fletching junk I'm going to emphasize junk.

No its not surprising to see lower levels with lots of cash, infact many high levels use skilling to make cash (whether because they want XP or if they are ignorant) BUT it is significantly harder to make cash as a level 3, and many skills ARE harder as a level 3.

Geuss what grade level newspapers use? 10th grade so why don't you dim down your posts to the average reading lvl?

I think my posts are relatively easy to read, anyway i read lots of newspapers, and i really havent seen anything close to my/your level of writing.

But since you obviously strugle to read my posts just stop replying to them.

I'm not going to stop replying to a post just because its hard to read, I think its an interesting argument.

O.O

No its not surprising to see lower levels with lots of cash, infact many high levels use skilling to make cash (whether because they want XP or if they are ignorant) BUT it is significantly harder to make cash as a level 3, and many skills ARE harder as a level 3.

The bolded phrase was my point \' I've been our rune mining and some low lvls still do it. I've never done it on a lower combat account myself so I couldn't tell you how hard it would be. But I can tell you when i'm out there mining rune rarely do I run into more lower lvl'd revs always those damn orks and revknights :lol:

Merchanting is a lil luck and a lil skill. But as I stated earlier if we can agree the 3 main ways of making money are:

• [*:27iy8vct]Monster Killing[*:27iy8vct]Merchanting[*:27iy8vct]Skilling

Then you still have 2/3 of the choices to make money. Obviously merchanting is the best since you can still skill or monster kill while merchanting.

I disagree - mining is a great skill but how would you know until you actually try it. There are still mithril ores and adamant ores that you can mine which is fairly decent cash. Whilst i said crafting was minimal the person I'm friends with ended up making a good amount of cash. The thing that separates the two, skillers and more combat related people, is consistency. Skillers have more of a steady income and are willing to take a little longer to make cash. So I geuss you can say respect to lower leves for having patience/hardwork to obtain a santa or w/e. But you can't say nice santa or w/e to a higher level because obviously higher levels can make cash so much easier and it's expected of them to be rich?

6590ew.jpg

Merchanting>Combat>Skilling.

I agree with dandamans message .

Jenny! :-P I have to half-agree with that statemenent. Merchanting DONE RIGHT generates more wealth per time than combat or skilling. Merchanting (as well as combat), when done poorly, generates minimal, if not negative, revenue. As for skilling being in the basement of the profit hierarchy, no arguments there. Double nats aside, skilling is not particularly profitable at all.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

Merchanting>Combat>Skilling.

I agree with dandamans message .

Jenny! :-P I have to half-agree with that statemenent. Merchanting DONE RIGHT generates more wealth per time than combat or skilling. Merchanting (as well as combat), when done poorly, generates minimal, if not negative, revenue. As for skilling being in the basement of the profit hierarchy, no arguments there. Double nats aside, skilling is not particularly profitable at all.

Okay if you throw away double nats we still have mining - rune ore mining is really good money :thumbup: . And if you dare throw away that then I geuss we'd have to throw aside GW and some other monster killing. But yea as gen put it Merchanting > Combat > Skilling. Just because skilling is last doesn't mean it cannot produce profit.

6590ew.jpg

I disagree - mining is a great skill but how would you know until you actually try it. There are still mithril ores and adamant ores that you can mine which is fairly decent cash. Whilst i said crafting was minimal the person I'm friends with ended up making a good amount of cash. The thing that separates the two, skillers and more combat related people, is consistency. Skillers have more of a steady income and are willing to take a little longer to make cash. So I geuss you can say respect to lower leves for having patience/hardwork to obtain a santa or w/e. But you can't say nice santa or w/e to a higher level because obviously higher levels can make cash so much easier and it's expected of them to be rich?

No its not expected of them, its just less surprising to see a santa from a level 126, as opposed to a level 3.

Mithril just can't compare to anything, addy on the other hand might generate decent profit, ive never tried so myself, but it still requires high skill level and would probably generate less profit than green dragons. Ive never rune mined myself, but ive heard its somewhere between 300k-500k an hour, and if you don't run into revenants it could compare to combat. If you do you could be running home with your 20 ore when you get 1 hit koed by a rev.

Oh and the bolded point is what im trying to get at, its harder as a skiller, also not everyone can merchant, almost anyone can merchant to make a few 100k a month or something, but few people can merchant well.

O.O

If you do you could be running home with your 20 ore when you get 1 hit koed by a rev.

I've never died to a Rev while mining rune ore :lol: Infact I can run away and world hop and still be generally close to the rune rocks still. I've never died to pkers while rune mining either.

addy on the other hand might generate decent profit

Since when was 70 mining hard :lol:

It may be harder as a skiller but I don't think it gives them a right to have attitude problems that oh i'm better than you etc. Which most of the idiotic new skillers do imo. Nor does it give me or other high leveled people to be an [wagon] to lower levels. It's not more surprising to see low lvls with 99 skills or high skills [ unless it's a cmb related skill such as slayer ] compared to a high lvl. Same with money I think speed of producing money is just how bad you want to make cash. Also take into consideration skillers won't need armor food weps pots etc so that saves money and can add up. So we can come to an agreement here...Skillers deserve some respect but not so much to worship them and be like OMGZ0RS UR S0 KEWL. And skillers shouldn't be all cocky saying i'm better than you when they really can't back it up. then i'd respect them even more if they aren't being all cocky.

6590ew.jpg

If the skiller is nice about it, who cares?

If he/she is a jerk, ask them to go mine in Al Kharid with you. That should shut them up.

Oh and merchanting is for the win! Even if I generally fail at it.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I've never died to a Rev while mining rune ore :lol: Infact I can run away and world hop and still be generally close to the rune rocks still. I've never died to pkers while rune mining either.

You have a level 3 with 85 mining?

It may be harder as a skiller but I don't think it gives them a right to have attitude problems that oh i'm better than you etc.

If you read my previous posts you would have found that i don't like it when skillers are cocky as well, I'm just saying that they do deserve slightly more respect for having high stats/skills/money as a higher level, because it IS harder to be a skiller.

Also take into consideration skillers won't need armor food weps pots etc so that saves money and can add up.

The money estimates for green dragons, avansies, etc take into account food.

So we can come to an agreement here...Skillers deserve some respect but not so much to worship them and be like OMGZ0RS UR S0 KEWL.

I agree with that, i respect skillers, its hard, but i don't worship them anymore than i would a level 100 with similar stats. Sometimes it bugs me how people think that skillers or low levels with high stats deserve so much more respect.

O.O