RuneScape Mainpage

Pirate_Felix

I agree with the above post, why havent they made a new skin btw? the chosen commander one is still there -.-

I guess they will probably update it with either MA, dwarf quest or the zanaris makeover. :?

Those early webpage screens brings back some memories. I started playing just before they changed it to last layout.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the above post, why havent they made a new skin btw? the chosen commander one is still there -.-

I guess they will probably update it with either MA, dwarf quest or the zanaris makeover. :?

Those early webpage screens brings back some memories. I started playing just before they changed it to last layout.

You're pretty new then

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

[hide=]

[/hide]

You're pretty new then

If 4+ years is new then i guess so.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

[hide=]

[/hide]

You're pretty new then

If 4+ years is new then i guess so.

oh you mean the real real oldschool with the guy standing next to the button? oh sorry i was confused

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

*Notalgia explosion*

30xhf1l.jpg

The day hunter was released! I remember how cool that log on screen looked compared to the normal log in thing.

Remember when rs didn't load right and the brazier flames messed up?

So many good times :mrgreen:

summoningloginscreenh.png

Old summoning login :thumbsup: I remember teh day it came out.... the qest to do it and all.

And now according to like every level 20 and below in runescape we'll soon have sailing... The whole sailing thing was histeracle... people looking for clues and reasons for it... they all ended up as random things that dont add up... =D>

tipitsignatureguthixb.jpg

Wow Mike. Thats pretty freaking old, as in more than 5 years...thats classic era that is.

I am fond of the old warrior and skeleton. And I have never liked any login as much as the one with those flames that created the rune symbols. I miss those torch things. From one of the god letters, that particular screen actualy represented a dorway from our world to Gielinor. The gates were only passable by speaking your name and a special phrase unique to each person (ie password). The idea that we pass through the gates (I forget the name) and become our player, and then travel back on log out (which is why we disapear on logout, we have traveled back to reality, so we are our avatar in this world) has always had a speacial meaning to me. This idea is also why I so very rarely play accounts other than my main. To do so feels like creating different incarnations of my own self, which is just odd.

Thanks for bringing back memories :thumbsup:

You mean the "Flames of Llogh-enn"? (or was it Llogh-einn?)

577faecc19.png

I found this on youtube.

I wasn't searching for it but I found it.

Has the mainpage really ever looked like that?

Yeah, that is exactly how the main page looked back in December 2001. I've slid down the hiscores quite a bit since then. \'

If anyone I know still plays, add me. I still login from time-to-time.

- G Bub

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

Ugh.... Jagex hates us.

I tried using the waybackmachine (Basically a huge archive of all website's directories) but jagex blocks it... bandwidth wh???ores.

I remember the construction logon page with the easels ,too

They see me trollin'... They hatin'...

1z22bed.png

Moderatin' and tryna catch me postin dirtay...

Old summoning login :thumbsup: I remember teh day it came out.... the qest to do it and all.

And now according to like every level 20 and below in runescape we'll soon have sailing... The whole sailing thing was histeracle... people looking for clues and reasons for it... they all ended up as random things that dont add up... =D>

I remember the music button and the Anti-swiftkit 'quick world switcher'

And i remember the day summoning came out, its one day after i got my permanent ban on my previous account

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

i see you

Darth_1002.png

Things change. I still miss the old log-in music that's now called Scape Original.

Ugh, I'd forgotten about that music completely, I used to hate it - it was always so much louder than the music I was playing.

Had forgotten about the old world-switcher and music button too actually.

I quite like the current main page, it's quite easy to use and you don't have to go though the world/detail select pages any more.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

You still miss the skeleton and the warrior deep in your heart^

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

The ones the OP posted I can safely say I have never seen before im my life and look nothing like anything that has been on the rs homepage and I have been on rs since its first public release.

Since rs is only really on its third major layout, both the old ones with pics on this thread. You can clearly see the rs site graphics never looked nething like thoose posted.

Well then you haven't looked on the main page much because I clearly remember those icons.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

how "old" are these?

i remember the really old one, where the login button was red and etc. and when you clicked that you saw a "high detail" skeleton or a "low detail" warrior in noob armor and the world select was black and stuffs....

nostalgia :cry:

just before the graphical update

No way.

My memory of the older sites may be a bit wobbly in places, despite the fact I have a very good visual memory. But there is noway they were on the rs homepage jsut b4 HD came, I can remember that too clearly.

The icons of that time were about tht size and of a similar ilk, but they matched the in-game skill icons and deffo did not have grey bgs

And by this time any images refering to prayer with anything but the star had long gone.

Dont get me wrong just I roughly remember all the site and those jsut don;t fit right.

They don;t match any of the styles I recall 100%.

They prayer and agility icons remind me of the olllldddd site. But then the fact farming and hunter and slayer are in their makes them too new.

The thieving icon I have 100% never seen look like tht ever.

Looks to me like a mash up on older icons and some made up attempting to be in the style of, but none of them really 100% right.

Paw, I actually remember them quite vividly. Maybe you should just accept that at times in life the human memory can sometimes fail you, and this happens to be one of those times for you. lol.

Anyway, I remember them clearly and some of the pictures that people have posted of the old layout just make me go, "Ahhhh...those were the days."

And am I the only one that loves the Summoning login screen like a son-of-a-bork? I remember when they got rid of it I was bummed and to my happiness they brought it back for the Summoning Batch 2 update and I just wanted it to stay forever. lol.

Edit - Does anyone have a screenshot of the old construction login page? I totally forgot there even was one until someone here mentioned it, and now I can't really remember what it looked like. I searched through google and runescape wiki and nothing. :|

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Don't make me whip this out and spank you around a bit.

[hide=]rsclayout2ll2.jpg[/hide]

Dang.. I was gonna whip this one out and talk down to the whippersnappers.. but you beat me to it, you old coot. :P

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Dang.. I was gonna whip this one out and talk down to the whippersnappers.. but you beat me to it, you old coot. :P

yeah i remember that one, barely...it was around early in my gaming 'career" for my last acct

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Lol I remember signing in to my old Runescape account after about 5 years back in '07.

wat

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

yeah i remember that one, barely...it was around early in my gaming 'career" for my last acct

that is one old picture, but some of the other pictures bring back some memmories

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.